Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by CBenson
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Would anyone edit this any differently?
I guess I'd be inclined to map it as a walking trail. It seems (though it remains essentially unstated) that this is why waze will route to the end of a walking trail when the address is associated with the trail.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Well I wish we could get some further guidance on what the developers intend for us to use walking trails for.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
myriades wrote:In this case, there is no way that Waze failed the routing ;)
I disagree for the reason stated in the split thread.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Fredo-p wrote:
j4m35ch3w wrote:Hi berestovskyy,

Thanks for the fast fix!

On a side note, is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'.
San Diego has them in lowercase?
Yes, there seems to be some dispute whether such streets are correct over here: viewtopic.php?f=129&t=64303
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
To get the roundabout instruction to work correctly on this roundabout, I had to not have the segments connect at the same point.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Certainly there is a difference between many circular intersections and a true roundabout (DC has both). (And I don't think a hamburger roundabout can function as a true roundabout.) I agree the question becomes are the instructions to "take the X exit" more clear than a series of turn/keep instructions through the intersection. At Washington Circle users seem to expect a "at the roundabout take the 4th exit at Pennsylvania Ave NW" instruction rather than a "stay to the right at Pennsylvania Ave NW" instruction.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
lg1992 wrote:Now, as landmarks have been changed with places that have categories and sub-categories, I occasionally meet a place with a general category only. It would be nice to have the Validator to mark such places.
If done, I'd like this to be optional. The sub-categories are hardly comprehensive. Many of the places around me only have a general category as none of the sub-categories are appropriate.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
kentsmith9 wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:1. The two segments must start and end overlapping perfectly. If you have the 2 degrees of separation, you risk Waze generating unwanted "keep left" / "keep right" instructions.
I believe if both road names are the same, you will NOT get any instructions. I believe this has been tested many times and is the subject of this page on turn instructions. We have reviewed this logic and now Waze is confirming it is accurate.
I think that if both road names are the same, both road types are the same and the road names are the same as the segment before the split you should not get any instructions. Merely making the names the same shouldn't necessarily eliminate the instructions. (However, for this application the road names and types should be the same for all the segments, no?) My understanding is that overlapping the segments will eliminate the instructions regardless of the road types or names.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
txemt wrote:Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."
berestovskyy gave the reasons for a bunch of the checks here. Do we want to have this discussion again in this validator thread or should we take it somewhere else?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message