Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Spirit_of_76 wrote:I don't think that Validator is going to get an update. I've checked the forum profile page for berestovskyy. There is no last seen date. Also, his editor profile shows his last edit was 505 days ago. I'd say that indicates he's inactive. Is there anyone that can take over this script?
The script itself was updated last January, last post was December, but I agree that the author has possibly "orphaned" the script for whatever reason.

Regardless, it is still his work and he should be contacted before someone else begins to modify and distribute it under the same name.

Of course, anyone may independently develop a script with the same functions.
I've believed for a long time that many functions of Validator could be programmed into WMECH.

The Validator "reports" option is invaluable not only for cleaning up the map, but for discovering new editors who could benefit from mentoring and being introduced to the community.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
karlcr9911 wrote:It's a known issue that Validator isn't working in this latest WME release. The script writer has been contacted. If he chooses to update it, he'll do so as soon as he has time.
WME_Behavinator will move it to a separate tab.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18732 ... ehavinator
On Firefox, it is still functional on the new WME if you run the login bookmarklet posted a few pages back.

No functionality on Chrome at this time.

Bookmarklet:

Code: Select all

javascript:Waze.loginManager.events.triggerEvent('login');
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SuperDave1426 wrote:
taco909 wrote:WME_Behavinator will move it to a separate tab.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18732 ... ehavinator
Which is awesome, and I installed it the day it was announced since I really dislike the lack of a native tab option in Validator. However, there's something that's clearly not working right with Validator itself regarding the new version of WME, as others have suggested. Whatever it is seems to be keeping Behavinator from recognizing that it's there - I have no tab showing for Validator at all at this moment.

Creating a separate topic for WME_Behavinator support might not be a bad idea, if it hasn't already happened. :-)
It's working on Firefox if you run the bookmarklet I included above.
This has to be run after every page reload or in every new tab.

But it does not run on FF at all.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Still no luck on Firefox
The login bookmarket no longer brings it up.

I did have it set to go to the bottom before it stopped working.
Behavinator does not restore it to its own tab.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
james890526 wrote:
Nimbus- wrote:
mrsmith66 wrote:In Chrome - Validator seems to be preventing the left pane from scrolling, making the other tools unusable.
As a temporary fix, I've toggled it to move to the bottom. But now I can't hide the bubble blimp at the bottom.
Same here, now I can't access Validator and the only solution is to reinstall it if I need to use it and never to put it at the bottom
I did a remove and reinstall and still can't get it back in Firefox.

Behavinator loads it in its own tab in chrome so it doesn't matter if the "bottom" button is checked.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
seb-d59 wrote:Hi all,

On FF(46.0.1) for ubuntu, it doesn't want to work...
It start, but i don't have any HTML...

WME Validator v1.1.17: waiting for login...
WME Validator v1.1.17: login seb-d59
@berestovskyy: I would like to help you, but your script is encrypted...
Try this:

javascript:Waze.loginManager.events.triggerEvent('login');
It was working on the old version when using this login, but I haven't been able to get it to load on FF since it updated to .17
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Thanks for the confirmation.
It is not working on FF under Win 10 either.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
This has always been a problem with Validator. It runs a scan on every segment rendered on the screen and refreshes when the map is moved... it's how it works.
It is doing more in-depth scanning than Highlighter.

My wish list for Validator would be the following:

1 - Move it to its own tab so it is not reliant upon WME
2 - Provide a quick "on/off" toggle button that kills the continual scanning, but leaves the "Run report" option on the tab and enabled... Pressing the "play" button auto-activates the script and runs a scan logging to a report as it does now.
3 - The ability to export the report (with HTML links) to an external HTML file to allow a detailed scan to be run and saved for later in the event we get called away, browser crash, etc...
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Yep... It has been non-functional for so long under FF, and before that "buried" at the bottom that I had forgotten about a couple of the features.
I've literally looked at the menu maybe 4 times since WME added the new profile format last year.

Props to the author for getting the update out.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
RussPA wrote:I hope for a fix also for this very helpful script, but it seems the script author may not be active any more
That's been the story the last 4 times WME has broken it and the author has always stepped up to take care of us.
Not as quickly as other authors, but it gets taken care of.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich