Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Farmz246
Ok..trying to get up to speed without reading through all the posts.
Validator no longer works?
Is there another extension that can be used?
I'm trying to search for duplicate names and validator was great!
Farmz246
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by fermario73
I was accustomed to use this tool a lot. Thank you for bring it back!!
fermario73
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
First of all, congratulations for this great tool you made available to us.

I have an issue that I don´t know if it is some sort of bug or it is just me who doesn´t know how the tool works.

I have many one node connected segment which are highlighted as "Soft turn on drivable road".

Permalink to this situation HERE.

These segments do not have any soft turns on the connected node, I have tried to fix this "soft turn" to clear the detected error, but I have been unsuccesful. Can you provide me some guidance on how to solve this situation ?

Thanks for your effort on giving us better tools for editting, regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
berestovskyy wrote: Thanks for the feedback!

Hover your mouse over the problem title in the segment properties to get the "How to fix" instructions. For the soft turns it's: "Click the turn indicated with a purple question mark to confirm it."

There are purple question marks near the U-turn arrows, so you just click them to confirm that U-turns are disabled.
I have seen it and verified there are no U turns. I have also changed all turns red (not aloud turns), save the changes and then turn them green (turns aloud), save the changes again, and I cannot delete the "soft turn" warning message.

May be Validator is checking on the other end... and there I cannot do anything as there are no turns.

Thanks for your quick reply, and keep up the great work you are doing, best regrds,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
I have just drew a new street between two single end points, make new segment bidirectional, aloud all turns on the new nodes, delete segment, and ended clearing the "soft turn" detection on the original segments.

So it is due that Validator is checking on single street node and detecting "soft turn" on this disconnected, end of segment node.

Hope this helps, best regards,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
Hi !

Validator is becoming more and more useful every day, nice and quick development.
Thanks for all the updates and improvements.

Still I have a situation with "Same endpoints drivable segments".

Here is the permalink.

The issue is that one segment goes one way ant the other is the return way.
There is no mistake on the roads, thus when one segment goes one way ant the other segment goes the other way, there is no error and should not be highlighted.

I hope you can fix this to prevent a false positive highlight.

Best regards, from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
Dear Berestovskyy,

I have some small issue on the report of the area on the permalink.

At the end of the report says:
Summary
WME Validator has checked 635 segments and reported 2 errors (3‰) and 8 warnings (13‰).

3% of 635 errors is not 2 errors, and
13% of 635 errors is not 8 errors.

Percentage is being calculated with a big error (Reported percentage is 10 times bigger than real)

As you can see Validator has aloud me to reduce significantly the errors of the area (over 200 when started fixing it, I didn´t check percentage before starting).

I hope you can fix this small issue, it is not a bug, is just a small issue and has nothing to do with the proper functionality of the error detection.

Best regards form Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
bedo2991 wrote:
fernandoanguita wrote: Percentage is being calculated with a big error (Reported percentage is 10 times bigger than real)
Look more carefully to the "percentage" sign in your report: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por_mil
8:635 = x:1000
x = 8 * 1000 / 635 = 12.60
Oops... !!!!!
You are right, I was not careful enough to look it right. :oops:

Or may be I need glasses :D

Thanks for the quick reply !
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
petervdveen wrote:Look at this page:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Minimum_segment_length

The minimum segment length is 5 meters.
I would like to have a minimum of 6 meters (to be sure) in the benelux.
I agree also for Latin America and Spain, minimum lenght should be 5m it is a reasonable value.

(I think that is the actual value).
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
rulikoto wrote:Still have the trouble with the node fixer, anybody can explain?
There is a problem with the new editor API exchange of information with node fixer.

Solution in on the way, just be patient, I am sure all involved people is looking a this on their free time. Just be patient, it will be solved soon.

Best regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message