Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by pjlasl
When click 'Apply' after adding an address to a Place, I am asked if I want to leave or stay on page. If I click 'Leave Page' the window is refreshed and lose my work. If I click 'Stay on page' nothing happens.

This only occurs when I have validator enabled. It throws the following message:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'CreateRoundabout' of undefined VM1924:1
2Error in event handler for extension.onRequest: undefined
Stack trace: undefined VM1791 extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:9
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img] [img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///pIzEJ8[/img]
AM: Texas
CM: USA
Champ: USA
Mentor: USA

Best Practices for Map Editing | Texas Wiki| Unlock Request for US | Mentoring

Post by pjw65
berestovskyy wrote:
bz2012 wrote:FIrst time I have tried using the TYPE ferry, I see a problem: It is flagged as 'non drivable connected to drivable'.
Hey,
Do we use ferries yet? This wiki page says: "Do not use the Ferry Road type for any purpose": https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Ferries
As of this Forum Post in Aug 2015 (Thread Link from Wikipage above) it is now drivable.
Since then we use in the WME the ferry type and get a normal routing on these (tested them just now).

Please remove the warning. Thanx.
pjw65
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://up.picr.de/22994781vd.jpg
CM Switzerland
Deutsch und English speaking/writing

Post by Poncewattle
sketch wrote:Berestovskyy, could you remove the dead-end U turn check, and make it such that the "unconfirmed turn" checks etc. don't look at dead-end nodes? The ability to edit them has been removed from the editor.
Going to chime in here because I just figured out a way to edit u-turns on dead-ends but want to make sure I'm not breaking something else. Basically I can edit the u-turn on a dead end node by temporarily drawing a short two-way road segment and attaching it to the dead-end. Then I can edit the dead-end (since it's now not a dead-end) to disallow the U-turn. After that is done, I then delete the temporary road segment I just drew. The validator then stops complaining about it.

This also works with "Node A|B: Unconfirmed turn on minor road" where A or B is at a dead end.

It's a hassle. Maybe it's a waste of time to worry about it. Would like to know if it's OK to do this or if creating and deleting a lot of road segments in a short amount of time is "not a good thing."
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Taco909 wrote:
KB_Steveo wrote: QW on the end node is even faster ;)
Unless we are in the UK, we are not supposed to do this anymore... we've been asked in multiple threads by various global champs and Waze staffers.
Validator needs to ignore the u-turn, and the "Q" function in JNF needs to be changed so it likewise ignores u-turns if they are at a dead-end.
Understand that, and I am treading lightly here so as not to sound like I'm being argumentative, but I've noticed there's other actions that one can do deliberately or accidentally that will change the now-hidden dead-end U-turn. For example, just grabbing the end node of a dead-end and resizing it a little longer or shorter can in many cases change it from a hidden u-turn allowed to a hidden u-turn not allowed.
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
I stopped Q'ing the end nodes when I read about not doing it. But then I noticed I was somehow changing some of the roads from yellow to blue when moving stuff around, so I experimented a bit to see why.

If I attach a temporary road segment to the end node when it's flagged, it then lights up as a u-turn permitted. I then delete the temporary segment, drag that end node a bit (like I would if resizing a cul-de-sac end point) and then it changes from yellow to purple. I then attach another temporary road to the end and now the u-turn is showing up as prohibited. So just dragging the node around had the side-effect of changing the behavior of the u-turn permission. So something is changing that u-turn as a side-effect of me moving the end node whether I intend to do so or not. :(

Almost all of the dead-ends in my area are u-turn prohibited naturally for whatever reason (long before I walked into town, as they say). Only a few are set to allow for u-turns (as still flagged by the validator). So if one or the other is a problem, then Waze staff are going to need to do some massive macro change of them all whenever they get it all sorted out, then we need to go in and just edit the exceptions here and there as applicable.
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
User control panel, user groups, select Map Editor - Level 2, join it, then select it as your default group.
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Ding. Yup. That's exactly what's happening. Well that mystery is solved!

(Learn something every day!)

Does that destroy the traffic history data on the segment too? The ID number doesn't change at least.
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
CBenson wrote: I find it now somewhat critical that this indication remain in Validator so I can troubleshoot and report problems with enabled or disabled dead-end roads.
Right now the validator reports it as a (yellow) warning if the u-turn is enabled to get around the bug documented in the wiki that says "Due to a bug in Waze, we need to make sure that Waze thinks that a U-turn is not allowed on a dead-end, even though in reality it must be." (which was before they hid it from us of course):

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_ ... nd-streets

What I am inferring from what I hear you saying is, iff Waze ever fixes that bug, then the validator should then be changed to report it as an error for the OPPOSITE condition -- if the u-turn is in fact disabled, since after the bug is fixed the u-turns in most cases should in fact be ENABLED.

Am I understanding this right?
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
CBenson wrote:my position is that it absurd for routing to depend on some setting that we can inadvertently change
Oh good, because that's what I've been paranoid of myself. I've been told "don't do that" but I end up doing "it" as a side effect of doing other things, and if I didn't have the validator installed, I wouldn't even know I'm changing "it" at all because it's hidden now. :?
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Hmm, I was going to bring up Franconia Notch in NH as an example of a two-way Interstate but I see it's an Interstate classified in Waze as a major highway and not a freeway.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=64617804
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message