Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
ispyisail wrote:Hi all

I'm trying to find "alternate" streets names but for some reason I can't get my search to work?

Code: Select all

${typeRank}:${altStreet}
/(10|11):(^(.(?!(Rd$)))*$)/
I'm trying to find all alternate street names that that don't finish with "Rd" that are street or primary street.

I don't know why it doesn't work, tried may things

Thanks
First off, ^ is the beginning of the string. You only get one string, and the string is [typerank]:[altstreet], so ^ is before the typerank number. The colon is an arbitrary separator between the typerank and the alt name, it does not establish separate strings for the purposes of regex.

${altStreet[#]} prints a list of all alt streets separated by the # character (also arbitrary, like the colon above). I added that stuff in and removed some superfluous parentheses. I'm not sure if this will work, because I'm not very good with negative lookaheads, but it's closer.

Code: Select all

${typeRank}:${altStreet[#]}
/(10|11):.(?!(Rd(#|$)))*(#|$)/
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
taco909 wrote: But like WMECH and TB, I would be happy to see more granular control over Validator's reported errors so that individual errors such as this could be toggled off.
Easily done. If you don't want to see "Street name on two-way Ramp", put "!28" ("not 28") in the "Reported as" field on the [Magnifying glass] page. You can see the numbers by hovering over the report name in the left panel. Separated by commas, you can turn off any checks you like by including a string like "!28,!128", or show only certain checks by using a string like "28,128".

As for turning it off completely, it's pretty useful in the USA, so we'd like to keep it. Of course, berestovskyy can add or remove any particular check for any particular country... but good luck finding him......
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Glodenox wrote:It's just a regular userscript, so I can't see where there would be a difference between TamperMonkey and GreaseMonkey here. Unless there's another bug that is only present on Firefox that hasn't been fixed this way. But I'll look into it closer in a couple of hours.
There is also a Chrome Web Store version, for which this apparently will not work.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
turbomkt wrote:
jdelosa wrote:So if Mr. berestovskyy , ever does come back to this script, it would be great if there as a shut off button for the report, so the script is not using memory to compile a report i am not going to use.

I hope he will because this is one of the most useful scripts. Thanks for you work. JD
By default I don't have it running.
But then it doesn't do anything ;)

It would be nice to disable logging so that highlights could still be displayed, without using the memory to compile the report that is seldom used.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Plenty of scripts highlight without building a log that you can read. Validator is the only one that continues to hold the identities of those segments long after they're off screen, until cleared manually.

Understandable given its design to scan larger sections of the map, but many don't use it that way, so it's an unnecessary extra step.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
SpencerFG wrote:Just for the record, I, and I assume others use the log. It's particularly useful in large areas of base map to highlight and quickly find problems. I didn't know it kept a log when just being run passively, though.
Indeed, which is why the suggestion is to allow users to turn off logging. I would not suggest gutting the core functionality of the script just to save some annoyance every once in a while ;)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
yaacobyy wrote:If Waze gives a route through a 1-way segment in the wrong direction, this should be reported in CC as a bug so that it will be fixed sometime in the future. If it was already reported, please give a link to the report.
You are not wrong. It is a bug, and should be reported as such, if it isn't already. It's so long-standing, though, that it long predates Centercode, and we've mapped to fix it for many, many years, and so it'll be hard to find a reproducible example, and anyway, it's very well ingrained into our mapping guidance. Also, as it's caused by such a deep and fundamental method of the routing system and the way it integrates with the app, I imagine it's not an easy fix, either.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
voludu2 wrote:I do not see this problem.

What browser are you using and what other extensions do you run at the same time?
This is in the beta editor.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by SkiDooGuy
I see it was "temporarily disabled", but are we going to get the "unneeded node A/B" back in a release anytime soon. It's a lot faster to send a new user a report with these listed in it then trying to PL them all myself. :)

Thanks
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
Time for everyone to learn how to use WMECH to do a lot of the same work!
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor