Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
This is what I have written down. I haven't verified or updated it recently. For example, you can see that Ferry isn't in there.

Code: Select all

typeRank
15 freeway
14 major highway
13 minor highway
12 ramp
11 primary street
10 street
9 service road
8 dirt road
7 parking lot road
6 private road
5 walking trail
4 pedestrian bdwk
3 stairway
2 railroad
1 runway

type
1 street
2 primary street
3 freeway
4 ramp
5 walking trail
6 major hwy
7 minor hwy
8 dirt
10 ped boardwalk
16 stairway
17 private road
18 railroad
19 runway
20 parking lot road
21 service road
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Service roads SHOULD have all been converted to Street, so if there are some that are now (null), that's weird. Anyway, that's another thing that shows that I haven't messed with it in a while :)

edit
SuperDave1426 wrote:So, no word on why when looking for ${typeRank} values that used to highlight Private, PLR & Dirt Roads no longer works?
They work for me. I just tested them all, and all are working, except that Service Road no longer exists, of course.

---

The ${type} number for Ferry is 14. Ferry does not appear to have a typeRank.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
voludu2 wrote:SuperDave, is this Mall in Reno within your editable area?
Validator is designed to only check segments you can edit.

Just for you, I strove to test this properly, in a way that anyone can replicate:

HOW I TESTED
I disabled EVERY WME script other than validator. I picked a reproducible PL from your image: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=74223083

And I constructed a typeRank filter to highlight every road with a numeric typeRank
${typeRank}
/[0-9].*/

WHAT I OBSERVED:
* What I see is all roads I can edit highlighted
+ In Reno -- 0 roads
+ In my editable area -- everything not locked above my rank
* Nothing highlighted outside my editable areas.
* If I select a segment outside my editable area with a lock level < or = my editing rank, then the left pane says " User-defined custom check (green)" even though it is not highlighted
* If I select a segment with a lock level > my editing rank, then the left pane says "The segment is not checked"
BTW, the "Exclude non-editable segments" on the front page of Validator settings will change this behavior.

Also – if you want ${typeRank} with any digit value, try /[0-9]+/

The formula you're currently using will give you any typeRank that starts with a digit 0-9 and has any sort of subsequent characters at all, so, 1 or 23 or 4567 or 8ffgsdgrsfg. Not that it really matters in this case, but in the future, if you are looking for numbers only: "+" and "*" affect the character or group right behind it; "*" means "zero or more", and "+" means "one or more"; and "." is a wildcard. So ".*" means "zero or more of any characters at all", whereas "[0-9]+" means "one or more digits".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
PesachZ wrote:While we're on the topic you can substitute [0-9] with /d
So a search for ^/d+$ will find any string of any length containing exclusively numbers.
For more details see RegEx Tutorial

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
It's \d not /d. Backslashes are used to escape what would otherwise be normal letters. \d is any digit, \w is a word character (iirc it's [A-Za-z0-9]), \b is a word boundary (meaning a space or begin/end of string, or maybe something else)...
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
carloslaso wrote:I think I have searched but I have found nothing about FW, MH and mH with city names, I tried some Regex and failed :?
You want to highlight every FW, MH, mH with a city name?

${typeRank}:${city}
/1[3-5]:.+$/
1[3-5] == typeRank 13, 14, 15 are mH, MH, FW, respectively
: == separates typeRank from city
.+ == one or more of any characters
$ == end of string
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Yeah! Well done implementation. I realized that a month or two ago and have been using implementations like this:

${street}#${altStreet[#]}
/(^|#)US-167 [NS](#|$)/

But yours is even easier to use!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
ispyisail wrote: I have enough trouble with the easy stuff :(

Could you show us an example?
Not that it makes it any easier to understand ... or very much shorter ;)

!/( Unknown Name| A(ly|ve)| B(l?vd|ridge|nd|ypass|rae|(ike|us)way)| C([lrt]|hase|ove|res|ir)| D(ell|r)| E(ast|nt|xit|splanade)| F(wy|all)| G(r|ln|rv|r(ee)?n|dns?|ate)| H(ts|wy|ospital)| Jct| L(ink|ine|[np])| M(twy|w|ile|ohr|ews)| North| One| P(ark|rom|de|l|kwy|oint)| R([id]|ow|ise|amp|ailway|un(way)?)| S(outh|pur|upermarket|[qt])| T(ce|unnel|urn|rl|ra(k|il))| V((ie)?w|st)| W(ay|est|ynd)| Xing|^$)$|^(State |The |E(xit( to:)?|ntry) )/
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
ispyisail wrote:Thanks Guys working really well
This is actually a really good candidate for the kind of thing I was doing earlier:

/(10|11):(?!State |The |.* (Glade|Row|Vale|Hill|Point|Hospital|Supermarket|Fall|Brae|Wynd|Mile|Mohr|Dell|One|Trak|Trail|Ramp|Esplanade|Cir|View|Gate|Green|Bvd|Gln|Mews|Gdns|Run|Runway|Trl|Cl|Gr|Spur|Rise|Cres|Aly|Ave|Blvd|Bikeway|Bnd|Bridge|Busway|Bypass|Chase|Cl|Cove|Cr|Ct|Dr|East|Ent|Exit|Fwy|Gdn|Grn|Grv|Hts|Hwy|Jct|Link|Line|Ln|Lp|Mtwy|Mw|North|Park|Pde|Pl|Pkwy|Prom|Railway|Ri|Rd|South|Sq|St|Tce|Tunnel|Turn|Vw|Vst|Way|West|Xing)$|.*Unknown Name$|^$|$)/
Saves you the trouble of retyping ".* " and "$" every time.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Thortok2000 wrote:Then you never have to worry about new layers coming out or recording the layers the user has active or learning what the new numbers for the layers are or any of that nonsense. Just don't include the &layers part in the url. At all.
I agree that layer-free PLs would be helpful from Validator. But Validator isn't disabling the experimental roads layer.

Because the experimental roads layer is (presumably) intended to eventually take place of the roads layer, it does not have a place in the WME layer number. It's simply not accounted for at all. So if you create a permalink with the experimental roads layer on, it won't have the experimental roads layer enabled in it, because there's no place for it in the layers= number. This is true no matter how you create the permalink (provided that layers are included), whether in the editor, by a script, or what have you.

So, like I said, I agree that a layerless permalink is a good solution in this case. I'm just explaining that nothing is actively "disabling" the layer, that the layer is disabled by a (deliberate) omission in WME itself.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Validator is intending to keep the layers you had on when you created the report. That's what it does (experimental road layer notwithstanding). You can keep the report open or elsewhere and open parts of it back up later in the same situation you created the report in. That's the idea. Maybe it wasn't the most futureproof idea in the world, as it turned out, but it's still not a bad idea.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message