Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vince1612
ali_zali wrote:my version is 1.1.20 and it is says it is out of date and should be upgrade
how?
Read the previous page
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
sven1999 wrote:For Austria, Germany & Switzerland [DACH] there is the custom rule to not use the new narrow street.
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=256066
Except that "new narrow street" is not really adapted anymore, as it's no longer new.
The thread you mention is 1 year and 3 months old, I don't know about Austria and Germany, but in the case of Switzerland we discussed it and we have internal guidelines for the use of the new type in our country.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by voludu2
It's the bee's knees.
thanks
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
berestovskyy wrote:WME Validator F.A.Q.
New! Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.
I really like having WME Validator double-check my work.
This is a really useful feature. It would be really useful for mentors to be able to search for their mentees' usernames, too.

Thanks for all the effort you have put into this tool.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Just off the top of my head, I would think the following ought to find any ${street} that starts with "St ". By putting ${type} before street and using the "beginning of line" anchor (^), you were limiting the script to cases where ${type} began with "St". And you need an opening delimiter to match the closing delimiter.

When you are testing regexps, you can find an online regexp tester, type in a test string, and fiddle around with your regexp until you get a match.

Warning: I have not done any testing.

Code: Select all

"174.enabled": true,
"174.severity": "warning",
"174.params": {
    "titleEN": "St. not St",
    "problemEN": "St. not St",
    "solutionEN": "Use St. instead of St",
    "template": "${street}",
    "regexp": "/^St\s/",
},
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
!doh! Of course. javascript. Thanks
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Does it detect revcons? I thought so, but I have not detected any reverse connectivity with it lately, even on a segment where someone else could see the revcon, using toolbox.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Memory Problems.

When I have validator enabled in Chrome, the memory in the WME browser window quickly gets out of hand. When I start up WME without validator, the window uses 130-160 M, but when I run validator, it quickly goes to 200. After an hour or so, it goes to 300, then 400. Then the PC starts doing a lot of paging and things slow down, and I have to close and restart chrome. sometimes, Chrome starts complaining that it has run out of memory. Or it crashes altogether.

This is recent behavior. I never noticed it before just recently. The most recent things I did were to install tampermonkey and start using the Chat add-on. Of course, waze has also made recent changes to WME...

Has anybody else had problems with validator recently?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I am seeing inconsistencies with custom template/regexp highlighting, This makes it somewhat less useful than it could be for identifying "state smudging"
Test conditions:
  • Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m and 38.0.2125.104 m with all extensions disabled except for Validator
  • blue: template ${state} and two different regexps: !/^Pennsylvania$/ and /Delaware/
  • All filter and search settings disabled/blank
I chose an editable area in which all streets match both regexps. Most of the visible segments are highlighted, but many are not:
  • If I zoom out to zoom=3, far enough to run a validator scan, blue highlighting is spotty at best. Validator scan does not fix blue highlighting at zoom=3. zoom=4 and higher is required.
  • At zoom=4, panning, zooming, and layer refresh do not cause matching segments to show the blue highlight. Clicking the permalink icon is required.
The following observations were made at zoom=4 and greater, using the permalink icon before making each observation. I can no longer reproduce the following, which I observed using Chrome 37, with several other extensions enabled.
  • Selecting a highlighted segment without making any edit removes the highlight. Refreshing the layers does not bring the highlighting back. Clicking the permalink brought the highlight back. I did not do thorough testing of zooming, panning, and refresh layers effect on this.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Thank you for the information above. It is a big help to using validator effectively.

I have a couple more questions about custom checks.

* is a custom check like ${state} !/Pennsylvania/ a slow search?
berestovskyy wrote: 4. The therm "editable segment" in Validator has a bit stricter meaning: the segment properties should be editable and both of the nodes.
If I have the "exclude un editable segment" disabled, and am operating at level 6 with fewer than 300 segments on the screen, should a segment which is locked above my level and which matches the custom check be highlighted?
voludu2
Send a message