Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
berestovskyy wrote:City name on Freeway
What is the problem? City name on the Freeway may cause a city smudge.
I'd like to request an option to turn that off. Where I live, it's not uncommon to have a freeway have the city name (along with on/off ramps) within the city and go back to no city name outside of the city. I, myself, would prefer to not have it flashing freeway segments at me because of that. :-)

An additional note, not related to the above: I've got some interchanges that look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zJSEkuv.png

Now, that's a standard SPUI configuration; in fact, my RC asked me to configure these various interchanges this way. However, the Validator is flashing those crossed onramp/offramps as having "too many connections."

Any chance and adjustment can be made to make it a bit more tolerant of these kinds of configuration? :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I'd like to request an option to turn that off.
It's disabled for US.
Ah, ok. :-)
City name on Railroad
What is the problem? City name on the Railroad may cause a city smudge.
Can that be turned off in the US, too? :D
SuperDave1426 wrote:An additional note, not related to the above: I've got some interchanges that look like this:
It's a beta check, just ignore it at the moment.
Ok, will do. Just wanted to make you aware of it.

As a side note, kind-of along those lines, it would be nice if the "flash/alert a freeway segment locked at least than Rank X" thing were configurable. Yes, I realize that typically freeways, at least within cities, get locked at rank 5. However, there are times when the lock level is less, legitimately. It would be nice if there were an option under settings that was something along the lines of

[ ] Report freeway segments locked under rank ____

Where you can check the option in the beginning, and put the numeric value you want to know about at the end of the line like that. Or something similar. :-)

I figured no harm in asking. :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
If I'm reading that right, then it would catch freeways that weren't at least locked at rank 2, so yea that would catch completely open segments without bothering people in areas where the lock is set lower than 5. I like it. :D Yea, something like that would do nicely.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:
City name on Railroad
What is the problem? City name on the Railroad may cause a city smudge.
Can that be turned off in the US, too? :D
Railroads should not have a city name applied anywhere. There's other discussion threads about this. Unless they are local light-rail stuff.
Really? That's interesting, I didn't know about that. There's a Union-Pacific Railroad line that runs through Reno, and the person who created that (who's a rank 6) did create it with a city name back in May 2013. I never even really noticed it until this latest update to the Validator, which resulted in it flashing at me and then I found out about it.

Given that it was created last year by a rank 6, is this "no city names for railroads, ever" rule a new one? Just out of curiosity.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Railroads should not have a city name applied anywhere. There's other discussion threads about this. Unless they are local light-rail stuff.
Ok, this might be an exception along the lines of what you suggest regarding local light rail. The V&T Railway is a local tourist attraction that runs along the historic short line route that was taken back in the 1800's to provide transportation and bring silver & gold down from Virginia City to Carson City. It's decidedly a local light passenger rail - the engine is steam powered. :D

So would this be one that should be excepted from the "don't put a city name on the rail line" rule?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Two quick items:

1) I would still really like it if it wasn't flashing freeways at me that are locked at level 3 or above. ;)

2) I've discovered that it will flash to alert you to an "unneeded node {A|B}" when that node is there to let you change states (when a road crosses a state line). Any chance that can be fixed? :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
berestovskyy wrote:But you are right, there are so many of them and it does not worth to hard disable those turns. So in the next release the check will report soft turns on Primary streets and up only.
If you're going to do that, PLEASE make it a selectable option to turn on or off non-primary street U-Turn detection. The very reason someone pointed out this tool to me was because I was complaining that I didn't have any way to detect end-node U-Turn issues (permitted or soft restricted). And in the areas that I work, there are a LOT of plain-old streets that have that issue. If you remove the check outright except for only primary streets and above, you'll be removing the very thing that brought me to this tool in the first place.

I've had URs from people who got routed a weird way, and when I've posted "what's wrong here" type questions, the response I've gotten from champs/experts/etc was that the soft restriction looked to be the cause so I should hard restrict it. So yea, it is worth it to highlight the soft restrictions. At least for some of us. :-D

I completely understand that some people may not find that so useful. But please don't hamstring those of us who do. :-) If you make it an option under settings (one that sticks across sessions preferred <grin>), then both groups of people can get what they need.

Thanks.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
berestovskyy wrote:So in US you'll have all the soft turns reported, but as a NOTE for basic streets and other drivables, ok?
Does a NOTE flash the road to call attention to it? 'Cause that's what I'm looking for when I'm panning around the map. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:So in US you'll have all the soft turns reported, but as a NOTE for basic streets and other drivables, ok?
Does a NOTE flash the road to call attention to it? 'Cause that's what I'm looking for when I'm panning around the map. :-)
It will flash blue because it would be a Note and not yellow. I'd prefer to keep it all the way it was before for the US.
No argument with you there - I'd much rather see it remain the same as well.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Today, I'm getting a strange result from the Validator as I pan around. Roads that weren't flashing before are doing so now. I'm getting a "same endpoints drivable segments" error where that's not the case.

Here's and example of one. Here's another.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message