Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
LeighGr wrote:I had disabled Validator
I'll add a note in the segment's properties if Validator is disabled or the limit has reached.
GizmoGuy411 wrote:#47 The drivable non-private segment has no single inward turn enabled at node B.

This segment is two-way segment, that has no connectivity at node B. The segment after node B is one-way away from node B. The only inward access to the segment is via private business road.
A permalink would help. But in theory Validator reports #47 only if inward connectivity is possible at node B (i.e. there is at least one connected segment, it is drivable and its direction is two-way or one-way directed to the reporting segment)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
The problem is at node B (Freeway). I guess you have to make this Dearborn Ave a one-way road (direction to freeway).

But you are right, there might be some cases like this one. I guess we have to analyze a turn's angle as well...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
ditchi56 wrote:Would it be possible to have a function in Validator settings to control the maximum number of items reported?
Could you please give me a permalink to an area where your browser is out of memory? I'll have a look how many segments/issues are there...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
ditchi56 wrote:it said "WME Validator has checked 11653 segments and reported 12 errors (1‰), 277 warnings (24‰) and 261 notes"
It means there are just 12+277+261 issues :? Even if I lower the limit to a 100 of segments per check, I guess it will change nothing for such a low amount of the issues.

Maybe the problem is not related to Validator itself? You might opened too many WME windows or something?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
ditchi56 wrote:I believe the problem (apart from a machine running low on storage) is the size of the "data" web page generated for the report.
I just measured the size of "data" document for the area you send me (12+277+261 issues). It is less than 100KB (Save page as->HTML Only).

I tried few versions back to generate the report in a bit different way, but this "data" method was the most reliable and worked both in Chrome and Firefox. I guess I have to try again...
ituajr wrote:Is it possible to produce a warning for a gas station landmark that is too small?
Sure it is possible and it is planned, but at the moment Validator does not analyze the landmark layer :( As you might know, Waze introduces significant changes in the landmarks, so IMO we better wait until it's all settled down...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
08.03.2014 v0.8.0:
- Support for localization packages
- Package Wizard: Settings->About->Wizard
- Auto-pause if there are more than 20K of segments
- 'Too many issues' note in segment's properties
- 'Validator is disabled' note in segment's properties

- NEW for BeNeLux #122 'Incorrect Primary street lock'
- Enabled for AR #56 'Incorrect word in street name'
word 'calle'
- Fixed #38 and #39 'Expired restrictions'
- Updated #98 'Street name with spaces only':
street name with just a dot
- Enabled/disabled few checks for spanish countries
- Updated spanish translations

Note for RTL languages: since you can fully translate Validator's UI now, it does not force text direction anymore. In other words, Validator's text direction matches WME's text direction now.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
bz2012 wrote:constant 'too many issues reported' flag showing up when any segment selected.
If you hover your mouse over the note, it will give you an explanation.

To save the memory, Validator does not collect more than 300 issues of the same type. Once you reach the limit, the clear report button becomes red and now in the v0.8.0 you have the note in the segment's properties.

You may review collected report and click 'Clear report' button or simply ignore the note.

I'm aware that in some cities you can reach this "300 issues" limit almost instantly (there are too many soft turns or unknown directions). In the v0.8.0 you you can disable/enable the checks using localization packs.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
bz2012 wrote:Clearing the report does not remove the message. It pops up ANYTIME I select any segment in the Houston texas area.
Thanks, it's a bug. I was testing the feature and released Validator with the note constantly enabled :(
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
arbaot wrote:Please confirm that there is no need to keep the TODO at the beginnig of translated string.
once translation is done how will it be distribute?
Sure, it's just a marker for your convenience, so please delete those TODO prefixes. Just untranslated lines will be marked with TODO, so I hope it will be easier for you to update the package in the feature.

If you keep those .en lines, Validator will compare those lines with the built-in lines and mark your translation with TODO prefix if your .en line is different.

Those localization packages are designed for the following workflow:
1. You generate the package using the Wizard. All of your previous translations are preserved.
The generated package is a Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script ready for installation.

2. You translate TODO lines and install the script using Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey along with Validator. Validator will pick up your translations immediately (see JS console for the lines "found localization pack: France")
So you always have two scripts installed: Validator itself and your Validator for France.

3. Say, a new version of Validator is released with few new checks. Having those two scripts active, you just click Settings->About->Wizard and regenerate the package, translate the difference and reinstall.

Regarding the distribution. There are two ways:
1. Your local community maintain/distribute the package. I can put the link to your local thread, i.e. "Download French translations here" or whatever. Also on your request I can import just enabled/disabled checks and options (no translations).

2. Alternatively, I can import the whole package back into the Validator on your request.

Both ways have cons and pros. I would prefer the 1st one, but it's up to you.

Any suggestions are welcome!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Jay91150 wrote:validator is reporting quite a few more "overlapping segments" in my area. Was something changed?
Nothing has changed. To get the "overlapping segments" error your segments need to cross at 2º or less. Please provide few permalinks to check.
Jay91150 wrote:Validator reported this as "unneeded node B" in the report, but didn't identify it when I clicked the link.
Right. If you pan around with the segment selected you'll notice it goes reported as unneeded and back.

It's happening because Validator does not report "Unneeded node" if there is a 3-segment loop. But to check if there is a loop, Validator need all of those 3 binding nodes to be fully loaded (i.e. not partial). So as your upper node in the loop flaps from partially loaded state (off-screen) to fully loaded, Validator flaps the report.

I guess in this particular case we can ignore the WME "partial" flag, so I'll try to fix it.
berestovskyy
Send a message