Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9
It appears to be very rare now, but specific to certain points. I guess we should move this particular line to a separate thread since I doubt it is Validator specific.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
SuperDave1426 wrote:It would be nice if this update did not have an artificial, unneccessary expiration date in it.... :?
This is on purpose for the safety of the map data. If an editor was using an older script that accessed data in a way that was no longer supported by a Waze back end update, they could not do it very long before the script would stop working. Clearly it is easy enough to get around the issue, but by that point the editor is likely to have access to be able to make other changes and also would notice the script is no longer working as intended.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:typeRank
15 freeway
14 major highway
13 minor highway
12 ramp
11 primary street
10 street
9 service road
8 dirt road
7 parking lot road
6 private road
5 walking trail
4 pedestrian bdwk
3 stairway
2 railroad
1 runway

type
1 street
2 primary street
3 freeway
4 ramp
5 walking trail
6 major hwy
7 minor hwy
8 dirt
10 ped boardwalk
16 stairway
17 private road
18 railroad
19 runway
20 parking lot road
21 service road

I don't know about the new Ferry type, I haven't tested it yet.
I don't use the customization features of Validator, but this list looks like something that should be part of the instructions in the Wiki. Did we build a page for it to include these things?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:
whatnt wrote:v 1.1.10 is flagging "Expy" as an incorrectly abbreviated street name.
This is for the US, Expwy is our recommended abbreviation for Expressway
After 3+ years of it being an accepted abbreviation across the US, why did it change to unaccepted?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Thanks for the great explanation.
PesachZ wrote:The MUTCD lists "Expwy" as the exclusive acceptable abbreviation for expressway.

I believe most BGS where expressway is abbreviated it appears as "Expwy", and not "Expy".

I just confirmed every BGS I can find in and around the SJ area seems to have the 5 letter abbreviation. So far I have not seen a four letter abbreviation.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:I want to add that although Expy is not recommended, it will still work with our current TTS engine, so there is no urgent rush to fix them all immediately. However it should something you fix when you see it.
OCD. Highlighted. Duh. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:I want to add that although Expy is not recommended, it will still work with our current TTS engine, so there is no urgent rush to fix them all immediately. However it should be something you fix when you see it.
SF Bay Area done as far as I can see.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
The current Wiki linked in the #171 Incorrect Street Abbreviation error shows this is possible:
'E' St, Rio Linda, California
However, validator shows an error I presume because the new USA version of the new page shows it should be:
E. St, Rio Linda, California
Is the Wiki link from validator for a particular error able to change to different country specific pages? Or do we need to solve the problem on the one Wiki page?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OK. That is the page I did find the working text, so is there already a thread to propose the global page change to the current US page?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:validator should be updated so that in the US I shows the link to the USA version of the page.
I wasn't sure it could be dynamic with those Wiki links, but that is good news.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message