Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dougp01
crazycaveman wrote:If you have the experimental road layer enabled and the legacy roads disabled, no roads will be displayed because the experimental layer does not yet get enabled through a permalink. Might be best to enable the roads layer before running a scan so you don't have to enable them with every permalink to follow
I think this might be okay except the Shift-R functionality has been overwritten with experimental roads. I for one am a big user of shortcuts and dutifully navigating menus with my mouse is a bit of a pain. I therefore am attempting to use experimental roads as much as possible and this validator layers problem is a continuous issue for me.

thanks!
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,

Post by dougp01
As with the others, I am unable to use the WME Validator in Firefox. I too have re-installed to no avail. Is anyone looking into this concern? I consider the validator essential to what I do.

I should add that there seems to be other functions which are behaving differently from around the same time as the validator upgrade. Not certain if this is related or not. For example, when I launch a new session my browser frequently goes to New York City instead of the last place I did any editing. In addition, many of my preferences are changed. The Toolbox Highlight layers are all turned off. The left sidebar seems to behave strangely by not always displaying tools as I am accustomed to seeing. Side panel preferences are all reset. I suppose a setting in my CCleaner may have changed and now clears too much out of my Firefox cache but I cannot locate the problem.

I would use Chrome but have found that despite Google's advertising about fast browsing in modern browsers, Chrome becomes very sluggish when loaded with only a few scripts.

Thanks a bunch, Doug
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,

Post by dougp01
Hi all, I am seeking advice on "Incorrectly abbreviated street name"

I have a situation where the "." is an actual part of the road name. The Validator report result looks like this:

Fire Rte 162.12, No City
Fire Rte 199.1, No City
Fire Rte 199.1B, No City
Fire Rte 199.1C, No City
Forest Road 509.1, No City

Is there an alternative to this naming I can substitute?

thanks, Doug
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,

Post by dougp01
jdelosa wrote:Please open the script so that others can have at it, or signal to us that you want it to die on this hill so another talented script can start to work on a new one.....
I am ready for an alternative. It seems to me that in general, the idea of map validation is not exclusively "owned" by any one person. After all, isn't that what we do manually every time we edit?

Has anyone found a different tool that helps to streamline this otherwise arduous task?

Happy 2017,

Doug
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,

Post by dougp01
Does the validator include wrong state?

I am working in an area of NW Montana and finding some old problems with roads marked as Idaho. And yet the validator seems to miss these.

Thanks!
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,

Post by DrDisaster
Agreed with 2/26/19 problems... won't allow edits to go into my "save queue" and nothing gets saved.
DrDisaster
Send a message
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/im ... r_300K.jpg
DrDisaster | Rank 5 Area Manager residing in Rochester, NY, editing in Western NY, Finger Lakes and the North Country. Est. Jan 2015; former SM in AL, FL, GA.

Specialize in: Major Traffic Events (MTE); Global Event Partner (GEP) program; Crisis Response / Virtual Emergency Operations Center (VEOC); colleges and universities.

Post by DrDisaster
Yes, I disabled all scripts and re-enabled them one at a time until I came to Validator. Tried several on/off cycles and it's definitely Validator.
DrDisaster
Send a message
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/im ... r_300K.jpg
DrDisaster | Rank 5 Area Manager residing in Rochester, NY, editing in Western NY, Finger Lakes and the North Country. Est. Jan 2015; former SM in AL, FL, GA.

Specialize in: Major Traffic Events (MTE); Global Event Partner (GEP) program; Crisis Response / Virtual Emergency Operations Center (VEOC); colleges and universities.

Post by driver_ratchet
Hello, good morning !, I need your help downloading the file to install offline, I'm having trouble installing from the webstore. thanks
driver_ratchet
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Fabio Araya
RATCHETX
fvalerin@outlook.com
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]
[img]https:///2F37zR[/img]

Post by Droopy-P
I am located in Richmond Hill ON CA, and for the past week or so, when I run the Validator to review errors/missing information in my zone (me being L2), it has been directing me to the Union Square Dog Park in NY NY USA every time. Clicking on links within forums seems to work fine though.

I have done advanced clearing of Chrome cache, still is an issue.

Looking for some assistance on this matter if at all possible,

Thanks, Droopy
 ! Message from: Moderator
Merged into the Validator thread
Droopy-P
Send a message

Post by dspille
Great script! Thank you for the update!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message