Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by lelehman
This is awesome! I've noticed I can't switch tabs while waiting to finish the scan - it appears to stop when I go to a different tab and then start over when I switch back. Nonetheless, this is a really helpful extension.
lelehman
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by LennyNRPD
johnsninja58 wrote:Validator has been a hugely valuable tool for the wme community. The efforts of a single editor have greatly contributed to a much more efficient editing experience. For this they should be applauded. They have also continued to support this script well after life priorities changed and they didn't have time for editing anymore. Again a huge thank you.

Howver I am happy to hear hints of a long term solution coming soon as the frequency this script has been breaking recently and patch work to keep alive shows the need for a more active maintenance approach. I look forward to what is coming soon
Agreed fully. Some amazing scripts and authors here and it's very much appreciated for all the work they do. :!:
LennyNRPD
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by letripeurfou
Hello,

I have a problem to install WME Validator.
With Chrome Store, I have a windows qho say : NETWORK_FAILED.

And I can't install.

Is it possible to install without chrome store ?

Thks
letripeurfou
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Y'a que les routes qui sont belles... Et peu importe où elles mènent...
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0025.png

Post by levin
I would like to suggest two new checks:
  • Two-way freeway segment
    severity: warning
    problem: Freeways are almost always split into two one-way roads. A two-way segment is probably a mistake.
  • Two-way ramp
    severity: warning
    problem: Most ramps are one-way. A two-way ramp is possible, but should be examined.
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Samsung S23U - Android 13 - Latest Waze Beta
מתנדב מנהל ארצי בדימוס - Israel country manager

Post by levin
Another suggested check: U-turn at roundabout entrance

When a road is entering a roundabout, there must not be a u-turn on the node connecting to the round-about. The driver must make a full round around the roundabout instead of a U-turn just ahead of it.

For example, The marked U-turn should not be allowed:
Capture.PNG
(18.6 KiB) Downloaded 2505 times
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by levin
lg1992 wrote:I suggest disabling the "Less than 3 letters long street name" note for Israel. There are quite a few 2-letters words in Hebrew, and some of them are used for street names. So far I met 3 such names.
That's true, but we also have many old streets with spaces instead of names - a remnant from older days when you could not have empty street names. This check helps to locate these cases, and since it's only a note, you can easily ignore it for the few cases with real two-letter names.

I say we better keep it.
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by levin
Well, as noted by berestovskyy, there actually is a check for names with spaces only.
Can we change the check to be "Streets with only 1 letter in their name" for Israel? - so 2-letters will be OK but 1-letter will still be flagged.
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by lg1992
I suggest disabling the "Less than 3 letters long street name" note for Israel. There are quite a few 2-letters words in Hebrew, and some of them are used for street names. So far I met 3 such names.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel