[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: WME Validator 1.1.4 / 07.11.2014

Postby taco909 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:52 am

SiewMeng98 wrote:The new version of the Validator when used for checking large areas - it stops and we have to press the report button and the play again to continue. Before this we did not need to. Is there any limitations to the number of segments built in or any zoom level where it would work optimally without having 3 or 4 breaks.

It's always been like this... at least since June.

For this reason, I generally don't run it at zoom-0, but it works just fine if you work the report, then continue.

As long as you aren't using Chrome ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: WME Toolbox

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:38 pm

sketch wrote:Toolbox helps to some extent, but having to comb at Zoom 4 to load street type segments takes much, much longer than a Zoom 0 or 1 scan.

It sounds like a fix to Toolbox would be the best. Toolbox should allow the entry of some selection criteria and along with suitably limiting criteria, a scan over a wider area.
dbraughlr

Re: Validation

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 pm

sketch wrote:I don't know of this convention

Regardless, my quote is from the wiki.
Last edited by dbraughlr on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Postby sketch » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:13 pm

dbraughlr wrote:That isn't an explanation of the error. Of what is this a useful check?

Railroads are not currently displayed in the client. That's why editors in some areas started marking railroads as "walking trails", so they'd be displayed in the client. But now we are told by staff that railroads will soon be displayed in the client, so all those -5 walking trails should be changed to railroads. Did I leave some of that out?

As a matter of editor policy, all non-drivable road types (including railroads, runways, boardwalks, stairs, and walking trails) have elevation set to -5 per established convention. -5 indicates that the segment is not to be attached to the drivable roadways "to prevent false system reporting that think the roads should be connected.".

I don't know of this convention, other than with railroads. Perhaps it is not so widespread as you think. In my area, pedestrian boardwalks are marked using normal elevation rules.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby no1ne » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:08 pm

dbraughlr wrote:
sketch wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:Rule Walking Trail elevation = -5 is arbitrary. I did not see where anyone came forward to explain why he cares.

I did, two pages ago. "Some communities have been using Walking Trails at elevation -5 to signify railroads as a matter of editor policy."

That isn't an explanation of the error. Of what is this a useful check?

note an error, a warning or a SLOW
some country used to set railroad as Walking Trail elevation = -5
and An Important Change in the Client Display is to come (soon? :mrgreen:)

dbraughlr wrote:
sketch wrote:I can't fathom any reason an actual walking trail would be set to elevation -5.

As a matter of editor policy, all non-drivable road types (including railroads, runways, boardwalks, stairs, and walking trails) have elevation set to -5 per established convention. -5 indicates that the segment is not to be attached to the drivable roadways "to prevent false system reporting that think the roads should be connected.".
no1ne
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm

sketch wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:Rule Walking Trail elevation = -5 is arbitrary. I did not see where anyone came forward to explain why he cares.

I did, two pages ago. "Some communities have been using Walking Trails at elevation -5 to signify railroads as a matter of editor policy."

That isn't an explanation of the error. Of what is this a useful check?

sketch wrote:I can't fathom any reason an actual walking trail would be set to elevation -5.

dbraughlr

Postby sketch » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm

So while no, it shouldn't be enabled for all regions, there are places where it is a useful check.

I can't fathom any reason an actual walking trail would be set to elevation -5.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:15 am

For US Street name starts with lowercase letter, the only exception is "to".

Too short segment should not apply to terminal segments (those connected at only one end). For one-way freeway/highway/ramp type roads, length must be >= 5 m.

Rule Walking Trail elevation = -5 is arbitrary. I did not see where anyone came forward to explain why he cares.

The validation should be Non-drivable segment junctions with drivable road and apply to any segment of a non-drivable type having an endpoint at a junction with a drivable type. Additional validation of Drivable segment has elevation = -5 could turn up an error somewhere.
dbraughlr

Re: unneded nodes

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Previously, unneeded nodes were reported for those used for change of elevation and road type also. I haven't re-tested.
dbraughlr

Re: traffic circles

Postby qwaletee » Thu May 15, 2014 3:11 pm

dbraughlr wrote:
CBenson wrote:To get the roundabout instruction to work correctly on this roundabout, I had to not have the segments connect at the same point.

I do not consider traffic circles (e.g., Washington Circle to be roundabouts. They are circular roads controlled by traffic lights. In a real roundabout, traffic does not stop and roads do not cross. However, I do somewhat see how instructions to enter and exit the circle could be useful.

The question of roundabout versus traffic circle has been discussed a number of times before. Since Waze doesn't have a separate traffic circle equivalent to roundabout, they are all roundabouts. This is also consistent with user expectations due to users not knowing (and not caring) about the difference between the two, and common experience across other GPS and mapping systems.
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts