Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:52 am

ispyisail wrote:Hi Guys

I would like some help with a custom search.

I'm finding correct abbreviations for street names

Code:
${street}
!/( Rd| St|^$)$|^(State |The )/

Don't find any names ending in "Rd", "St" or "blank" or beginning with "State" or "The"

I would like to change the above search, plus only for

Street
primary street

In another search I would like to be able to search only for

Street
primary street
Ramp
Minor Highway
Major Highway
Freeway

Thanks

I've had a few goes at getting this to work

What stumps me is I only want to inverse one search but not the other?

Code:
!/........./

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:45 pm

crazycaveman wrote:You could try using a negative lookahead. In this case, it would look something like
Code:
${typeRank}:${street}
/1[01]:((?!State |The |$)|(?!.* Rd|.* St)$)/

I think this will work, but haven't had a chance to test it yet

Thanks

Just tested but something is not right :(

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Another user PMed me and suggested

Code:
/!(.......)|(.......)/

But I could get that to work either :(

Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 pm

crazycaveman wrote:I think I might have been making it too complicated... How about this:
Code:
/1[01]:(?!State |The |.* Rd$|.* St$|$)/

I think this may be working, need to do more tests

Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:36 pm

My rule is getting so long that I might need to create a rule generator

Code:
 !/( Row| Point| Hospital| Supermarket| Fall| Brae| Wynd| Mile| Mohr| Dell| One| Trak| Trail| Ramp| Esplanade| Cir| View| Gate| Green| Bvd| Gln| Mews| Gdns| Run| Runway|Unknown Name| Trl| Cl| Gr| Spur| Rise| Cres| Aly| Ave| Blvd| Bikeway| Bnd| Bridge| Busway| Bypass| Chase| Cl| Cove| Cr| Ct| Dr| East| Ent| Exit| Fwy| Gdn| Grn| Grv| Hts| Hwy| Jct| Link| Line| Ln| Lp| Mtwy| Mw| North| Park| Pde| Pl| Pkwy| Prom| Railway| Ri| Rd| South| Sq| St| Tce| Tunnel| Turn| Vw| Vst| Way| West| Xing|^$)$|^(State |Exit to: |The |Exit |Entry )/

I wonder what the max length is?

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:00 am

PesachZ wrote:
ispyisail wrote:My rule is getting so long that I might need to create a rule generator

Code:
 !/( Row| Point| Hospital| Supermarket| Fall| Brae| Wynd| Mile| Mohr| Dell| One| Trak| Trail| Ramp| Esplanade| Cir| View| Gate| Green| Bvd| Gln| Mews| Gdns| Run| Runway|Unknown Name| Trl| Cl| Gr| Spur| Rise| Cres| Aly| Ave| Blvd| Bikeway| Bnd| Bridge| Busway| Bypass| Chase| Cl| Cove| Cr| Ct| Dr| East| Ent| Exit| Fwy| Gdn| Grn| Grv| Hts| Hwy| Jct| Link| Line| Ln| Lp| Mtwy| Mw| North| Park| Pde| Pl| Pkwy| Prom| Railway| Ri| Rd| South| Sq| St| Tce| Tunnel| Turn| Vw| Vst| Way| West| Xing|^$)$|^(State |Exit to: |The |Exit |Entry )/

I wonder what the max length is?

You could use the power of regex to shorten it by reusing certain common letters

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

I have enough trouble with the easy stuff :(

Could you show us an example?

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 am

Thanks Guys working really well

Code:
${typeRank}:${street}

Code:
/(10|11):(?!State |The |.* Glade$|.* Row$|.* Vale$|.* Hill$|.* Point$|.* Hospital$|.* Supermarket$|.* Fall$|.* Brae$|.* Wynd$|.* Mile$|.* Mohr$|.* Dell$|.* One$|.* Trak$|.* Trail$|.* Ramp$|.* Esplanade$|.* Cir$|.* View$|.* Gate$|.* Green$|.* Bvd$|.* Gln$|.* Mews$|.* Gdns$|.* Run$|.* Runway$|.*Unknown Name$|.* Trl$|.* Cl$|.* Gr$|.* Spur$|.* Rise$|.* Cres$|.* Aly$|.* Ave$|.* Blvd$|.* Bikeway$|.* Bnd$|.* Bridge|$.* Busway$|.* Bypass$|.* Chase$|.* Cl$|.* Cove$|.* Cr$|.* Ct$|.* Dr$|.* East$|.* Ent$|.* Exit$|.* Fwy$|.* Gdn$|.* Grn$|.* Grv$|.* Hts$|.* Hwy$|.* Jct$|.* Link$|.* Line$|.* Ln$|.* Lp$|.* Mtwy$|.* Mw$|.* North$|.* Park$|.* Pde$|.* Pl$|.* Pkwy$|.* Prom$|.* Railway$|.* Ri$|.* Rd$|.* South$|.* Sq$|.* St$|.* Tce$|.* Tunnel$|.* Turn$|.* Vw$|.* Vst$|.* Way$|.* West$|.* Xing$|^$|$)/

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks sketch

If I could tick "like" 1000 times I would

Much appreciated

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Code:
/(10|11):(?!State |The |.* (Glade|Row|Vale|Hill|Point|Hospital|Supermarket|Fall|Brae|Wynd|Mile|Mohr|Dell|One|Trak|Trail|Ramp|Esplanade|Cir|View|Gate|Green|Bvd|Gln|Mews|Gdns|Run|Runway|Trl|Cl|Gr|Spur|Rise|Cres|Aly|Ave|Blvd|Bikeway|Bnd|Bridge|Busway|Bypass|Chase|Cl|Cove|Cr|Ct|Dr|East|Ent|Exit|Fwy|Gdn|Grn|Grv|Hts|Hwy|Jct|Link|Line|Ln|Lp|Mtwy|Mw|North|Park|Pde|Pl|Pkwy|Prom|Railway|Ri|Rd|South|Sq|St|Tce|Tunnel|Turn|Vw|Vst|Way|West|Xing)$|.*Unknown Name$|^$|$)/

The best part about this one is it is clean, easy to read, understand and modify

Thanks again

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:18 am

Doing some work with this new rule and it works great!

I'd noticed in NZ with new roads there is a trend to drop road type in the name all together

e.g. Not
Willowridge Rd
Willowridge St

Instead just

Willowridge

Can we make a mod to the rule to exclude any "street name" with no space/s in the middle?

as always, thanks
Post a reply