[Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.3 (BETA) / 24.02.2014

Postby qwaletee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:03 pm

irowiki wrote:
qwaletee wrote:Been wondering... what are the SLOW indicators for. They don't seem to be special errors or warnings, what information does this impart?

According to the script, it takes longer to process the stuff marked with SLOW.

So, basically a hint, if activity is slow for you, consider flipping off the SLOW switch. Which you'll probably never remember to turn back on, but hey, half a validator is better than no validator due to a frustrating user experience.
NYC Metro | Mentor | USA Country Manager | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

dknight212 wrote:Finding Validator so useful for finding newbie mistakes (and some of us old hands too!). This request is a big one and I'm not sure how you would do it without some exception testing. In London we use this type of construction to work the time based operation of our congestion charge. The idea is to make sure the client display shows it as a normal road as the clever stuff is all overlapped (blame iainhouse for this!). Of course Validator flags it up as overlapping - is it possible to prevent these types of segments being raised as issues?

I don't understand why you need to have the overlap. The regular segments on either side can go right up to the diamond. It would result in far easier map editing.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Minor suggestion.

For the no inward/outward connectivity messages, the message is wide enough to get clipped by the narrow width of the side panel. The part that gets clipped is important -- node A or node B. Why not change the order of the wording to:

SLOW: Node X - no xxward connectivity

I realize you can go to hover and see the whole message, but this rewording obviates the need to do so.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.0 (BETA) / 20.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:50 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
pumrum wrote:Street name or alternate street name ends in 'Exd' or any case variant

In the latest 0.9.0 you can use a custom check (Settings->custom):
Template: ${street}
RegExp: / exd$/i

And those names will be immediately highlighted for you.

If we create a dedicated check, I suggest we check at least few incorrect abbreviations, not just Exd.

Like Exn... foud a bunch of those early this month. At least the phonetics were a little better than Exd :)
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.2 (BETA) / 22.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:11 am

I don't get any beeps
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.2 (BETA) / 22.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:41 pm

I've also been seeing issues with elevation. Changing a junction, or maybe the elevation of one segment attached to the junction, seems to drop elevation from all the segments in the junction. This appears to be true even if I select the unexpectedly modified segments -- the standard WME segment properties show blank elevation.

If I have a segment that has directional or reverse connection issues and fix it, after I save, it gets highlighted for elevation out of range, but it wasn't highlighted for that before. (I.e., when I select the segment, it only shows the reverse connection problem, it does not also show an elevation note.) This may simply be a symptom of the above -- until I changed the junction to eliminate the reverse connection, perhaps the segment had a properly assigned elevation, so there was no reason to show an elevation note. Once I saved, and the elevation was lost, then there was a reason to display the issue.

So I'm going to vote for there being a problem with WME killing elevation values right now, or a problem with JNF/toolbox doing it.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: corrupted elevation

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 am

dbraughlr wrote:I have not encountered this bug. Enough people have that it deserves its own thread.

Done.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 pm

robindlc wrote:Hi all,

I did have a really estrange behavior today...

I'm in the office, with a company computer... I had occasionally entered the editor from here, but I didn't have the validator installed.

I received by e-mail a request (with permalink) to enable a turn... I followed the link, which automatically opened the WME and to my surprise loaded also the validator... Is that normal? :roll:

Filter by city does this.

And Validator already has some alt name support -- one of the checks is "Empty alternate street." You can't create this sort of problem anymore, but if a segment is currently set up with an alt city name but no street name, it will ight up.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.4 (BETA) / 30.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm

BellHouse wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:1. No road continuation (for Primary Streets and up)
2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
3. Geometry points are too close (for any drivable road)

1. and 3. seem ok for me.

I don't get the idea behind 2. You want to mark all right/left turns that are disabled (red arrow)? What's so special about a turn of around 90° angle? :?

I think the idea is that while it is common to restrict left turns, it is uncommon to restrict right turns, unless there is a very sharp angle.

In gridlocked areas they are sometimes restricted. Sometime,s they are also restricted if there is a complex traffic pattern with traffic coming form too many directions, or if the street after the turn is very short.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.4 (BETA) / 30.03.2014

Postby qwaletee » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Let me guess, left over from the earlier incarnation that actually made changes?
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts