[Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:55 pm

Waze development and Validator apparently have different definitions of road overlap and sharp angles. Recently Waze has started making available "reports" to RCs, so that we can go through the map and fix them so they don't cause routing issues. I have noticed that Waze uses a stricter definition than Validator, and it would probably be useful to have Validator use the same expectations.
NYC Metro | Mentor | USA Country Manager | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby qwaletee » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Don't forget that WME Toolbox incorporates much of JNF, including the Q functionality, so test this with Toolbx and JNF both off. It will probably work anyway BUT with the side effect of making all junction traversals illegal (all red arrows).

krikketdoug wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:It would appear that Waze has decided that U-Turns and dead-end U-Turns are not going to be editable any more. Personally, I think that's a bad idea at intersections, since how can you indicate where a U-Turn is actually legal to perform for the routing engine? But that's another topic.

Since that seems to now be the case, is there any chance that Validator can be updated to no longer highlight roads with "Unconfirmed turn at node {A|B}" when node {A|B} is a dead end?

I just tested this. You can still make it a hard no u-turn by clicking on the end node and typing "q". This works while running JNF and without JNF installed. (I just tested both cases.) So you just need a keyboard to edit them.

Krikket
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:04 pm

I went straight with "V" unmodified :)

Does the keystroke automatically update? Mine had stayed at Shift-W (interfering with Waze's new Shift-W for closing SV) until I manually changed it. I checked, and I did have 1.0.2.

berestovskyy wrote:04.07.2014 v1.0.2:
- Complete Hebrew translation thanks to gad_m
- Minor UI changes for right-to-left languages (please report any issues)
- Changed keyboard shortcut to 'Alt+V'

+ Two new external translations:
Note: you need to install them along with the main Validator package using Tampermonkey

Super-mega-cool! Thanks guys!
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 pm

The whole U-turn thing has become another source of frustration and confusion... well, I should say, and even greater source, it always was a source. The guidance is ambiguous, the way it works is unclear, the advice seems contradictory, and the implementation of the temporary fix counterintuitive and perhaps counterproductive.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.0 / 29.08.2014

Postby qwaletee » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 am

Gregorygf wrote:I need a Level 5 Map Editor to fix this error. When turning off of Rand Road onto westbound Capri Drive, at the very next intersection with an unnamed road to runs NNW, at that point Capri Drive becomes ONE WAY in the east bound direction. Waze thinks it's a two way street and tries to route me down that street. https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-1.318 ... 597&zoom=0

This is not the place for that post. Please post to the unlock forum instead.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby qwaletee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:37 pm

The reason you get multiple segments types highlighted for /1/ is that it also matches /10/../19/ and /21/. You need to either use a matching separators before/after the template and expression, or use the explicit start/end codes in the expression.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Note that [A-Z][A-Z]* is equivalent to [A-Z]+

* means 0 or more
+ means 1 or more
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:06 pm

The "hard" part of the second one is that we are looking for two things, either a lowercase at the beginning, ro a space and a lowercase anywhere. We can easily fix that by looking for both separately, but a trick is to put a space in front of your template, so that it is as if every name starts with a space.

So, for your first one, all you need is ("template"="regexp"): "${street}"="[A-Z]{2}" which says street name contains any capital letter somewhere followed immediately by any capital letter. It doesn't matter where in the string it occurs, regexp by default looks throughout.

For your second: " ${street}"=" [a-z]" - there is an space after each opening quote. Again, looks anywhere for a space followed by a lowercase, and since in the template we start with a space, that will include if it is at the beginning - Waze doesn't have a space there, but due to the template, t is the same thing.

Now we can combine the two:

" ${street}"="( [a-z])|([A-Z]{2})"

The parentheses make each statement stand by itself without interfering with the other. The bar | says "check for for or the other, either matches." I'm not sure if the parentheses are needed, I don't recall offhand whether the {2} will try to apply itself to the whole thing or not. I think it doesn't, but I'm lazy.

I have not tried any of the above, so I might have messed up somewhere, but give it a whirl.

*Edit: Note that the second expression in the regexp should NOT have a space before it, unless you want to limit reporting to cases where the two caps are the beginning of a word. For example "MaIN St" only matches as a problem if you leave the space out.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:53 am

SuperDuh-ave? DOes that street name meet standards?
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Postby qwaletee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Daniel,

Are you talking about the real-time highlighting, or the "Show report" button?
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts