[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.10 / 05.11.2015

Postby LeighGr » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:27 am

Is the Shift-R keyboard shortcut to toggle the roads layer working for everyone else? If it is, then I've got another program/script grabbing that keystroke.

All the other shortcuts seem to work fine.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:02 am

Just how often do you guys use the tabs? I rarely click on them. When I do need them, and the sidebar is causing it to expanding, making a scroll bar, I just scroll down. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Even on a small screen (which has been my primary screen for years).

[UPDATE]

As for the Me tab. Yes, I was wrong. You had to be on the me tab to be able to see it. However, that was how I liked it. I liked having validator "always on".
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby karlcr9911 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:51 am

Would be much better as a tab IMO. Having it where it currently sits will cause me to no longer use this script. I'm sure better things are to come and this was a quick fix to get this back functional and that is appreciated as I know a ton of editors use this great script.
karlcr9911
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:25 am

Fredo-p wrote:I'm not a fan of having Validator as a tab. I like having it "on". It's faster to clear the map by clicking the X vs to have to un-select a segment, click on a tab, hit the X, then go back to editing.

If anything, the only issue I have is Validator being on the top and only shown when user info is shown.

That's the way it used to be - you'd still have to click a "tab" back before this latest update: The "Me" tab. So how is that any worse in your opinion than having it in its own tab, so you can click on it when you actually need to run a report, etc? Only now, without a "Me" tab that doesn't show too much of anything to put that interface on, it's on all the time and seriously crowds out other plugins which have been tabbed to. Blech.

As a compromise, could we get the option of having Validator as a tab or not?

If that can be done, that would be good, too. Just as long as there's a way to get it off the screen until it's needed, I (and several others, from what I've seen :) ) would be happy.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Rfrsw101 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:53 am

Fredo-p wrote:I'm not a fan of having Validator as a tab. I like having it "on". It's faster to clear the map by clicking the X vs to have to un-select a segment, click on a tab, hit the X, then go back to editing.

If anything, the only issue I have is Validator being on the top and only shown when user info is shown.

Oh, I would definitely say keep it on. Just "out of view" if that makes sense. Like when URO+ option was turned on in:

SuperDave1426 wrote:Yes, this, please give it its own tab. The new heading info is (to me) so obnoxiously large now that I turned on the option in URO+ to suppress it. I didn't even see the new Validator placement until I saw the above messages and turned off that option in URO+. Validator's interface really doesn't need to be in the sidebar at all times, so if it could just be given its own tab like other addons, that would be great! :D
Rfrsw101
State Manager
State Manager

Postby t0cableguy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:50 am

taco909 wrote:
Rfrsw101 wrote:I'm just wondering, is there any way for Validator to be incorporated into a tab? Instead of having it up all the time. Such as [Validator] [Drives] [Area] [Settings]... But thanks for getting it working so quickly after WME changed.

Ditto.
Validator goes away when you use the URO+ option to eliminate the editor sidebar info.

Also toolbox comes with "hide user info" enabled thus making users wonder where validator went.
t0cableguy
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Fredo-p » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:44 am

I'm not a fan of having Validator as a tab. I like having it "on". It's faster to clear the map by clicking the X vs to have to un-select a segment, click on a tab, hit the X, then go back to editing.

Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:46 am

taco909 wrote:
Rfrsw101 wrote:I'm just wondering, is there any way for Validator to be incorporated into a tab? Instead of having it up all the time. Such as [Validator] [Drives] [Area] [Settings]... But thanks for getting it working so quickly after WME changed.

Ditto.
Validator goes away when you use the URO+ option to eliminate the editor sidebar info.

Yes, this, please give it its own tab. The new heading info is (to me) so obnoxiously large now that I turned on the option in URO+ to suppress it. I didn't even see the new Validator placement until I saw the above messages and turned off that option in URO+. Validator's interface really doesn't need to be in the sidebar at all times, so if it could just be given its own tab like other addons, that would be great! :D

Thanks for getting it working again!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby taco909 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Ditto.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby Rfrsw101 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm just wondering, is there any way for Validator to be incorporated into a tab? Instead of having it up all the time. Such as [Validator] [Drives] [Area] [Settings]... But thanks for getting it working so quickly after WME changed.
Rfrsw101
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts