[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 am

Before we do that, let's be sure we understand the turn issue. I saw a bunch of those errors flagged in CA. They were mostly at Bowtie intersections for the U-turns. I told Jemay I did not want to go through 500 bowties to tweak the angles if the route will still allow a car to do a U-turn there. I know a road would not generally allow a car to turn such a harsh angle, but when you are at a stop and doing a U-turn in an intersection you are going 3 miles per hour and you can do any angle.

Besides most of the bowtie intersections will be replaced by junction boxes (soon ;) ) so we should not be touching those intersections twice if not necessary.

Therefore we need to find out if those flagged issues were problems under general conditions vs. the routing server will NOT route through that harsh an angle.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: New thoughts

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:53 pm

krikketdoug wrote:
sketch wrote:I'm not sure how much of the rules support this, exactly. Railroads are to be set at -5, certainly, as are Walking Trails (if mapped at all), I believe, but a Pedestrian Boardwalk shouldn't always, necessarily. I think a lot of these rules are in flux.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere on the Wiki that all non-drivable roads should be -5 (except airline runways, which should be a 9) but that might just be a local agreement.

I could not find that detail in the primary Wiki page on Runways:
Main Wiki Page on Runways wrote:For aircraft at airports. Where a street also serves as a taxiway (such as in a community with through-the-fence access) map the street as a street. No drivable road should connect to or cross over any runway. A road may cross under a runway.
Each runway may be mapped as a single segment for identification purposes and locked to prevent lower ranking editors from attaching a road to the runway. Do not form junctions where runways cross. Name each runway using the FAA airport identifier, the word runway, and the runway designations with the lower number first (e.g., "KSMF Runway 16R-34L".)

PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: New thoughts

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm

sketch wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:Validator and Toolbox both believe this segment should be straightened, but in my opinion is pulls the road a little too far off the actual road since it curves. It seems like it might be a little too aggressive in what they are both considering is a straight enough line.

The Validator-Toolbox highlights are pulled straight from Toolbox -- in other words, Validator is just reporting what Toolbox reports in its reports -- so only Toolbox's selection criteria will affect this (but I agree that Toolbox is too aggressive in this function).

Thanks. I will move my comment to that thread.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:18 am

Validator and Toolbox both believe this segment should be straightened, but in my opinion is pulls the road a little too far off the actual road since it curves. It seems like it might be a little too aggressive in what they are both considering is a straight enough line.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:58 pm

I updated the Wiki page to reflect the new Firefox download links.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.6 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:48 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Kent, it's always available under Settings->About->Available checks. If you click it over the US, Validator will show enabled/disabled checks for US. And I just added a red link to the OP ;)

- New for US #106 'No state name selected'

Great and Greater! :D

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: City Smudges

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 am

davielde wrote:Kent, you're actually the person that I eventually wanted to touch base with because it looks like there was a wiki update from mid-February that listed out the options under "Need assistance from the Waze team" with no guidance on what each option would do based on people's experience with using the form. I know that there is a dead thread in the Wiki Updates forum discussing smudges to some extent, but perhaps we can create a page update thread specifically for the smudge city and continue discussion there, or you could forgive me for resurrecting the old one? The wiki really needs to provide more insight into name versus english name, explain how Waze-provided cities have english names while editor-created ones do not, and a few other things.

I have no problem bringing up the Smudge thread in the Wiki if it is a continuation of the same or similar discussion. I personally would prefer to have single threads on a single page/topic in the Wiki to better track any prior related decisions for that same page.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.5 (BETA) / 07.04.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:12 am

I have been working on smudged cities and found that a big source of the problems come from segments in the US that somehow have no state entered in the state name field. I don't think you can create a segment and not have a state entry, so somehow these segments get past the editor somewhere along the line.

When present they create a new city entry because that segment does not match the other segments around them. Once they are identified you simply update the segment state name. I am currently running a test in https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=251&t=81200 to track when the city layer gets corrected without posting the entries in the city smudge form. It may turn out they will not get updated ever without using the form.

I propose the validator identify these segments without a state. Further we can recommend posting that segment permalink in the smudged city form if my test results find no other solution.

Here is a segment with no state that you can test against.

Also, I searched the first post in this thread, but did not find the link to the Complete Search list. Can this link be added to the OP for simpler locating, or is there some reason we are hiding it on entry 50+ in this thread?

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 am

sketch wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Maybe just edit it to redirect to the Junction Style Guide page?

Not without adding some of the content to the Junction Style Guide. I'm only now noticing that the Guide doesn't actually include guidance on split-road intersections besides the bowtie. The section should be renamed more generally, and the information in the "classification" article should be modified for inclusion into that section of the JSG. I'd also want to contact fvwazing and ask if the classification names are actually used in any context before removing them from the Wiki.

I'm short on time today, otherwise I'd make a Wiki update thread about it. If you want to do that so we can stop hijacking this thread about it, that'd be cool, and I'll get to it when I can (hopefully tomorrow). If not, I'll do so when I have the chance.

Wiki Thread Started...

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: street name not capitalized

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 pm

dbraughlr wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:I saw a discrepancy between your two statements that I could not identify the correct solution.

Are you now satisfied that there is no discrepancy between my statements?
"La Cruz" gets capitalized for the same reason that "Las Cruces" is capitalized.

drbauglr, just to clarify, "your two statements" was between you and berestovskyy. They were in disagreement from what I read and summarized here.
berestovskyy's message said "la" is allowed.
dbraughlr's message said "la" is not allowed.

Maybe the problem is berestovskyy's message was for all countries and yours was only for the USA?

But if that is the case, in California we have plenty of Spanish roads, so if "la" and "de" are allowed in other countries, why not allow it in the US? Again if there was already a thread on this I could not find it but would be happy to review to better understand if this was already discussed.
dbraughlr wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:I did not see the official list linked to what letters are supposed to be allowed in each country.

Exceptions for the USA:
  • closed
  • construction
  • to

Thanks for the list. Is this list agreed by the whole USA community? I am not questioning your accuracy, I just did not find the thread that discussed it. I wanted to link the Wiki page to the discussion thread to prevent future questions that may debate the list.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts