[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: City Smudges

Postby davielde » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:12 am

kentsmith9 wrote:When present they create a new city entry because that segment does not match the other segments around them. Once they are identified you simply update the segment state name. I am currently running a test in https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=251&t=81200 to track when the city layer gets corrected without posting the entries in the city smudge form. It may turn out they will not get updated ever without using the form.

The "no state" smudge would be an easy check because Validator would only need to look for a stateID of 1. Not all smudges are due to the no state issue though. I corrected "F, Michigan" a few weeks ago; and the combination of "Canton, MI", "Canton Township, MI", "Canton Township (no state)", and "Canton Twp, MI" was a fun exercise too.

In short, true editor-created smudges can always be removed without using the form (if you're impatient or it only affects a small number of segments). Changes to Waze-provided city polygons require you to use the form though. While mass editing is obviously discouraged as noted in the wiki, you can make a smudge or any legitimate editor-created city disappear by changing the city name in WME or making it No City, and a regular tile update takes care of it. You could mark all segments and objects associated with a Waze-provided city as "No City" or something else, and it would never update the city unless you use the smudged city form.

I've been doing some detailed research with some examples in Michigan after GizmoGuy411 had me look at an issue remaining after a name change using the city smudge form. The "name" changed, but the "English name" did not, which created an issue where--from a WME display standpoint--there are two neighboring "Addison, Michigan" options that are completely identical. The only way to tell the difference is using Colour Highlights or looking at the JSON response from the web request. Right now, my thoughts are still fairly haphazard and stream of consciousness, but I was eventually hoping to post soon with that and a few other smudge-related items.

Kent, you're actually the person that I eventually wanted to touch base with because it looks like there was a wiki update from mid-February that listed out the options under "Need assistance from the Waze team" with no guidance on what each option would do based on people's experience with using the form. I know that there is a dead thread in the Wiki Updates forum discussing smudges to some extent, but perhaps we can create a page update thread specifically for the smudge city and continue discussion there, or you could forgive me for resurrecting the old one? The wiki really needs to provide more insight into name versus english name, explain how Waze-provided cities have english names while editor-created ones do not, and a few other things.
davielde

Re: bowtie U-turns

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

sketch wrote:There is no reason whatsoever to use a bowtie where U turns are allowed.

Occasionally only one U-turn is permitted.
dbraughlr

Re: alternate street + city

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Any ideas?

String them together using delimiters, e.g. name + '\t' + city + '\n'.
dbraughlr

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.9 / 05.11.2015

Postby berestovskyy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanks guys for your patience. The script is updated.
berestovskyy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Postby tango259 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 pm

***TO EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH VALIDATOR AFTER THE WME UPDATE***

Due to the recent update to the Waze Map Editor, many scripts and plugins are not functioning properly. This includes Validator. At this time, all we can do is WAIT for the developers to adjust the code to work with the new UI and backend updates that were done on Waze's side. As editors, we have nothing we can do to make it work.

My Suggestions:
-Go to your extensions list in Chrome each day and click "Update extensions now".
-If you have scripts installed as well, whether they're related to Validator or not, update them within Tampermonkey (or whatever script extension you're running).

Just because Validator is not working right now, DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T EDIT. I see too many editors (more so the new editors) rely too much on Validator for getting edits to increase rank. It's true, Validator helps with that. But it's not the only way. Take this time to clean up your areas, work on URs, do interchange scrubs, etc. The developers of Validator are working hard to get this awesome plugin working again! Let's give them the time they need

If any new editors have questions on what they can do to keep getting edits, please PM me! Cheers!
tango259

Postby nzahn1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:39 pm

WME Highlighter is responsible for the red-road highlight.
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SpencerFG » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:05 pm

SpencerFG wrote:
voludu2 wrote:
taco909 wrote:Validator does seem to be functioning inasmuch as it is highlighting the segments.
I'm seeing thick, bright red roads, and I'm seeing yellow highlights on segment pairs that share the same endpoints.

Toolbox "same connection segments". And the red-road highlight is either toolbox or color highlighter. I can never remember which.

I'll look again. I couldn't find the control panel but I was looking at a clean part of the map so it wouldn't find anything to highlight. I'll check on it again . . .

No, it's not highlighting for me. I drew a stray road in the woods and Validator didn't point it out.
SpencerFG

Postby SpencerFG » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:01 pm

voludu2 wrote:
taco909 wrote:Validator does seem to be functioning inasmuch as it is highlighting the segments.
I'm seeing thick, bright red roads, and I'm seeing yellow highlights on segment pairs that share the same endpoints.

Toolbox "same connection segments". And the red-road highlight is either toolbox or color highlighter. I can never remember which.

I'll look again. I couldn't find the control panel but I was looking at a clean part of the map so it wouldn't find anything to highlight. I'll check on it again . . .
SpencerFG

Postby voludu2 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:57 pm

voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby GFM_Danny » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:59 pm

SpencerFG wrote:I have found that Validator has stopped working with Chrome after the WME update. Is there something I need to do to make it work or is an update required?

Yes, i have the same problem, ita not working with the new WME interdace, hope there will soon a new.update od validator. It helps much eduting segmen.
GFM_Danny
500K edits
500K edits

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts