[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby jdelosa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Please copy and add this post to every post that is added from now on so that it will remain as the last post.......

All,

Many are not reading the thread and posting asking why it isn't working and what they can do. Validator's time-bomb went off (it was hard coded to die on a certain day) and it no longer functions. Due to no one other than the original author having the code, and him being basically unreachable, Validator is dead. It was a great, versatile script that was a must have for all editors and it is a shame it wasn't passed along so others could maintain.

When Validator started failing the last time (due to WME changes removing some funcationality and necessitated the ValFix script) work began on a replacement. dbcm has been hard at work creating WME Magic.

Many of the base checks that Validator performs are duplicated in Magic at this point, but it is not a full fledged replacement yet (some of the localization ability is still being worked on and other things), but it is also more than Validator (some ability to auto fix problems, checking Places as well as Segments, Changelog, enhanced MTE handling, etc.).

Moving forward, Magic will be developed to replace Validator checks and enhance working in WME. Magic will also not be held by only one person - dbcm and myself are both working on this and can bring in others as needed or if one of us decides to step away from maintaining the script. This will help ensure that this very necessary functionality does not get lost in the future since it is so valuable to maintaining the map.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
JD, Brooklyn, NYC Area Manager, New York SM, NOR MSM,
Member of the NYC Closure Team

WazeNewYork@GMail.com Subject Attn: JDeLosa
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby jdelosa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Very Interesting!
JD, Brooklyn, NYC Area Manager, New York SM, NOR MSM,
Member of the NYC Closure Team

WazeNewYork@GMail.com Subject Attn: JDeLosa
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Postby jdtech4u » Thu May 26, 2016 3:41 am

I am unable to get validator to function properly in Chrome since the WME update this week. I can't seem to get it to load and I am not very familiar with scripts and extensions to diagnose the problem. I never get the Validator in the Left Hand Pane anymore. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no change. I really miss all the highlighted information that it provides. Do you have any suggestions?
Ike
JDTech4U
Northwestern Pennsylvania
jdtech4u
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Jefresongil » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:54 am

After reformatting and reinstalling all programs and scripts, I realized the Validator Version. 1.1.20 reports an error message every time WME is reopened and does not activate this script.

The message I received was regarding the license to use the script

Navigator Chrome
OS Ubuntu 16.04

an important notification. Using the Beta Editor this problem not occur but also not was present
Jefresongil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.5.6 (BETA) / 29.01.2014

Postby jemay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks.... I found something that looks normal.
[ img ]

But if look closer the North/South segments connect but not to the East/West segments.
[ img ]

So I want to say thanks for the tool!!! The Blue highlight is what caught my eye for the three segments...
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Samsung Galaxy S8+ - Android 8.0 - Verizon
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.3 (BETA) / 24.02.2014

Postby jemay » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:22 pm

bz2012 wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat=29.76326&lon=-95.37197&mapUpdateRequest=3404412&env=usa&layers=1925&segments=47698044

Validator flags the segment with a 'turn too sharp' at the north end when that end has the restricted turn (yellow) 24/7, but passes it when the turn is forbidden (red).

I am not sure this behavior is bad, but it seemed a bit strange.

Why set it as TBTR (24/7) when it should be just a red arrow?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby jemay » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:00 am

Taco909 wrote:I've been using the one-way segment to make private driveways on gated communities exit-only. It avoids routing non-residents into the closed gate, once inside, the gates typically open automatically to allow exit, and residents with an opener or code will know they can use the gate and can ignore Waze directing them to the guard shack.
Note: Having the one way and when the resident ignore Waze and travels on the one-way (the wrong way) it will generate a MP. So a different solution is needed. - Lets talk about this issue in another thread... or PM... Thanks

jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby jemay » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:04 am

Both are correct... I don't remember reading anything that one way is better over the other, so Validator should be able to handle both.

The resolve this question which is better should be taken to a new thread.

5m One way vs Red Arrow Restriction?
Note: Q? Which has a higher penalty that Waze puts on wrong way on one-way vs through a Red Arrow?

jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby jm6087 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:45 pm

It appears there was another WME update overnight. Validator is not showing up anymore :cry:
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby jm6087 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Outstanding, thanks for keeping us Cranky editors happy :D
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts