[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 pm

dbcm wrote:In the case you are using WME Validator through Tampermonkey, here is a fix.

https://github.com/dbcm/waze#valfix-tm-plugin

Awesome job!
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Guys - we do not have the code for validator in order to truly fix it, we are trying to apply patches to get it working. We very well might not be able to get it working correctly. We are doing our best to keep putting on bandaids but at some point you need surgery...which we cannot do.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Fish1552 wrote:If you go to the Greasyfork page, it shows it was updated 3 days ago to v1.1.21. Extension version shows 1.1.20. Script version shows 1.1.21.
The pop-up message still remains however.

That is not the official script, it is a fork someone made to automatically load the validator fix script as well.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 pm

All,

Many are not reading the thread and posting asking why it isn't working and what they can do. Validator's time-bomb went off (it was hard coded to die on a certain day) and it no longer functions. Due to no one other than the original author having the code, and him being basically unreachable, Validator is dead. It was a great, versatile script that was a must have for all editors and it is a shame it wasn't passed along so others could maintain.

When Validator started failing the last time (due to WME changes removing some funcationality and necessitated the ValFix script) work began on a replacement. dbcm has been hard at work creating WME Magic.

Many of the base checks that Validator performs are duplicated in Magic at this point, but it is not a full fledged replacement yet (some of the localization ability is still being worked on and other things), but it is also more than Validator (some ability to auto fix problems, checking Places as well as Segments, Changelog, enhanced MTE handling, etc.).

Moving forward, Magic will be developed to replace Validator checks and enhance working in WME. Magic will also not be held by only one person - dbcm and myself are both working on this and can bring in others as needed or if one of us decides to step away from maintaining the script. This will help ensure that this very necessary functionality does not get lost in the future since it is so valuable to maintaining the map.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Patience :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 2018.07.18 (BETA)

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Olestas wrote:Please remove highlighting of https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,302198285, since it is not a problem anymore.

These aren't highlighted for me. What does Validator say is the problem? Do you have a localization script installed that is configured to flag these?
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 2018.07.18 (BETA)

Postby JustinS83 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:41 pm

juliansean wrote:Thank you so much for bring it back! I was wondering if you have localization for Texas yet? I am obviously not looking in the correct spot if you do. Thanks again!

This is not set up in the main script, the localizations are set up by other editors.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 2018.08.01 (BETA)

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:10 pm

jangliss wrote:
turbomkt wrote:
Olestas wrote:No more GF version? Only market?

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1571-wme-validator

I get an error that reports the script has been deleted with that link. Is it correct? I did some quick searching on GF and found https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/370783-wme-validator which appears to be the right one, but I'd rather the author(s) update the link, and correct the front page as well.

Cheers!

Validator was deleted by GF because it is obfuscated and minified. We will be moving to hosting it from GitHub - we knew this was going to be an issue with GF and had planned on this already - just not quite this soon :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 2018.08.28 (BETA)

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:51 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Hi guys,
Two days ago my third child was born, so I am not able to develop Validator at the moment. David has a surgery, so he is also AFK. Justin is too busy with other scrips...

Validator is Open Source, i.e. it belongs to everyone now. Anyone can take the source code and lead the development the way they want, implement the functionality they want or fix the most annoying bug:
https://github.com/WMEValidator/

If you would like to try or know someone who might be interested, please feel free to contact me by email, PM or directly here in the forum. There are lots of fun stuff inside and around the Validator, there is something to learn for whatever your current level is.

I will answer all the question: from which IDE to use, how to use git or what is a getter in JavaScript. I will also help with code review and release engineering.

Please share this info to whatever group/messenger you feel appropriate.

Thanks in advance,
Andriy

Congrats Andriy!!

I'm going to try and start working on adding/fixing checks in Validator after I finish my current script project (enhancing a script where the author went inactive...so it's taking a while due to having to get used to other people's code). I can't make promises about troubleshooting the scanning/reporting module but I will try to improve the checks the script makes.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 2018.11.10 (BETA)

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 am

dougp01 wrote:Does the validator include wrong state?

I am working in an area of NW Montana and finding some old problems with roads marked as Idaho. And yet the validator seems to miss these.

Thanks!

It does with most state localization scripts
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts