[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 2018.11.10 (BETA)

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:15 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Hi guys,
Sorry, it seems I don't have editable areas anymore :lol:

Just to make sure. Could you please confirm it's Validator by:
1. Disabling all the scripts
2. Checking if WME works fine
3. Then by enabling just Validator
4. And confirming WME does not work anymore?

Thanks in advance!

It is validator - they removed the isRoutable method on segments. I was going to look into adding it back into Validator but I haven't had time today D: If you want to re-implement it is just basically:

Code: Select all
function isRoutable(segType){
dim routeableRoadTypes = [1,2,7,6,3];
return routeableRoadTypes.includes(segType);
}
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Postby K-L-B » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:33 pm

I have one :)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=83046199

PesachZ wrote:
nidnarb wrote:Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you have any permalinks for these roads, should they really have a period in the name? This is a check which is specific to USA and checks that names are in accordance with our recommended abbreviations.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby K-L-B » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:07 am

A couple of things first...
1) I've not read all 175 pages of this thread
2) From what I _have_ read, people (myself included) want validator on a tab
3) Also, from what I gather... Validator not being on a tab seems to stem from the author just not getting a round tuit.
4) The author has requested (and gone to pretty decent lengths to ensure) that his work not be modified

With those things in mind, I offer this: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18732 ... ehavinator

It was hacked together in an hour or so, and I offer no warranties, but it seems to work on the most recent Firefox and Chrome.

If it installs BSD on your toaster and turns it in to a decepticon... don't blame me.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby K-L-B » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:43 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by 'interfere' with other scripts?

This script should move validator from the position above the tabs on to a single tab... if you've selected another tab, you shouldn't see validator at all.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby K-L-B » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:01 pm

After talking to you on slack, I realize what you're talking about. I was doing something stupid, heh.

The script has been updated and should work even if you had the "on the bottom" checkbox checked.

I also want to re-stress... my script makes no modification to Validator. It simply adjusts the DOM after Validator has loaded.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby K-L-B » Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:
taco909 wrote:WME_Behavinator will move it to a separate tab.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18732 ... ehavinator

Which is awesome, and I installed it the day it was announced since I really dislike the lack of a native tab option in Validator. However, there's something that's clearly not working right with Validator itself regarding the new version of WME, as others have suggested. Whatever it is seems to be keeping Behavinator from recognizing that it's there - I have no tab showing for Validator at all at this moment.

Creating a separate topic for WME_Behavinator support might not be a bad idea, if it hasn't already happened. :-)

The bootstrap for behavinator just hangs around waiting to see that validator is loaded. It won't even draw itself until it sees that.

I was able to get validator back after making sure that both the WME Hardhats and the SE Region validation scripts were loaded. I also sacrificed my neighbor's cat... so I'm not sure which one made the magic happen.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Postby kahlcolimon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 am

After the last update WME, the tool was overlapping with other text boxes on the left pane but with the new update has already been corrected. Thank you.
Kahl Colimon
Waze Colombia Coordinator/MTE Marshall
Waze Local Champ Mentor/Country Manager
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kahlcolimon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:58 am

lg1992 wrote:URL of WME beta was changed from https://editor-beta.waze.com/editor to https://beta.waze.com/editor and that broke the script.

And not only this. Almost all the scripts are broken.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Kahl Colimon

kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kahlcolimon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:32 pm

bz2012 wrote:Encountered a weird problem today. It turned out that there were two nodes at exactly the same location.

Because of this coincidence, there was an intersection that visually appeared correct (no red arrow in the forward direction, but no traffic was being routed through that intersection because the apparent 'best continuation' had no connection.

Validator didn't flag for lack of connection because there was a connection to the node, it just wasn't useful because it was a 'one way' crossover that was actually the wrong direction.

I wonder if Validator could flag situations where two nodes were 'stacked' on top of each other.

I doubt it happens often but it sure was a puzzle. Another editor checked and commented that the nodes had exactly the same coordinates so they were probably created by some bug.

Again: 4 segments appeared to be connected at a single node, but there were only two pairs connected and no routing continuity for a major road, so drivers were being routed off, to make a 'u-turn' and then back on to continue on the other side of the discontinuity. No flags from Validator were showing.

There was one 'clue' There were no 'green arrows' where there should have been.
The problem became clear when the node was moved a bit.

I believe this problem is more common than desired. I also found this problem and very frequently. Validator is a script and no direct competition from waze. However if waze can do something would be welcome.
Kahl Colimon

kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kahlcolimon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Colombia is a country that manage departments (states do not exist). We have the same problem and we hope will be resolved soon.
Kahl Colimon

kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts