Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by JustinS83
Olestas wrote:Please remove highlighting of https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,302198285, since it is not a problem anymore.
These aren't highlighted for me. What does Validator say is the problem? Do you have a localization script installed that is configured to flag these?
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:Thank you so much for bring it back! I was wondering if you have localization for Texas yet? I am obviously not looking in the correct spot if you do. Thanks again!
This is not set up in the main script, the localizations are set up by other editors.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jangliss wrote:
turbomkt wrote:
Olestas wrote:No more GF version? Only market?
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1571-wme-validator
I get an error that reports the script has been deleted with that link. Is it correct? I did some quick searching on GF and found https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/370783-wme-validator which appears to be the right one, but I'd rather the author(s) update the link, and correct the front page as well.

Cheers!
Validator was deleted by GF because it is obfuscated and minified. We will be moving to hosting it from GitHub - we knew this was going to be an issue with GF and had planned on this already - just not quite this soon :)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
berestovskyy wrote:Hi guys,
Two days ago my third child was born, so I am not able to develop Validator at the moment. David has a surgery, so he is also AFK. Justin is too busy with other scrips...

Validator is Open Source, i.e. it belongs to everyone now. Anyone can take the source code and lead the development the way they want, implement the functionality they want or fix the most annoying bug:
https://github.com/WMEValidator/

If you would like to try or know someone who might be interested, please feel free to contact me by email, PM or directly here in the forum. There are lots of fun stuff inside and around the Validator, there is something to learn for whatever your current level is.

I will answer all the question: from which IDE to use, how to use git or what is a getter in JavaScript. I will also help with code review and release engineering.

Please share this info to whatever group/messenger you feel appropriate.

Thanks in advance,
Andriy
Congrats Andriy!!

I'm going to try and start working on adding/fixing checks in Validator after I finish my current script project (enhancing a script where the author went inactive...so it's taking a while due to having to get used to other people's code). I can't make promises about troubleshooting the scanning/reporting module but I will try to improve the checks the script makes.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
dougp01 wrote:Does the validator include wrong state?

I am working in an area of NW Montana and finding some old problems with roads marked as Idaho. And yet the validator seems to miss these.

Thanks!
It does with most state localization scripts
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
berestovskyy wrote:Hi guys,
Sorry, it seems I don't have editable areas anymore :lol:

Just to make sure. Could you please confirm it's Validator by:
1. Disabling all the scripts
2. Checking if WME works fine
3. Then by enabling just Validator
4. And confirming WME does not work anymore?

Thanks in advance!
It is validator - they removed the isRoutable method on segments. I was going to look into adding it back into Validator but I haven't had time today D: If you want to re-implement it is just basically:

Code: Select all

function isRoutable(segType){
dim routeableRoadTypes = [1,2,7,6,3];
return routeableRoadTypes.includes(segType);
}
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by K-L-B
I have one :)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=83046199

PesachZ wrote:
nidnarb wrote:Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Do you have any permalinks for these roads, should they really have a period in the name? This is a check which is specific to USA and checks that names are in accordance with our recommended abbreviations.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by K-L-B
A couple of things first...
1) I've not read all 175 pages of this thread
2) From what I _have_ read, people (myself included) want validator on a tab
3) Also, from what I gather... Validator not being on a tab seems to stem from the author just not getting a round tuit.
4) The author has requested (and gone to pretty decent lengths to ensure) that his work not be modified

With those things in mind, I offer this: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18732 ... ehavinator

It was hacked together in an hour or so, and I offer no warranties, but it seems to work on the most recent Firefox and Chrome.

If it installs BSD on your toaster and turns it in to a decepticon... don't blame me.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by K-L-B
I'm not sure what you mean by 'interfere' with other scripts?

This script should move validator from the position above the tabs on to a single tab... if you've selected another tab, you shouldn't see validator at all.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message