[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: New thoughts

Postby krikketdoug » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:28 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
krikketdoug wrote:1> Walking trails and other non-drivable road types that have a elevation of something other than -5 be flagged.

You can use a custom check in Validator for that:
template: ${typeRank}:${elevation}
regexp: /^5:(?!-5)/

By chance is this one of those features linked to editor rank? I've looked about my system and haven't been able to find a way to do this.

berestovskyy wrote:But in fact at the moment Validator does the opposite. In some countries it highlights walking trails with elevation -5 (check #105).

For the first time I ran across a road that needed to be added, where I had to worry about elevation. Long story short, I double checked the wiki. Aside from the link I believe was previously referenced, https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_types/U ... .2FTaxiway (and yes, that is US specific) I also found: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Elevation#Road_elevation

The reason I mention it here is because (I believe) the effort is to get this wonderful extension to match the Wiki. I have no clue how the ROW uses elevation, but since this might be relavent, I thought I'd point it out in an attempt to be helpful. Hopefully I succeeded. :) If I didn't, please accept my apologies.
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

[ img ][ img ]
Chicago Speed and Traffic Cameras
https://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/traffic/
krikketdoug

Saint versus Street

Postby krikketdoug » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:42 pm

An idea for another invalid street name check, that might be workable...

I was out on a drive and I heard a couple of times at different streets, "Turn right on Street Charles Road". Kind of obvious what the problem was when I thought about it. St. is the abbreviation for Saint and Street.

Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?

Just a thought.
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

[ img ][ img ]
krikketdoug

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.1 / 25.06.2014

Postby krikketdoug » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 am

sketch wrote:This discussion has happened so many times. It's a problem. Go find it on the rest of the forum if you aren't convinced yet. There's no need to do it again.

Then let me give an answer that fixes the problem.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Style_Guide#Loops (Edited to add the following: Look under Loop Save Errors)

Fortunately for me Junction Node Fixer (JNF) still works, so it simplifies this process a lot. Click on the double-node, hit q, and the new node appears. Add one more node, and the problem goes away. By hitting q, yes, you get about 15 edits. Look at the guide for the reason why.

Hope this helps!

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

[ img ][ img ]
krikketdoug

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby krikketdoug » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:44 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:It would appear that Waze has decided that U-Turns and dead-end U-Turns are not going to be editable any more. Personally, I think that's a bad idea at intersections, since how can you indicate where a U-Turn is actually legal to perform for the routing engine? But that's another topic.

Since that seems to now be the case, is there any chance that Validator can be updated to no longer highlight roads with "Unconfirmed turn at node {A|B}" when node {A|B} is a dead end?

I just tested this. You can still make it a hard no u-turn by clicking on the end node and typing "q". This works while running JNF and without JNF installed. (I just tested both cases.) So you just need a keyboard to edit them.

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

[ img ][ img ]
krikketdoug

Postby krikketdoug » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:54 am

I don't know. I'm running a non-standard system (Mageia Linux, Chrome (not native to Mageia), plus the plug-ins.) Try it after telling Chrome to disable the extension and reload the page? Maybe instead of a q-w for a junction, use a w-q?

Just random thoughts... [Edited to add the comment that if something doesn't work, you can always undo it!]

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

[ img ][ img ]
krikketdoug

Postby krikketdoug » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 am

qwaletee wrote:Don't forget that WME Toolbox incorporates much of JNF, including the Q functionality, so test this with Toolbx and JNF both off. It will probably work anyway BUT with the side effect of making all junction traversals illegal (all red arrows).

For what it's worth, I keep Toolbox turned off almost always because I've found (and had it confirmed on the forums) that it interacts badly with URO+ after a bit of time. If I need it for a specific function, I'll turn it on, and then shut it off again.

So the use of exensions may also play a part...

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

[ img ][ img ]
krikketdoug

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.10 / 05.11.2015

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:38 am

It definitely gets my vote for its own tab. The Me tab was fine in previous WME releases, as there was nothing else on it.
In its current state, it clutters the screen and introduces double scroll bars for tab content that can fit on one screen.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[ img ]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.14 / 17.11.2015

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:36 am

I already have tabs expanding on to a second line, and that is far less distracting than anything pushing all other tab lines halfway down the screen.
If it is contained in its own tab, it should be fairly future proof and not break as easy when WME devs decide to remove or rename an existing tab again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[ img ]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.11 / 11.11.2015

Postby KuniaKid » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:22 pm

Hawaiian city and street names use diacritical marks that are flagged in Validator, specifically the apostrophe. We get UR's that request that we match the signage. I haven't found any guidelines in this matter, so I add the mark. Is there a way to switch off the check for this in Validator?

Hawaii State Managers are in discussion as to using complete diacritical marks for all names. There is quite a movement here for making all things PC.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.14 / 17.11.2015

Postby KuniaKid » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 pm

I've installed crazycaveman's Hawaii localization and it's flagging "Loop", that it should be "LOOP". I can't find Wiki confirmation for that. Is there one? And if not, how do I edit localization to reflect?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts