[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.10 / 05.11.2015

Postby Rfrsw101 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:53 am

Fredo-p wrote:I'm not a fan of having Validator as a tab. I like having it "on". It's faster to clear the map by clicking the X vs to have to un-select a segment, click on a tab, hit the X, then go back to editing.

If anything, the only issue I have is Validator being on the top and only shown when user info is shown.

As a compromise, could we get the option of having Validator as a tab or not?

Oh, I would definitely say keep it on. Just "out of view" if that makes sense. Like when URO+ option was turned on in:

SuperDave1426 wrote:Yes, this, please give it its own tab. The new heading info is (to me) so obnoxiously large now that I turned on the option in URO+ to suppress it. I didn't even see the new Validator placement until I saw the above messages and turned off that option in URO+. Validator's interface really doesn't need to be in the sidebar at all times, so if it could just be given its own tab like other addons, that would be great! :D
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]

MSM NOR; MTE Marshall; NYC Closure Team
Rfrsw101
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby Rfrsw101 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Seems like many are in agreement with a tab for Validator :)

Poncewattle wrote:Validator is flagging Brg as invalid street name, but it's listed in TTS table as valid for bridge

Bridge = Br, no longer Brg for the Jane voice; It's confusing because there are two pages, and they have not been merged yet:

New USA Jane Page

These following abbreviations (refer to New USA Jane Page):

whatnt wrote:v 1.1.10 is flagging "Expy" as an incorrectly abbreviated street name.

--> Expressway = Expy is a tested and valid TTS pronunciation, but not on the Jane page.

whatnt wrote:Another apparent incorrect flagging: "Int'l", though Jane TTS does say "international".

--> International = Int'l = Intl are on the Jane page, but have not been fully tested (no checkmark).

Rfrsw101
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby Rfrsw101 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:31 pm

whatnt wrote:
Everything on that table has been tested and is recommended. The lack of a check mark means it is not US Only.

Good catch, wasn't paying attention when I quickly scrolled the page. Then that question of yours, I have no answer for :D

Rfrsw101
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.13 / 16.11.2015

Postby Rfrsw101 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:21 am

Thank you awesome devs! #Atthebottom option!!!

Rfrsw101
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.2 (BETA) / 22.03.2014

Postby rgatland » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:37 pm

I have had this problem too. I make an edit, and after the save, the elevation is nulled out. I have noticed it enough that I have been checking the elevation before saves, and they are set properly, but then they null out.
rgatland

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby RichardPyne » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:12 am

mrbig2015 wrote:I like validator. it never works anymore and I'M a L-2 and without it makes it hard for I do not get this YE Noot go back to the last time it was working so we can have sumthing over nothing or take it off altogether most of you never think of this I mad web pages be for and this is how you do it if you can't fix it go back to the time it was good never leave trash save a good copy

The problem is not that changes were made to validator, so rolling back to an earlier version will not help. The problem is that WME has changed and the developer of validator is no longer active. Because of the way validator was built and licensed, it is impossible for someone else to fix it.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby RichardPyne » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:32 am

It looks like Waze broke the Validator again. It will no longer produce a report.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby RichardPyne » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 pm

The report feature is still not working correctly. While it does report some issues, it is far from reporting them all. The most I've been able to get it to report since the last fix was 19 items in an area that I know had over 100 segments with an unknown direction.

I just scanned another area, and just doing a rough count watching while is scanned, saw about 60 unconfirmed nodes as shown by toolbox. The report didn't show anything.

Thanks.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby RichardPyne » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 pm

JustinS83 wrote:Guys - we do not have the code for validator in order to truly fix it, we are trying to apply patches to get it working. We very well might not be able to get it working correctly. We are doing our best to keep putting on bandaids but at some point you need surgery...which we cannot do.

Understood. I greatly appreciate the work you are doing.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby RichardPyne » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:59 pm

JoshJMM wrote:that's no problem if you are looking at a small town, but I'm talking Denver, Atlanta, LA. If you want to pan around at 500ft you are going to be panning for a week.

The same applies when working large un or sparsely populated areas such as the farmlands, mountains, and deserts of Idaho and Utah.

While I do appreciate all the work that has been done to keep Validator working as much as it is, I would have unending gratitude if the scan report could work again.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts