Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by roadtechie
autenil wrote:I just got a notification about Validator being expired. I checked the Chrome store and there's no new version...
Same here
roadtechie
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
-Roadtechie
https://web.archive.org/web/20161030115 ... s/lcus.pnghttps://web.archive.org/web/20161030115 ... ls/c6s.png
Assistant Regional Coordinator | Great Lakes
Local Champ Mentor | USA
Country Manager | USA

Post by roarlions1
everything seems to be broken again...validator plus a handful of other scripts
roarlions1
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by roarlions1
everything seems to be working now. my good friends in the PA HO helped me re-order the scripts so the fixes were getting priority. thanks everyone!
roarlions1
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Feature request: please add "Dead-end one-way segment" in reports. Such roads clearly can't exist in practice, but between base map errors and newbie editors creating one-way roads, I see a lot of these problem segments.
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Farmz246 wrote:Ok..trying to get up to speed without reading through all the posts.
Validator no longer works?
Correct.
Is there another extension that can be used?
Not yet.
I'm trying to search for duplicate names and validator was great!
Yes it was, and hopefully will be again. Make Validator Great Again!
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by robindlc
Many thanks for the update.

Regarding localization, I would like to make a suggestion based on some comments we got from other users. Do you think it could be possible to link the language of Validator to the one selected in the WME instead of the geographical area we are editing? By doing so, we could give control to the users about the language they prefer to use.

Then, I could be, as example, editing in Spain but with Language of WME selected as English. In that case, Spanish rules apply, as I'm editing Spain, but validator language would be English as it is the one selected in WME....

Pls consider :)
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by robindlc
dbraughlr wrote:
robindlc wrote:Do you think it could be possible to link the language of Validator to the one selected in the WME
This could be a problem because as I understand localization, the rules applicable to roads in Spain cite the Spanish wiki and the corresponding validation messages are in Spanish.
You are right.... but...

Validation rules are per country and each country may decide whether apply to them or not...

Language translations refer to a wiki in the same language, but in most of cases in a generic way.

Ej... rule says that your segment are too big, or too short, or has abbreviations or doesn't have... (each country decides which one applies to them) but the wiki just explains how to edit the segment...

[*]What is the problem? Two drivable segments share the same two endpoints: forum reference
How to fix? Split the segment. You might also remove one of the segments if they are identical: instructions
Severity: warning
For countries: any country
[/*]

Also the very specific rules which applyes only to a country, are self explanatoires or refers to their own wiki

[*]#89 "Vers" in Ramp name
What is the problem? The Ramp name contains word "vers".
How to fix? Rename the Ramp.
For countries: FR, GF, NC, RE
[/*]

[*]#54 "Węzel" in Ramp name
What is the problem? The Ramp name contains word "węzel".
How to fix? Rename the Ramp in accordance with the Polish guidelines: instructions
For countries: PL
[/*]

[*]#61 Incorrect Freeway name
What is the problem? The Freeway has incorrect street name: wiki reference
How to fix? Rename the Freeway segment to a "Anum" or "Anum - Enum" or "Anum ri Dir1 / Dir2".
For countries: BE, NL, LU
[/*]

[*]#80 Incorrect Freeway name
What is the problem? The Freeway has incorrect street name: wiki reference
How to fix? Rename the street to "Mxx" or "Mxx N/S/W/E" or change the road type.
For countries: IE
[/*]

In a few words, one thing are the rules which applies and another the language to read the rules, which are self explanatory. References to wiki are generic just for extra support.
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by robindlc
Do you think will be worthily to add a check for "impossible" turns with low angles... (lets say less than 30 grades)? A kind of warning, "Turn with too low angle, pls check"

In this image, the turn marked should be not allowed
lowangleturn.png
(239.24 KiB) Downloaded 1977 times
Thanks
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by robindlc
Hi all,

I did have a really estrange behavior today...

I'm in the office, with a company computer... I had occasionally entered the editor from here, but I didn't have the validator installed.

I received by e-mail a request (with permalink) to enable a turn... I followed the link, which automatically opened the WME and to my surprise loaded also the validator... Is that normal? :roll:
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message