Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.4 / 07.11.2014

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:40 pm

They're working fine in beta, but not in production. Weird. I reinstalled Validator, still the same.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:38 am

...You know, I think that might be what it was. I filtered all the checks but one custom check to look for negative elevations back home. Maybe I forgot to take that out. Crap.

I'll never know for sure, since I deleted the localstorage key and started from scratch :D

Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Olestas wrote:Wow, now can buttons be added to disable/enable custom checks? :D

It's really easy to do this, one way is to do the "!128" or whatever the number is, but the easier way is just to insert a space or some other character in the regex or template field to break the check :D

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:19 pm

PesachZ wrote:
ispyisail wrote:Hi guys

Its not working as expected

Cut and paste from validator just in case

Code:
${typeRank}:${street}
/^1[01]:.*( [a-z)|([A-Z]{2})

It picked up many road but not what i was after

examples

Crawford Rd
Fonterra Te Rapa
Piwakawaka Court
Arncliffe Tce

Thoughts?

Thanks

Missing closing square bracket

I think this is looking for any road type 10 or 11, which has in the name a string of space, followed by two characters which be any lowercase or uppercase, or parentheses or a pipe or opening square bracket. Basically I think it is matching any two consecutive letters "case insensitive" or any of the following [()|

Regardless of what exactly it is matching try this to fix it. This still only looks for matches on road type 10 or 11

Code:
/^1[01]:.*( [a-z])|([A-Z]{2})

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

You got too many parentheses in there. Do this:
Code:
/^1[01]:.*( [a-z]|[A-Z]{2})

Options work like this (option 1|option 2), not like this (option 1)|(option 2).

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:18 pm

This is what I have written down. I haven't verified or updated it recently. For example, you can see that Ferry isn't in there.
Code:
typeRank
15 freeway
14 major highway
13 minor highway
12 ramp
11 primary street
10 street
9 service road
8 dirt road
7 parking lot road
6 private road
5 walking trail
4 pedestrian bdwk
3 stairway
2 railroad
1 runway

type
1 street
2 primary street
3 freeway
4 ramp
5 walking trail
6 major hwy
7 minor hwy
8 dirt
10 ped boardwalk
16 stairway
17 private road
18 railroad
19 runway
20 parking lot road
21 service road

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:25 am

Service roads SHOULD have all been converted to Street, so if there are some that are now (null), that's weird. Anyway, that's another thing that shows that I haven't messed with it in a while :)

edit

SuperDave1426 wrote:So, no word on why when looking for ${typeRank} values that used to highlight Private, PLR & Dirt Roads no longer works?

They work for me. I just tested them all, and all are working, except that Service Road no longer exists, of course.

---

The ${type} number for Ferry is 14. Ferry does not appear to have a typeRank.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 pm

voludu2 wrote:SuperDave, is this Mall in Reno within your editable area?
Validator is designed to only check segments you can edit.

Just for you, I strove to test this properly, in a way that anyone can replicate:

HOW I TESTED
I disabled EVERY WME script other than validator. I picked a reproducible PL from your image: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=74223083

And I constructed a typeRank filter to highlight every road with a numeric typeRank
${typeRank}
/[0-9].*/

WHAT I OBSERVED:
* What I see is all roads I can edit highlighted
+ In Reno -- 0 roads
+ In my editable area -- everything not locked above my rank
* Nothing highlighted outside my editable areas.
* If I select a segment outside my editable area with a lock level < or = my editing rank, then the left pane says " User-defined custom check (green)" even though it is not highlighted
* If I select a segment with a lock level > my editing rank, then the left pane says "The segment is not checked"

BTW, the "Exclude non-editable segments" on the front page of Validator settings will change this behavior.

Also – if you want ${typeRank} with any digit value, try /[0-9]+/

The formula you're currently using will give you any typeRank that starts with a digit 0-9 and has any sort of subsequent characters at all, so, 1 or 23 or 4567 or 8ffgsdgrsfg. Not that it really matters in this case, but in the future, if you are looking for numbers only: "+" and "*" affect the character or group right behind it; "*" means "zero or more", and "+" means "one or more"; and "." is a wildcard. So ".*" means "zero or more of any characters at all", whereas "[0-9]+" means "one or more digits".

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:02 pm

PesachZ wrote:While we're on the topic you can substitute [0-9] with /d
So a search for ^/d+$ will find any string of any length containing exclusively numbers.
For more details see RegEx Tutorial

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

It's \d not /d. Backslashes are used to escape what would otherwise be normal letters. \d is any digit, \w is a word character (iirc it's [A-Za-z0-9]), \b is a word boundary (meaning a space or begin/end of string, or maybe something else)...

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 pm

carloslaso wrote:I think I have searched but I have found nothing about FW, MH and mH with city names, I tried some Regex and failed :?

You want to highlight every FW, MH, mH with a city name?

Code:
${typeRank}:${city}
/1[3-5]:.+$/

1[3-5] == typeRank 13, 14, 15 are mH, MH, FW, respectively
: == separates typeRank from city
.+ == one or more of any characters
$ == end of string

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Yeah! Well done implementation. I realized that a month or two ago and have been using implementations like this:

${street}#${altStreet[#]}
/(^|#)US-167 [NS](#|$)/

But yours is even easier to use!
Post a reply