[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: traffic circles

Postby dbraughlr » Tue May 13, 2014 5:46 pm

CBenson wrote:To get the roundabout instruction to work correctly on this roundabout, I had to not have the segments connect at the same point.

I do not consider traffic circles (e.g., Washington Circle to be roundabouts. They are circular roads controlled by traffic lights. In a real roundabout, traffic does not stop and roads do not cross. However, I do somewhat see how instructions to enter and exit the circle could be useful.
dbraughlr

Re: too sharp angle turn

Postby dbraughlr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:23 pm

robindlc wrote:... (lets say less than 30 grades)? A kind of warning, "Turn with too low angle, pls check"

I think that your proposed rule could be applied based on the lowest class of the roads forming the angle. Streets, dirt roads, and parking lot roads may have such sharp turn angles. Freeways never do.
Ramps junctions probably are where this type of error occurs most.

I consider going straight to be an angle (course deflection) of 0.
Turning left or right in a perpendicular intersection is an angle of 90°.
You are talking about a turn greater than 150°.

After you have checked a turn that is greater than 150° and see that it is fine, then what?
U-turns in bowtie intersections sometimes are very tight because of the need to have a nearly parallel interception angle to get the correct turn instructions.
dbraughlr

Re: title case is correct

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:52 am

j4m35ch3w wrote:is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'.

As mentioned, we already hashed out this issue regarding #170 and there is a thread on the topic of capitalization. I invite you to contribute to that discussion.

I checked two of your examples from the street view. Clearly, Title case is used. Not only are the words you mentioned capitalized at the beginning of the name, they are capitalized in the middle of a name. I believe that the names you cited should be fixed in Waze to conform to the official spelling.

Conclusion: A street name starting with a lowercase letter is not something that should pass validation.
dbraughlr

Re: threat

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:27 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:it can delete all segments

What kind of :twisted: threat is that??
dbraughlr

Re: That BEEPING Beeping!

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:29 pm

bummerdude69 wrote:1) I'd guess the longer between pages (beeps), the more segments to check?

Yep, at least I believe so. When I scan an area that has both urban/suburban roads and large lakes/swamps, I get lots of really quick beeps and a number of well-spaced ones, with some in between (probably along the edges between built areas and swamps/lakes).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bummerdude69 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 pm

sketch wrote:
bummerdude69 wrote:Two questions
1) what does the various beeps mean? Seems to have a purpose, but haven't figured it out.
2) How do you turn that NOISE OFF?!? ;)

1) One beep per "screen", with a higher-pitched beep at the end.
2) Gear, wrench, uncheck "Enable sounds".

1) I'd guess the longer between pages (beeps), the more segments to check?
2) Thanks, never noticed the Gear. :oops:
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:25 pm

An alternative to ${type} is ${typeRank}, which uses the following codes:

${typeRank}
15 freeway
14 major highway
13 minor highway
12 ramp
11 primary street
10 street
9 service road
8 dirt road
7 parking lot road
6 private road
5 walking trail
4 pedestrian bdwk
3 stairway
2 railroad
1 runway

Kinda makes it easier if you wanna do, say, all public drivable roads (1[0-5]). Also a little easier to remember.

bummerdude69 wrote:Two questions
1) what does the various beeps mean? Seems to have a purpose, but haven't figured it out.
2) How do you turn that NOISE OFF?!? ;)

1) One beep per "screen", with a higher-pitched beep at the end.
2) Gear, wrench, uncheck "Enable sounds".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: street names take up space in the database?

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm

sketch wrote:there's no reason* to have the extraneous name taking up space in the Waze database. It's just streamlining.

Whether the name takes up space in the database is a matter of how the database is designed. It doesn't affect routing. Regardless, it should not be the rationale driving this change.
Last edited by dbraughlr on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Re: street name not capitalized

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:43 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:Thanks for the list. Is this list agreed by the whole USA community? I am not questioning your accuracy,

No. Go right ahead. I just made up the list myself as I was replying. It is not canon or accurate.

kentsmith9 wrote:Maybe the problem is berestovskyy's message was for all countries and yours was only for the USA?

But if that is the case, in California we have plenty of Spanish roads, so if "la" and "de" are allowed in other countries, why not allow it in the US?

I cannot comment much on other countries.

In California, we have many road names derived from Spanish, but "La" and "El" are always capitalized; "Del" is capitalized when it is the first real word of the name.

Rules for other countries do not necessary apply to the US.
They are capitalized in Mexico, so why shouldn't they be capitalized in the USA?
dbraughlr

Re: street name not capitalized

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 pm

dbraughlr wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:I saw a discrepancy between your two statements that I could not identify the correct solution.

Are you now satisfied that there is no discrepancy between my statements?
"La Cruz" gets capitalized for the same reason that "Las Cruces" is capitalized.

drbauglr, just to clarify, "your two statements" was between you and berestovskyy. They were in disagreement from what I read and summarized here.
berestovskyy's message said "la" is allowed.
dbraughlr's message said "la" is not allowed.

Maybe the problem is berestovskyy's message was for all countries and yours was only for the USA?

But if that is the case, in California we have plenty of Spanish roads, so if "la" and "de" are allowed in other countries, why not allow it in the US? Again if there was already a thread on this I could not find it but would be happy to review to better understand if this was already discussed.
dbraughlr wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:I did not see the official list linked to what letters are supposed to be allowed in each country.

Exceptions for the USA:
  • closed
  • construction
  • to

Thanks for the list. Is this list agreed by the whole USA community? I am not questioning your accuracy, I just did not find the thread that discussed it. I wanted to link the Wiki page to the discussion thread to prevent future questions that may debate the list.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts