[Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.5.2 (BETA) / 22.01.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:01 am

TonyTorrent wrote:Emmons Circle is the horseshoe with both ends connecting to Wolcott Hill Street.

Emmons Circle needs to be split into two segments. No two segments should have the same end points. It causes all sorts of routing problems, and misidentification of the actual route requested on URs, etc. It also causes issues with inability to locate the correct location when starting on that type of road.

This has been well documented in a few different forum discussions, which the Validator author provided links to earlier in this thread.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:24 am

TonyTorrent wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This has been well documented in a few different forum discussions, which the Validator author provided links to earlier in this thread.

Thanks Alan, that's all I needed to know. I don't always have the time to read all of the threads and posts, that's why I started out with the comment that it might have been brought up before.

Discovered I believe I was wrong. It got sent to me via PM. He provided two links to threads about 2-part/3-part loops.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:53 am

kentsmith9 wrote:There were comments this was a known issue with Cartouche, but not necessarily the current WME.

Today I sent a message to the Waze team on that specific issue. I will report back what they say relative to this issue. If anyone has any current routing issues they know about or can find any forum threads showing this is still a problem then let us know and we can add it to the Wiki best practices.

There are definitely threads about issues with routing related to segments which shared the same endpoints. And this has nothing to do with Cartouche, as it doesn't do routing, so why is that even relevant to the discussion? The issue with the routing server has existed since the days of Cartouche. I doubt Waze will officially have much to say about it because they've never properly responded to the threads displaying the issue.

Don't forget this is also the reason why WME does not allow the starting junction to split a segment if the end junction is on the same segment. It's been built into WME since the very beginning to dissuade this type of loop from being created.

Related threads:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=70559
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69415
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.5.8 (BETA) / 31.01.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:38 pm

pumrum wrote:...For now it seems like lower case names would be the exception, and 'la' and 'el' should not be added to the exception list. I think the summary from the other forum thread was "match the case of the road sign"

I agree. Since most signs are uppercase, in Waze we would typically switch this to initial caps.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.0 (BETA) / 04.02.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:20 pm

CBenson wrote:Don't know about the Int'l server, but having two one-ways that connect the same two junctions has caused problems in my area. If the origin or destination is on one of the street waze will occasionally start or stop the route on the other. This has been solved by adding a extra junction on one of the segments.

Validator should already be detecting two segments sharing end node locations, regardless of street direction.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.1 (BETA) / 05.02.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 pm

davidg666 wrote:If you look here, there's a pair of segments, and Validator considers the node between them to be unneeded, however the top segment has time-based restrictions (there's a gate there that's closed at night) but the lower segment has no such restriction.

I don't get this. Why would you ever traverse the lower segment just to turn around? Why not have a single segment with the restriction? It doesn't go anywhere else, so regardless of whether it is one or two segments, the routing effect is identical. Or else I'm not getting it...

If Waze thinks the destination is closer to the segment with restrictions than any other segment, it will override the segment restrictions. This is just like any turn restriction.

The only thing this segment restriction does is affect travel along the whole segment, so having two parts is unnecessary.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Timbones wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If Waze thinks the destination is closer to the segment with restrictions than any other segment, it will override the segment restrictions. This is just like any turn restriction.

Are you sure? In tests I did a little while ago, Waze acted as if the restricted roads didn't exist at all...
(behaviour may have changed since, without warning, as it often does)

Things change all the time, so I very well could be wrong. In fact, that'd be great in this case!
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm

ditchi56 wrote:Here's another example.

Works exactly as if that segment were set as Private Rd. So, I guess it's one way or the other...
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.1 (BETA) / 20.02.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:26 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:Has there been a change made to the way that the Validator handles roads marked with (CONST ZN)?

The blue Note reminder was added because there are often old construction zones for which the segment named never were changed back. I found two yesterday in different areas which I wouldn't have found before without this feature.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.1 (BETA) / 20.02.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The blue Note reminder was added because there are often old construction zones for which the segment named never were changed back. I found two yesterday in different areas which I wouldn't have found before without this feature.

This was lit up in red complaining about no inward/outward connectivity, which really kinda made it stand out. Blue would have been less annoying. :-)

Example.

Ah! So, it wasn't red because of CONST ZN, but because of the connectivity issue.

Perhaps there should be an exception for the inward connectivity for segments which are marked CONST ZN then. That way, if happened upon or in a scan, they are "caught" and user alerted for the CONST ZN with a BlueNote and not the more serious RedNote.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts