[Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.3 (BETA) / 08.01.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:the validator is flashing it as having unneeded nodes A and B.

Please update to 0.4.3.
Last edited by berestovskyy on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
berestovskyy

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:When I click on a segment that flashed, sometimes after fixing and saving, it will stop flashing when I move the map, and other times, I have to click on the segment again for it to realize that the segment was fixed.

There is an internal segment cache. Validator revalidates only new, selected or unselected segments. Please try 0.4.3, there some changes in highlighting. Please report if the problem is still there.

0.4.3 is published. See my original post for the download links or force update in your browser.

I'm using Chrome and checked - it looks like the new version 0.4.3 is loaded. I refreshed the screen that I was on and found a dead-end U-Turn. Fixed it and saved; it still flashes until I select and unselect the road.
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby lloyd_a » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi

I assume that this should work in the UK? I am getting the error:
Sorry,
You cannot use WME Validator over here.
Please check the forum thread
for more information.

Lloyd
lloyd_a

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:09 pm

berestovskyy wrote:0.4.3 is published. See my original post for the download links or force update in your browser.

On userscripts.org, the file header still has version 0.4.2.
Image Image Image Image
State Manager: District of Columbia
AM Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C./Sussex County, DE/Westchester County, NY
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.
Image Image Image Image
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The checkboxes under the Validator section don't seem to save between permalinks/sessions. Is this by design?

Yep, that was the idea :lol: In 0.4.3 there are just 2 default options: non-editables and duplicates. Let me know if it's ok now or shall I store the values across sessions.

And the same with the settings: there are just 2 persistent options...

For me, I would expect any setting to be saved across sessions.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:I refreshed the screen that I was on and found a dead-end U-Turn. Fixed it and saved; it still flashes until I select and unselect the road.

Reproduced, cache issue indeed. You can also click "Clear report" button to re-validate all the segments.

lloyd_a wrote:I assume that this should work in the UK? I am getting the error:

Validator is based on WMET, so it has the same restrictions. I hope I could remove the restriction in the next release.

russblau wrote:On userscripts.org, the file header still has version 0.4.2.

The page must be cached or smth.

russblau wrote:Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.

Most of the checks dedicated for the drivable roads, for instance: "Unknown direction of drivable road", "Unterminated drivable road" and other checks with word "drivable". They never report non-drivables, so the separated option might be not that useful?

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:For me, I would expect any setting to be saved across sessions.

You might be right, it might be confusing, esp. when you open permalinks in new window...
berestovskyy

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
russblau wrote:Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.

Most of the checks dedicated for the drivable roads, for instance: "Unknown direction of drivable road", "Unterminated drivable road" and other checks with word "drivable". They never report non-drivables, so the separated option might be not that useful?

You're right; I was kind of hasty in writing my request. What I really want is the ability to exclude non-routable but drivable segments (private roads, parking lot roads, and dirt roads) from the report, but include all other drivable segments.
Image Image Image Image
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I refreshed the screen that I was on and found a dead-end U-Turn. Fixed it and saved; it still flashes until I select and unselect the road.

Reproduced, cache issue indeed. You can also click "Clear report" button to re-validate all the segments.

Tried that. Doesn't seem to make any difference that I could see.
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.2 (BETA) / 07.07.2014

Postby sketch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 am

berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
txemt wrote:When I select an interstate segment, it pops up a warning about city name being in the city field. It wants me to remove the city name from the interstate. I didn't think that was set in stone.

I agree. WMEV should not give this guidance.

Ok, the check is disabled for US.

I asked for that check to be enabled because there are some situations where it is useful to know that. I thought it was pretty clear that it was a "note" (blue) and also a "beta" note, and not a yellow or red problem. It is up to the editor to decide whether this is something that requires action. Since freeways should be locked at L5 anyway, I would imagine we can trust the editor to do the right thing with it.

I'd like to hear from Alan and txemt in light of this before turning it back on, though.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts