[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.14 / 17.11.2015

Postby t0cableguy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:22 am

Timbones wrote:Someone could create a library of functions for script editors, including one for creating a new tab. Then the script editor doesn't need to learn how to do it, or maintain the code...

(WME Geometries lives in the Drives tab. Some people struggle to find at first, so maybe it should have it's own tab too)

It would make me quite happy to just cut paste the code in where appropriate, the other issue is validator is installed as a chrome extension in google chrome. Is it really appropriate for beginning users to be modifying code?

I agree with wme geometries might be best having its own tab also. but that is for its thread and not this one...

and validator is among the "black box" (provided only to use, not to modify) type of scripts that are not "allowing" modification by its users. its pretty obvious that it has been written and formatted to prevent modification.

[ img ]
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.15 / 13.12.2015

Postby t0cableguy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:49 am

so, with further changes coming down the pipe, i'm going to bring it up again. tab for validator. i have a screenshot which i'm not going to share as created, but the bottom option really makes little sense with this new tab in the editor, and for screen limited users it really screws up the left sidebar.
sure the bottom works, but why do i need to scroll to the bottom when i can click a tab and be working with the specific script settings i'm looking for.

note that i was probably at 50% zoom when i made the 'at the bottom" screencap so its extremely pixilated. I'm running a 1080p (1920x1080) tv as my display. Most users are probably running a laptop with a wxga (1280x768) screen. I understand the wrapping of the tabs but waze has pretty much taken up the first row at this point with the stock tabs.

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Postby t0cableguy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:25 pm

I've considered uninstalling it until it is changed. or just no longer using it in general. SURE validator is useful. I'm not going to deny that. I learned many editing skills from it.but i honestly do not run it constantly and do not see the need for it to be in every single tab or be persistent in the left sidebar.

I appreciate what validator is and I appreciate being able to use it.

If validator didn't have a note specifically written in its code that says not to modify it i'd have already worked towards making a tab on my own time. I have other script writing individuals that are willing to help me with this. but with respect to the dev its HIS script. HE wrote in the script code to NOT MODIFY IT. well with this mentality i will happily stop asking and hammering my point across and just modify the code. Thanks.
t0cableguy

Postby t0cableguy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:16 am

Thanks for taking my post out of context. I'm not the only one with this thought. I'm not the only one that has looked at this, and even the dev said they had worked at it,
berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I would still prefer it to have its own tab.

Guys, I've played with tabs some time ago and I didn't like the tabs were wrapped onto a second line. I will give it another try, but it's not the highest priority ATM.

We could also try to put it into one of the existing tabs...

sounds to me like they had it practically working but they just choose to not polish the work off. As you see the argument of the tabs wrapping into two lines is moot for most users that have multiple scripts installed. If and when it gets done ok, thats great. I just made post showing that further changes are happening. Toolbox puts an icon, uro+ a tab, jAI, all essential scripts in my opinion.. WME Geometries has even said that they are considering building a tab. Maybe instead of just arguing that i'm a jerk that is a whiner the devs that HAVE tabs should be helping the ones that dont to develop tabs. I know all script writers have their babies but why reinvent the wheel?

Once again, I APPRECIATE what VALIDATOR does. I appreciate the work that has been done with this code. but your ranting against me posting about something that is clearly an issue for more than just myself is just as childish as me going out of my way to modify the script.

The issue is that now toolbox no longer hides validator when the "editor info" is hidden,
URO+ still hides validator. How is using another outside script to hide someone elses script any different from directly modifying the code? are you saying URO+ and toolbox(which has changed the behavior of hide user info) shouldn't be providing a workaround to the issue?

I'd even take a "hide validator" checkbox just so it doesn't crowd up my sidebar. I just think the ideal solution is going to be to have its own tab. attacking my post about an issue that isn't only related to me isn't productive here. I'm not attacking the dev. I'm just stating a fact and that waze is going to continue to change the sidebar it seems so change is coming and it is inevitable.
Last edited by t0cableguy on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby taco909 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Is there a way to add non-approved speed and RL cameras (or even all cameras) to the custom search feature?
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:16 pm

But do be careful... it is a tool, not a "fixer"
Some errors reported may be legitimate mapping issues that need to remain for any number of reasons.

But it is a fantastic tool for locating areas that need more study and work.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Non beta here and I'm getting similar "buglets" in the display.
The report seems to catch things, but I'll be at a wider view and might see a blue highlight, zooming in it changes to yellow, or something goes away completely.
Clicking the segment displays the errors properly.
I've also noticed that sometimes a couple of days after I've worked an area, I'll see more errors. Pulling up the segment shows no recent edits, so it was something that Validator missed before.

Doesn't bug me a whole lot... right now I'm using Validator as a tool to clean up some major errors in a fairly wide area that has been neglected, so there is still plenty of work to be done even if a few excess nodes are missed here and there.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:35 am

berestovskyy wrote:
Taco909 wrote:The report seems to catch things, but I'll be at a wider view and might see a blue highlight, zooming in it changes to yellow, or something goes away completely.

Seems to work fine on non-beta world. A permalink would help to confirm.

It is so inconsistent that a PL would be impossible.
It will appear and disappear at various zoom levels and change as the map is panned, and in some cases display blue on a wide view, then change to yellow or even red when zoomed in.

It seems to have gotten much worse since last weekend and I have not updated any of my scripts, so it could be related to something else.

Edit: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 3,62465924

That is as close as I can get right now. I'm currently not getting blue highlighting at ANY zoom level. It was working last night, so I suspect is is not an issue with the script itself, but in something Waze is doing with the editor or map.
Both segments of this split road (and I agree it should not have been split) have RevCon on Node-B.
My name is on those segments bevcause I cleared the RevCons from node-A, but Grand had an L3 lock.
Last edited by taco909 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:01 am

Okay... here we go.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 989&zoom=3
Note that at this zoom level, there is an obvious dogleg on the highlighted segments on Dalewood.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 989&zoom=4
Now zooming in one more step, the "Frazier" street name appears, but the highlighting is lost.
Also notice the numerous other errors that appeared at this zoom level, even though all of the affected streets are visible.

And now at this level...
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 989&zoom=2
The dogleg is gone... only the Dalewood segment remains, Frazier is "clean"

Now at Level 2, the dogleg is there:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 989&zoom=2
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:13 am

KB_Steveo wrote:
Poncewattle wrote:
sketch wrote:Berestovskyy, could you remove the dead-end U turn check, and make it such that the "unconfirmed turn" checks etc. don't look at dead-end nodes? The ability to edit them has been removed from the editor.

Going to chime in here because I just figured out a way to edit u-turns on dead-ends but want to make sure I'm not breaking something else. Basically I can edit the u-turn on a dead end node by temporarily drawing a short two-way road segment and attaching it to the dead-end. Then I can edit the dead-end (since it's now not a dead-end) to disallow the U-turn. After that is done, I then delete the temporary road segment I just drew. The validator then stops complaining about it.

This also works with "Node A|B: Unconfirmed turn on minor road" where A or B is at a dead end.

It's a hassle. Maybe it's a waste of time to worry about it. Would like to know if it's OK to do this or if creating and deleting a lot of road segments in a short amount of time is "not a good thing."

QW on the end node is even faster ;)

Unless we are in the UK, we are not supposed to do this anymore... we've been asked in multiple threads by various global champs and Waze staffers.
Validator needs to ignore the u-turn, and the "Q" function in JNF needs to be changed so it likewise ignores u-turns if they are at a dead-end.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts