[Script] WME Validator 2019.09.24 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby otofoto » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 am

How to disable this pop-up each time I open waze map editor?

WME Validator v1.1.20:
- Fixed #23 Unconfirmed road

04.06.2016 v1.1.19:
- Fixed WME Beta
- Fixed icons in segment properties
- The work is still in progress...
otofoto

Postby RichardPyne » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Mapman44 wrote:If you are using Google Chrome it may be a memory problem.

While I am using Chrome, it was working fine up until the last big WME breakage. Also, I recently update memory from 8GB to 24 GB.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 pm

otofoto wrote:How to disable this pop-up each time I open waze map editor?

WME Validator v1.1.20:
- Fixed #23 Unconfirmed road

04.06.2016 v1.1.19:
- Fixed WME Beta
- Fixed icons in segment properties
- The work is still in progress...

What browser are you using? Have you restricted the default browser settings at all (i.e. prevented web pages from being able to store data)?
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ARC: South Atlantic Region
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Rcmz71 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 pm

It was difficult to install the validator, but thanks to forúm tips get renistalar.
Roberto C.M. Zanatta
SM - RS / SP / AP
[ img ] [ img ]
[ img ]
Rcmz71
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jangliss » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

dbcm wrote:valFix 1.0.3 is out
https://dbcm.github.com/waze/valfix/valfix.user.js

Also adds Validator to layer menu.

Thanks to justins83

First off, I want to echo the communities appreciation for the work that's been done to patch Validator with external fixes to get it working again. It's hugely appreciated. That said...

Not sure if it's just me or not, but when you set your language in WME, say "US English" for example, none of the custom titles, solutions, or problem descriptions come across. For example:

Code: Select all
   "titleEN": "Wrong banner abbreviation",
   "problemEN": "Banner abbreviation may be incorrect. Abbreviations ALT, BUS, BYP, CONN, LOOP, and SPUR should be in ALL CAPS",

When you mouse over a road that is impacted by the issue, all you get is "The segment matched custom conditions", like it couldn't find the fields that had the message.

Another thing to note is that when you change your language to "US English" the localization becomes "en-US" and not just "en". This might be where the issue comes up if it's just doing a simple case change for the language. I've only briefly tried to understand the obfustication and such in the validator script, so I could be way off.

The change in the localization also means that the translations hack in the valfix.user.js may be an issue.

if (typeof I18n.translations.en == 'undefined') {
    I18n.translations["en"] = {
        "layers": {
            "name": {}
        }
    };
}

I've not spent a huge amount of time digging through the valfix and utils code, so I'm not sure if there is a way to squeeze some "fix" in there. I might try going through it this weekend and seeing what I can come up with, unless you already have an idea.

Thanks again!
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ldriveskier » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 pm

jangliss - is that a problem with Validator and its fix or with a validator Localization script? I know the Localization scripts that I use were modified after the language change, so yours might need that also.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby jangliss » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 pm

ldriveskier wrote:jangliss - is that a problem with Validator and its fix or with a validator Localization script? I know the Localization scripts that I use were modified after the language change, so yours might need that also.

By "localization script" I'm assuming you mean the one we use to put our own validation rules in, in which case I'm not past thinking that is the issue, but it works when we use the default languages (just set to "English" [en]) but not "US English" [en-US], which means we'd need to know what validator is looking for to match when the language is [en-US]. I may have missed the page that mentioned what that new localization values should be. I'll go back through the posts and see what I can see.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jangliss » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm

So I did some further testing, and it seems if you use the following in the "header" section it kicks in for both languages, the problem is that it doesn't really match the languages later on.

window.WME_Validator_United_States = {
    ".country": "United States",
    ".codeISO": "US",
    ".author": "jangliss",
    ".updated": "2017-04-19",
    ".link": "TODO: ",
    ".lng": ["EN","EN-US"],

With ".lng" set to both "EN" and "EN-US" it picks up both languages. That said, if you use the "en" (or "en-us") in the title, problem, or solution text, it doesn't pick it up in either platform. For example:

"130.title.en": "The segment is assigned to another state",
    "130.title.en-us": "The segment is assigned to another state",
    "130.problem.en": "The segment is assigned to another state",
    "130.problem.en-us": "The segment is assigned to another state",
    "130.solution.en": "Make sure you are editing in TX, OK, MS, LA, or AR, and change it or disable script when working in another state",
    "130.solution.en-us": "Make sure you are editing in TX, OK, MS, LA, or AR, and change it or disable script when working in another state",

This is what you end up with:
2017-04-19 14_46_14-Clipboard.png

If however, you just put it in like this:

"130.title": "The segment is assigned to another state",

It works across both "English" and "US English" platforms, but that doesn't really seem like it is being "localized", more overriding the default title.

Either way, I think I got it working so I just need to do some tweaking, and such.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ldriveskier » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Sorry, I don't understand the nuts and bolts of the required updates, but I know that XanderB updated the Validator Localization scripts for the states that I use it for when the new language was released to WME. I would suggest dropping him a PM if you'd like to compare notes (or to point him to your post here). Good luck!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

jangliss wrote:So I did some further testing, and it seems if you use the following in the "header" section it kicks in for both languages, the problem is that it doesn't really match the languages later on.

With ".lng" set to both "EN" and "EN-US" it picks up both languages. That said, if you use the "en" (or "en-us") in the title, problem, or solution text, it doesn't pick it up in either platform. For example:

Either way, I think I got it working so I just need to do some tweaking, and such.

Based on just playing around with it for a little bit, this is how it seems to work. Whatever you set as the language(s) with ".lng" is what Validator looks for in "*.title", "*.problem", "*.solution", etc. so you don't need to put "*.title.en-us" (nor should you); basically, you already told validator what languages will be localized using the ".lng" property. You can look at the default Validator localizations to get a feel for how they do things (the ES.js is a good one). Hope that helps
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ARC: South Atlantic Region
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts