Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sven1999
wow Validator is super usefull :!:
For Austria, Germany & Switzerland [DACH] there is the custom rule to not use the new narrow street.
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=256066

the German translation in WME for narrow street translates to: narrow street (not to be used in DACH for the time being)

hope you can add a rule which checks for this roadtype.

regards,
Sven
sven1999
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
give us an update to kill the error at least? extend the expiry date? Thanks for your dev work though. I have Validator to thank for most of my qep's
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
today's update has broken the highlighting function of validator. Not sure if anything else is broken. Thanks for your script and the help it provides I hope you can figure out a fix asap!
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
Thanks for fixing the issues quickly!
t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
taco909 wrote:
Rfrsw101 wrote:I'm just wondering, is there any way for Validator to be incorporated into a tab? Instead of having it up all the time. Such as [Validator] [Drives] [Area] [Settings]... But thanks for getting it working so quickly after WME changed.
Ditto.
Validator goes away when you use the URO+ option to eliminate the editor sidebar info.
Also toolbox comes with "hide user info" enabled thus making users wonder where validator went.
t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
taco909 wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:I have a 20" AOC. That's probably why I'm not having that much of an issue. If my laptop was working, my 15" would have me saying otherwise.
I'm running a Flatron 23" @ 1920x1080

My notebook is horrible.

dual 32" 1080p tv's ...... I don't have a real estate problem. I just have a "it pushes every one of my other scripts down to a scroll box" issue. Good thing Valdator still works while hidden by uro or toolbox. This behavior changed when "ME" was eliminated as a tab. I just think Validator should conform. It had a nice run it the place it was in, but its gone now.
t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
Timbones wrote:Someone could create a library of functions for script editors, including one for creating a new tab. Then the script editor doesn't need to learn how to do it, or maintain the code...

(WME Geometries lives in the Drives tab. Some people struggle to find at first, so maybe it should have it's own tab too)

It would make me quite happy to just cut paste the code in where appropriate, the other issue is validator is installed as a chrome extension in google chrome. Is it really appropriate for beginning users to be modifying code?

I agree with wme geometries might be best having its own tab also. but that is for its thread and not this one...

and validator is among the "black box" (provided only to use, not to modify) type of scripts that are not "allowing" modification by its users. its pretty obvious that it has been written and formatted to prevent modification.

t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
so, with further changes coming down the pipe, i'm going to bring it up again. tab for validator. i have a screenshot which i'm not going to share as created, but the bottom option really makes little sense with this new tab in the editor, and for screen limited users it really screws up the left sidebar.
sure the bottom works, but why do i need to scroll to the bottom when i can click a tab and be working with the specific script settings i'm looking for.

note that i was probably at 50% zoom when i made the 'at the bottom" screencap so its extremely pixilated. I'm running a 1080p (1920x1080) tv as my display. Most users are probably running a laptop with a wxga (1280x768) screen. I understand the wrapping of the tabs but waze has pretty much taken up the first row at this point with the stock tabs.

t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
I've considered uninstalling it until it is changed. or just no longer using it in general. SURE validator is useful. I'm not going to deny that. I learned many editing skills from it.but i honestly do not run it constantly and do not see the need for it to be in every single tab or be persistent in the left sidebar.

I appreciate what validator is and I appreciate being able to use it.

If validator didn't have a note specifically written in its code that says not to modify it i'd have already worked towards making a tab on my own time. I have other script writing individuals that are willing to help me with this. but with respect to the dev its HIS script. HE wrote in the script code to NOT MODIFY IT. well with this mentality i will happily stop asking and hammering my point across and just modify the code. Thanks.
t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
Thanks for taking my post out of context. I'm not the only one with this thought. I'm not the only one that has looked at this, and even the dev said they had worked at it,
berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I would still prefer it to have its own tab.
Guys, I've played with tabs some time ago and I didn't like the tabs were wrapped onto a second line. I will give it another try, but it's not the highest priority ATM.

We could also try to put it into one of the existing tabs...

sounds to me like they had it practically working but they just choose to not polish the work off. As you see the argument of the tabs wrapping into two lines is moot for most users that have multiple scripts installed. If and when it gets done ok, thats great. I just made post showing that further changes are happening. Toolbox puts an icon, uro+ a tab, jAI, all essential scripts in my opinion.. WME Geometries has even said that they are considering building a tab. Maybe instead of just arguing that i'm a jerk that is a whiner the devs that HAVE tabs should be helping the ones that dont to develop tabs. I know all script writers have their babies but why reinvent the wheel?

Once again, I APPRECIATE what VALIDATOR does. I appreciate the work that has been done with this code. but your ranting against me posting about something that is clearly an issue for more than just myself is just as childish as me going out of my way to modify the script.

The issue is that now toolbox no longer hides validator when the "editor info" is hidden,
URO+ still hides validator. How is using another outside script to hide someone elses script any different from directly modifying the code? are you saying URO+ and toolbox(which has changed the behavior of hide user info) shouldn't be providing a workaround to the issue?

I'd even take a "hide validator" checkbox just so it doesn't crowd up my sidebar. I just think the ideal solution is going to be to have its own tab. attacking my post about an issue that isn't only related to me isn't productive here. I'm not attacking the dev. I'm just stating a fact and that waze is going to continue to change the sidebar it seems so change is coming and it is inevitable.
t0cableguy
Send a message
Last edited by t0cableguy on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.