[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby sketch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:02 pm

PesachZ wrote:While we're on the topic you can substitute [0-9] with /d
So a search for ^/d+$ will find any string of any length containing exclusively numbers.
For more details see RegEx Tutorial

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

It's \d not /d. Backslashes are used to escape what would otherwise be normal letters. \d is any digit, \w is a word character (iirc it's [A-Za-z0-9]), \b is a word boundary (meaning a space or begin/end of string, or maybe something else)...
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby serega_12 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Man, you make me feel like I'm kindergartner in here.. :-D
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:33 pm

While we're on the topic you can substitute [0-9] with \d
So a search for ^\d+$ will find any string of any length containing exclusively numbers.
For more details see RegEx Tutorial

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
edited: typo
Last edited by PesachZ on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby crazycaveman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:20 pm

SuperDave, do you have any checks you're excluding from checking? You can tell Validator to hide highlights for certain checks but the check will still show in the left with the segment details. See this screenshot:
[ img ]
In this screenshot, I have check 129 (the blue custom check) excluded from being highlighted but everything else is highlighted (and ${typeRank} /7/ highlights PLRs for me in the PL voludu2 shared).

@sketch, it seems ferries are undefined, currently. Running a debug check in validator returns this:
Code: Select all
 WME Validator v1.1.6 debug log for segment 84430611, check #128:
1. Expand template: ${typeRank} -> undefined
2. Match RegExp: /.*/ -> ["undefined"]
=> REPORT the segment as #128 'User-defined custom check (green)'
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sketch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 pm

voludu2 wrote:SuperDave, is this Mall in Reno within your editable area?
Validator is designed to only check segments you can edit.

Just for you, I strove to test this properly, in a way that anyone can replicate:

HOW I TESTED
I disabled EVERY WME script other than validator. I picked a reproducible PL from your image: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=74223083

And I constructed a typeRank filter to highlight every road with a numeric typeRank
${typeRank}
/[0-9].*/

WHAT I OBSERVED:
* What I see is all roads I can edit highlighted
+ In Reno -- 0 roads
+ In my editable area -- everything not locked above my rank
* Nothing highlighted outside my editable areas.
* If I select a segment outside my editable area with a lock level < or = my editing rank, then the left pane says " User-defined custom check (green)" even though it is not highlighted
* If I select a segment with a lock level > my editing rank, then the left pane says "The segment is not checked"

BTW, the "Exclude non-editable segments" on the front page of Validator settings will change this behavior.

Also – if you want ${typeRank} with any digit value, try /[0-9]+/

The formula you're currently using will give you any typeRank that starts with a digit 0-9 and has any sort of subsequent characters at all, so, 1 or 23 or 4567 or 8ffgsdgrsfg. Not that it really matters in this case, but in the future, if you are looking for numbers only: "+" and "*" affect the character or group right behind it; "*" means "zero or more", and "+" means "one or more"; and "." is a wildcard. So ".*" means "zero or more of any characters at all", whereas "[0-9]+" means "one or more digits".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby voludu2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:56 pm

SuperDave, is this Mall in Reno within your editable area?
Validator is designed to only check segments you can edit.

Just for you, I strove to test this properly, in a way that anyone can replicate:

HOW I TESTED
I disabled EVERY WME script other than validator. I picked a reproducible PL from your image: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=74223083

And I constructed a typeRank filter to highlight every road with a numeric typeRank
${typeRank}
/[0-9].*/

WHAT I OBSERVED:
* What I see is all roads I can edit highlighted
+ In Reno -- 0 roads
+ In my editable area -- everything not locked above my rank
* Nothing highlighted outside my editable areas.
* If I select a segment outside my editable area with a lock level < or = my editing rank, then the left pane says " User-defined custom check (green)" even though it is not highlighted
* If I select a segment with a lock level > my editing rank, then the left pane says "The segment is not checked"
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 am

sketch wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:So, no word on why when looking for ${typeRank} values that used to highlight Private, PLR & Dirt Roads no longer works?

They work for me. I just tested them all, and all are working, except that Service Road no longer exists, of course.

Well, I'd just love to know how you're doing it. Because as you can see here, I've selected a typeRank value of 7, which is a PLR, and none of the nearby PLRs on the map display are showing up as highlighted....

Edit: Ok, now this is interesting.... I played around with it a bit more and found that it won't highlight Street type, either. It does light up Minor Highway, Major Highway, Freeway, and Primary Street. They happily glow when I select those types. But everything from Street down doesn't seem to be showing for me. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using the regular road or experimental road type.

Now, I have seen that if I click on a road type that I've set the typeRank to show, the left pane will have green text saying "User-defined custom check (green)." So apparently it is recognizing the road type; it's just not actually highlighting anything for me lower than Primary Street.... What the heck....? :?:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sketch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:25 am

Service roads SHOULD have all been converted to Street, so if there are some that are now (null), that's weird. Anyway, that's another thing that shows that I haven't messed with it in a while :)

edit

SuperDave1426 wrote:So, no word on why when looking for ${typeRank} values that used to highlight Private, PLR & Dirt Roads no longer works?

They work for me. I just tested them all, and all are working, except that Service Road no longer exists, of course.

---

The ${type} number for Ferry is 14. Ferry does not appear to have a typeRank.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 pm

sketch wrote:This is what I have written down. I haven't verified or updated it recently. For example, you can see that Ferry isn't in there.
Code: Select all
typeRank
15 freeway
14 major highway
13 minor highway
12 ramp
11 primary street
10 street   ***** broken ******  highlights street and service road.
9 service road   **** broken ******  highlights nothing
8 dirt road
7 parking lot road
6 private road
5 walking trail
4 pedestrian bdwk
3 stairway
2 railroad
1 runway

type
1 street
2 primary street
3 freeway
4 ramp
5 walking trail
6 major hwy
7 minor hwy
8 dirt
10 ped boardwalk
16 stairway
17 private road
18 railroad
19 runway
20 parking lot road
21 service road

2015-02-25_164731.jpg
(129.96 KiB) Downloaded 596 times

2015-02-25_164542.jpg
(138.93 KiB) Downloaded 596 times

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 388&zoom=6

I have not found one for ferry, yet.

And the Service Road is not really broken, it just seems like all service roads have been converted to street. xxxx scratch that.... the service road seems to now be a NULL type, and being flagged as non drivable connected to drivable! strange.

That happened for no apparent reason. I saw a '1' in the save box, hit save, got an error and canceled the save and then I see this:
2015-02-25_170509.jpg
(139.76 KiB) Downloaded 593 times

By the way, the segments with the line in them are being highlighted by WME color highlights as 'NON-Drive-able.
A bit odd that railroads are NOT being flagged as non drivable and Ferry is.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby serega_12 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:30 pm

ispyisail wrote:Do we need a wiki page for validator custom searches

Its getting hard to find stuff in this thread

Yes we do! +1
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext