voludu2 wrote:I am seeing inconsistencies with custom template/regexp highlighting, This makes it somewhat less useful than it could be for identifying "state smudging"
Unfortunately, WME was not created with Validator in mind, so there are few limitations. If you combine them together it will look like a bug sometimes, but from your description it it sound like a strange but normal behaviour:
1. WME does not load all of the geometry at zoom levels 0-3. So you see the image of the streets, but there are no geometry, so those streets are not selectable and Validator can't check/highlight them.
2. Sometimes there are exceptions to the rule #1. For instance, if you zoom in to lvl 4 and then zoom out to lvl 3, the geometry may be still there, so Validator highlight some of the streets, but not the others.
3. Out of screen segments are not loaded, but sometimes they are still there when we pan around. Some Validator checks need all of the segments to be loaded.
Plus there are few Validator limitations:
1. Checks marked with "slow" does not run on zoom level 0-3.
2. There is a limit of reported segments per check (300). The 'Clear' button becomes red and there is a message in the segment's properties for that. So you can't report/highlight more that 300 blue custom check segments, you need to click the 'Clear' button time to time
3. There is a total number of segments limit (20K). Same, you'll see the red 'Clear' button and the message.
4. The therm "editable segment" in Validator has a bit stricter meaning: the segment properties should be editable and both of the nodes.
I hope that answers your questions.
EDIT: There is also few "bypasses" in Validator I forgot to mention:
1. Validator skips all checks for non-editable segments, which were updated after the 2014-05-01. There is a message in the segment's properties for that. We mark "exceptions" this way.
2. Validator skips all checks (but overlapping segments) for unconfirmed roads.
3. Validator skips all checks (but overlapping segments) for construction zones.