[Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.3 (BETA) / 12.02.2014

Postby bedo2991 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:11 am

May I ask you to insert this error in IT? "Ramp starting with "A " instead of "Dir. "
You should highlight as errors all the ramps that start with an A followed by a blank space.
Solution: Replace A with Dir.
"Wiki" ref: http://docs.wme-tools.com/index.php/gui ... lle-strade

No rush, take your time.
Thanks!

Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long". (Maybe 65 chars, not to bee too restrictive). We have some editors that take all the possible destination shown in the road signs and put them all in the ramp streetnames...
Francesco
Italian Global Champ
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ↖Italian docs
New: Street Vector Layer
"Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in heaven has in store" - Les Misérables
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ituajr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:04 am

berestovskyy wrote:12.02.2014 v0.6.3:
- UPD 'Exclude non-editable segments' option for nodes

Does this mean errors on nodes outside the user's editable area are not supposed to be flagged? Because I still get "#107 SLOW: No connection at node A" for my earlier example. (https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=76488&start=300)
50000 km driven with Waze, 2008 km paved.
ituajr
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dbraughlr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:07 am

ituajr wrote:Does this mean errors on nodes outside the user's editable area are not supposed to be flagged?

Please specify that you checked the option "Exclude non-editable segments".
dbraughlr

Postby ituajr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:17 am

dbraughlr wrote:
ituajr wrote:Does this mean errors on nodes outside the user's editable area are not supposed to be flagged?

Please specify that you checked the option "Exclude non-editable segments".

I did indeed check (ticked) "Exclude non-editable segments". Makes no difference to this segment whether it is on or off. After turning it back on, I cleared the report (X at the bottom of the Validator menu), dragged the map slightly, and the report reappeared. I also checked that Chrome's extensions page showed that I have Validator 0.6.3, and started a fresh editor tab to make sure I was running 0.6.3. Also checked that the 0.6.3 version number is shown on the Report page.

Rollo
50000 km driven with Waze, 2008 km paved.
ituajr
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby fmondini » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:04 am

In some cases, when a segment need to be locked to a specified level (like this one, in Italy freeways must be locked at level 5) the script correctly highlight the street if it's locked at level 4 or less. But if the segment is force-locked at 5 by the Road Rank it's impossible (except for level 6 editors) to change the lock level, because in the combo box there is only a single choice, and WME do not save back the property if it is unchanged.

I think there are two solutions: (1) don't highlight the segment if the RR is high enough or (2) force in some ways the update of the lock level of the segment, maybe moving it back to level 1 and then to level 5 (or every other "creative" ways you could find) :-)

Obviously not only for freeways, but for all the street types that need a specific lock. ;)
Global Champ, Country Manager for Italy and Scripting Expert
Waze.Tools Suite (now in beta) author, check it out!
Wme-Tools Suite author, check it out!

ImageImageImageImage
fmondini
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WazingArch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 pm

I would like to report the following issue with two same segments: uneeded node is not highlighted by validator. Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=26.209 ... 31&env=row
Last edited by WazingArch on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Country Manager Bulgaria • Translator
Уики България | Best map editing practice
WazingArch
Local Champs Localizers
Local Champs Localizers

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:10 pm

ditchi56 wrote:1) landmark too small to show on app? At least petrol (gas) station landmarks if not other types?

Landmarks are in my todo, but there are also ~50 other items, so no promises, sorry :(

lg1992 wrote:I suggest disabling the "Less than 3 letters long street name" note for Israel.

Ok, will be disabled.

bedo2991 wrote:May I ask you to insert this error in IT? "Ramp starting with "A " instead of "Dir. "
"Wiki" ref: http://docs.wme-tools.com/index.php/gui ... lle-strade

Please check the link since the page you are refering does not contain "dir." (sorry, I do not understand Italian).
Please also note, at the moment Validator shows Waze wiki and Waze forum links only.

bedo2991 wrote:Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long".

There is a check #52 "More than N letters street name" which may be adjusted and activated for IT.

ituajr wrote:I still get "#107 SLOW: No connection at node A" for my earlier example. (https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=76488&start=300)

I guess both the segment and the node in your example are editable, but you can't fix the error because the nearby segment is not editable. I'll try to fix this...

fmondini wrote:I think there are two solutions: (1) don't highlight the segment if the RR is high enough

Thanks! All of the lock-related checks will be updated.

bgarch wrote:they are not highlighted by validator. Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=26.209 ... 31&env=row

21.01.2014 v0.5.1:
- UPD 'Unneeded node A/B': total length is up to 10km

The discussion was somewhere in this thread.
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pumrum » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Feature Suggestion:

Highlight railroad segments that form junctions with non-railroad segments.

According to the Wiki:
DO NOT create a junction between the driven road and the railroad.

Source: https://www.waze.com/wiki/Railroad#Railroad

I see this frequently in the northeast US where there are a lot of regional railroads that go through towns and for one reason or another someone formed a junction between a railroad and a driveable segment.
pumrum

Re: junctions with drivable and non-drivable

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

A Railroad segment must not be at a junction with another type.

A Runway/taxiway segment must not be at a junction with another type.

There must not be a junction with any drivable type and any non-drivable type.

A ramp must be connected at both ends and the junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment.
dbraughlr

Re: junctions with drivable and non-drivable

Postby pumrum » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:21 pm

dbraughlr wrote:A Railroad segment must not be at a junction with another type.
A Runway/taxiway segment must not be at a junction with another type.
There must not be a junction with any drivable type and any non-drivable type.
A ramp must be connected at both ends and the junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment.

Good point, perhaps instead my feature request should be:

Highlight Non-drivable segments that form junctions with segments of a different type.

This way if a railroad formed a junction with anything but a railroad, it would get highlighted. If a runway formed an intersection with a walking path, it would get highlighted. etc etc
pumrum

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts