[Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:52 pm

j4m35ch3w wrote:Hi berestovskyy,

Thanks for the fast fix!

On a side note, is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'

In the thread quotes by CBenson, please supply either GIS link to city/county website showing lowercase usage or photograph of street signs showing lowercase.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:57 pm

pvaladares wrote:My suggestion is to add set City and Street default fields to 'None'.

This should not be a global option. We catch lots of new/bad editors by being able to see the red roads at very wide zoom levels.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby alexschrod » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:24 am

Being a software developer, I find it extremely frustrating when code is obfuscated and its license prevents you from trying to figure out what it does. Especially so in a community setting such as Waze.

Luckily, Javascript itself is incredibly malleable, so instead of modifying the script, let's modify a part of Javascript that the script relies on instead ... at least in Firefox, adding this peace of code directly under the LICENSE comment in the Greasemonkey script makes the script work again:

Code: Select all
Date.now = function() { };

Mind you, this may break all kinds of things, but as an emergency procedure while we wait for a new update, it works.
Last edited by alexschrod on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexschrod

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby alexschrod » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:03 am

So, technically we're breaching the license, as it says "You may not modify [...] the script", although it could also be argued that we've modified a part separate from what actually constitutes the script part...

And, come on. If you're going to write code that expires, at least update it a while before it does. Even if the update consists of nothing more than extending the expiration date. In the next update, if the author wants this kind of behavior in place, they should add another check first that sends a request to see if there is an actual update ready before telling people the script has expired.
alexschrod

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby alexschrod » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Taco909 wrote:For this reason, I can see the point in having an expiration date in the script. Not everyone has their scripts set up to auto-update.

Hence my comment earlier about first checking if there is an actual update available before telling people to upgrade, when there's nothing to upgrade to.

I also second the question made about why this script is so locked down. If (and sorry for being morbid here) the author dies or disappears from the Internet, or whatever, nobody can pick up where they left off, at least not without violating the license on the script, and we'd simply lose out on all the time and effort spent making and maintaining this script. It would be a great shame.

It also prevents others from helping improve the script in various ways, so I really see no benefit whatsoever in keeping it locked down.
alexschrod

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby alexschrod » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:41 am

Any reason the Custom Templates are locked to having only two, and having non-configurable colors? It would be nice to be able to add/remove Custom Templates at will, and also to set their colors manually. I'm already using both the ones available, but I have a "need" for several more.
alexschrod

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.1 (BETA) / 05.02.2014

Postby annickdw » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:19 pm

For Belgium #31 and #33 are irrelevant, because our citynames are fixed, we can't really make such mistakes in the cityname.
And because we have citynames that are used more than once, we use abbreviations to distinguish them: pe 'Laeken / Laken (Bru.)' is colouring completely blue, and that doesn't need to be changed
ImageImageImageImage
annick@wazebelgium.be
Glocal Champ - Country Manager Belgium
ImageImage

how to make a permalink - Benelux Wiki-guide
annickdw
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby arielorellana » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi, Validator stopped working for me and I don't know why, also I don't know where to start checking for the problem. I've searched but my searching skill have failed to find anything useful (I do get way too many results) . Can you point me to a relevant post or give me some pointers as to how to proceed?

Thank you.
arielorellana
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby Arnoniem » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 pm

I notice that the YELLOW soft-turns-on segment error can sometimes hide other RED or BLUE warnings, which can be more important to restore. Is it possible to "shift/move" the soft-turns-warning to a lower level in the visual warnings on the map?

Especially panning over large areas of soft turn segments, you can oversee important notices if you leave the soft turns as they are.
Waze Champs BeNeLux Waze Champs UAE Waze Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman
ImageImageImage
Arnoniem
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.3 / 07.10.2014

Postby Arnoniem » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Gerrit1965 wrote:Ahora me sale ... y no se carga el script

English please? ;)
Waze Champs BeNeLux Waze Champs UAE Waze Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman