[Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.4 / 07.11.2014

Postby Arnoniem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:47 am

Is anybody else seeing un-wanted or un-realistic warnings?
See example below. I've experienced a couple of times the warning Unneeded node, I think it was when the other node was off screen.
Can't really duplicate/reproduce on the same segment, but I do get this warning on other segments while scrolling around the map.

WME Validator strange warning.jpg
WME Validator strange warning.jpg (155.98 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Waze Champs BeNeLux Waze Champs UAE Waze Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman
ImageImageImage
Arnoniem
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.4 / 07.11.2014

Postby Arnoniem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 pm

Olestas wrote:Yes, I get blue highlight sometimes, as there is problem.. but when I select segment it disappears.

A lot of those are from the Simple segments warning, if you've recently fixed some of them. But some also have other warnings, such as this Unneeded node, while it's connected.

Thess ones only change after de-selecting and selecting again.
Waze Champs BeNeLux Waze Champs UAE Waze Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman
ImageImageImage
Arnoniem
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.2 (BETA) / 22.03.2014

Postby atomicdecay » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:13 pm

ctpoole wrote:It appears that 0.9.2 has a small problem with Elevation. I love the ability to flag segments that are out of range or NaN for Elevation, but now when I make a change to a segment (it seems to be related to turn restrictions), the elevation of some of the adjacent (at the intersection) segments have their elevation set to NaN and I have to adjust them with another save.

I'm noticing the same behavior too. I tested it and verified that an adjacent segment would have the correct elevation, I'd make a turn restriction change (generally at the junction), save, and then the elevation for all those adjacent segments would be blanked out. I checked some of the segments before I hit 'save' and the elevations were still correct...it wasn't until after the save that they were blanked out.
Tampa / St. Petersburg
atomicdecay

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.2 (BETA) / 22.03.2014

Postby atomicdecay » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:21 pm

So I just did a little more testing. If I pan around a little (literally just jiggled the mouse) the segments are still highlighted for 'Out of range elevation', but if I click on the segment the elevation is now shown correctly and the highlighting goes away once I deselect the segment.
Tampa / St. Petersburg
atomicdecay

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby atomicdecay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:25 pm

We have similar street names in Tampa. People here synonymously use both capital spellings, but the official correct spellings are De, El, La, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tampa / St. Petersburg
atomicdecay

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby Atuuu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:17 am

First of all - thanks for the very usefull script!
Could you please modify these rules for Latvia (LV) in the main package to fit my examples:

#33 No space before ("1943r.") or after ("gm.Jana") an abbreviation in the city name.
Example "Bruzilas [Saldus nov.]"

#173 No space before ('1943r.') or after ('st.Jan') an abbreviation in the street name.
Example "1905. gada iela"
ImageImageImage
CM: Latvia; beta editor; Android beta tester.
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green!
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.9 (BETA) / 27.04.2014

Postby Atuuu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 am

If there are two roads between two countries, WME Validator marks them with rule #37 (Adjacent segments at node B are identical). Example.
ImageImageImage
CM: Latvia; beta editor; Android beta tester.
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green!
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.1 / 25.06.2014

Postby BadLog » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:Why restrict "search for editor" to CMs? Edits to the road are a matter of public record - all you have to do is click on a road segment to see who edited it. I believe I saw a tweet a while back from @Waze or @WazeMapping that even said something to that effect (that edits were public record and there's no expectation that what you edit will be private).

Given that most people here area using some kind of pseudonym and not their real name, I see even less of a "privacy" issue, but that's another topic, I suppose.... :-)

Area Managers (and I'm not saying this because I am one) could benefit a lot from this, especially when they're working with a new editor and want to make sure that good edits (which should be the priority here) are being made....

Godo point of view SuperDave, I'm agree with you.

Saludos
BadLog
Saludos.
BadLog
ImageImage
BadLog

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.3 / 07.10.2014

Postby bart99gt » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Referencing this thread: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112938

Is there any way Validator could check for a segment that is in the opposite direction of the ones surrounding it, perhaps limited to minor highways and above? Bugs like the one in the thread above have very significant routing implications and given the lack of user feedback, tracking these down is tedious and difficult to say the least.
Mississippi State Manager
Memphis, TN Area Manager

Mississippi Wiki Pagehttps://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Mississippi
bart99gt
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.3 / 07.10.2014

Postby bart99gt » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Taco909 wrote:
bart99gt wrote:Referencing this thread: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112938

Is there any way Validator could check for a segment that is in the opposite direction of the ones surrounding it, perhaps limited to minor highways and above? Bugs like the one in the thread above have very significant routing implications and given the lack of user feedback, tracking these down is tedious and difficult to say the least.

That is a great idea, I wouldn't even want to see it limited to mH and above. It not that common for one-way roads to converge or separate outside of parking lots... but even then, this is something that should be looked at. It's not like the map would be covered with highlights.

Perhaps an option to ignore roads below "xxxxxx" so PLRs and private roads can be ignored manually.

My thought was that in an area that hasn't seen the light of an editor it may return a ton of errors on ordinary surface streets where the street directions are all out of whack. Since mH and above would be the most critical to routing, I thought that may be a good start, or at least as you mention, offer some kind of toggle to allow all street types to be considered if you wanted.
Mississippi State Manager
Memphis, TN Area Manager

Mississippi Wiki Pagehttps://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Mississippi
bart99gt
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts