Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
I'm running into a strange issue with user-defined checks, but I'm not sure if it's due to the order the checks are run. For some reason, when Waze did the base map import, several roads in South Carolina have been assigned to the state of Georgia. I've cleaned up most of these, but there are a few stragglers, so I entered the regex /Georgia/ with the template ${state}, ran the report, and got 18 hits. I then thought, "what if there are others that should be set to South Carolina that currently aren't?" So I changed the regex to !/South Carolina/, ran the report, and got none (using the exact same view)! I ran the initial report (Georgia) with duplicates and non-editables excluded and ran the second report with non-editables excluded and with and without duplicates, but got similar results (as stated above). Is there a reason one regex works properly while the other one doesn't? Am I missing something with regards to negated regex's?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
pumrum wrote:If you are stuck, try resetting the validator. Make sure "Exclude non-editable segments" is not checked after your reset, and set the custom filter again. Once you have verified manually that it is highlighting as expected, you can run a report. If you want to only see the custom filter results, set the "Reported as" filter to 128 (green) or 129 (blue) or 128,129 (green and blue)
Thanks for the suggestion! I tested the regex at a border and it seemed fine, but didn't know you could run a report with just the custom checks. Doing that seemed to find all of them correctly.
berestovskyy wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:Am I missing something with regards to negated regex's?
The report is cleared automatically once you change either a template or a regexp field. I guess you changed your custom check after the scan has been completed. This is my best guess. A permalink would help.
I ran a report, changed my custom check, and then ran it again, assuming, as you've verified, that the report would clear itself. I'll try running the report again while manually clearing it out. This is the area I'm running the report in, if you want to try it yourself.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
krikketdoug wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:
krikketdoug wrote:1> Walking trails and other non-drivable road types that have a elevation of something other than -5 be flagged.
You can use a custom check in Validator for that:
template: ${typeRank}:${elevation}
regexp: /^5:(?!-5)/
By chance is this one of those features linked to editor rank? I've looked about my system and haven't been able to find a way to do this.
If you're having trouble finding where to enter this, go to the Validator Settings (gear icon) and enter it in the appropriate boxes (first two) in the pane (labeled Custom template and Custom RegExp). It's not dependent on rank. See the Custom Checks examples for more info.
krikketdoug wrote:An idea for another invalid street name check, that might be workable...

I was out on a drive and I heard a couple of times at different streets, "Turn right on Street Charles Road". Kind of obvious what the problem was when I thought about it. St. is the abbreviation for Saint and Street.

Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?

Just a thought.
This could be checked for with the following RegExp (should work, but untested; maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong?):
Custom template: ${street}
Custom RegExp: /^St .*/i
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
okladriver wrote:I've been using Validator 1.0.2 in Chrome but recently started using some of the other scripts as well. Today I disabled all of the other scripts and turned Validator back on and noticed that it is reporting problems but only a tiny amount of segments with problems are being highlighted. I've completely disabled all other scripts, turned Validator on and off, uninstalled it, restarted the browser, reinstalled it, restarted again, but still having the same problem.

Attached is a screenshot showing that Validator is on, that I'm in my editing area, a list of problems for the selected segment, but no highlighting. Highlighting issues is turned on in the settings.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Forgot some words.
Have you tried going into Validator settings and selecting "Restore Defaults"? It might be that you set it to only show certain errors (under the search icon's tab, labeled "Reported as")
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
SuperDave1426 wrote:I appreciate having it, too. I don't see that above field (Updated by) when I bring up the search tab.

Is it restricted to CMs & RCs?
It is restricted to CMs, as stated in the FAQ
New! Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
SuperDave1426 wrote:
doctorkb wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote: Ok, thanks. I wonder if he can be persuaded to add State Managers, at least within the states they manage....
I doubt it. I suspect that he's using a "CM" flag that is applied to a user's record by the Waze system.

To expand it to anyone else would have to be to "AM" or everyone... unless he did a username-by-username validation.
Oh, maybe I misunderstood then. I thought that I had read somewhere that Waze actually created an official State Manager designation in the system. You're right, if all they did was just make us AMs with an area the size and shape of our states, then he'd have no way to tell the difference.
It would be nice if it could be expanded to the SMs to help them keep track of wayward editors, but then again, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get the RC or a CM to run a report for us and share the results, if needed. Remember, too, that you can use Colour Highlights to highlight segments that a user has last edited; a little more tedious as you have to be zoomed in more and move manually, but still useful.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Taco909 wrote:Okay, I'm not sure if this belongs in Validator or if it is a WME bug.

With the week's changes, my first custom highlight is now nul elevation (and when I clear it, it comes back on next reload)
That's fine, I can live with it... but it seems that for the most part, I only see it after I've edited a segment... such as after deleting a connected segment or unneeded junction node.
For the unneeded junction node I would expect the purple highlight to take precedence, but I'm seeing others that were not highlighted before a save and pop up green after saving.
In one case, after a save, a street two segments removed from any editing popped up nul.

At first I thought I still had highlighter set to display recent edits, but confirmed that it was not set.

They are legitimately nul elevation, but I have not yet been able to confirm whether or not they were nul before the edit-save operation.
There is a known issue in WME itself where edited segments will not show an elevation as set, but if you wait a second or two and refresh the roads, it will fix itself. Add for custom highlighting, that always takes precedence over other highlights
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
JNF makes cameras visible at zoom 0, if you have that installed
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Would it be possible to add a check for service roads in the USA? They have been deprecated and aren't to be used. Having them be highlighted (even if it's just as a note) would make it easier to remove them.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
BellHouse wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:Would it be possible to add a check for service roads in the USA? They have been deprecated and aren't to be used. Having them be highlighted (even if it's just as a note) would make it easier to remove them.
You can achieve that with the following custom check:

Custom template: ${typeRank}
Custom regexp: 9
Yeah, I've been using that. I was just thinking that, since this is a country-wide guideline, it would help more people be aware not to use that road type. Also, it would free up one of my custom checks :D
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message