Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
The problem is some service roads that have been added in my area should be sweet as private roads and not street. I'd prefer to find them and set the correctly before Waze changes all of them to street and starts trying to route on them. By my reckoning, it should be easy to add, but I wholly agree that those other checks are more needed and should be fixed first.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Feature request:

Allow custom color settings for custom checks in a localization pack. For some checks, it would be nice to have a different color than the standard yellow/gold.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Did you filter out any checks? You can always reset your preferences by going to settings and clicking reset defaults to see if that helps
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Raiden38 wrote:Hi

I'm working on a script addon for WME Validator and I was wondering if you it would be possible to flag an error, if the street has no name, and it's a primary street or up?

Thanks!
How about this:

Code: Select all

"template": "${typeRank}#${street}@",
"regexp": "/^1[1-5]#@"
That will just check the primary street name and not the alts. If you need that, it might take a little more work to get it working right
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Here are some examples of custom checks, with some explanations. If you go to the validator settings and hover over the custom template field, you'll get a list of all the checks you can use, as well.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
That is one thing I haven't figured out yet, but it would be useful.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
You need a .* in there before the opening parenthesis; also the typerank is wrong. Give this a try:

${typeRank}:${street}
/^1[01]:.*( [a-z)|([A-Z]{2})
When you combine two checks like that, the regex tries to match it in the exact order you have it, which is why the .* is necessary
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
SuperDave, do you have any checks you're excluding from checking? You can tell Validator to hide highlights for certain checks but the check will still show in the left with the segment details. See this screenshot:

In this screenshot, I have check 129 (the blue custom check) excluded from being highlighted but everything else is highlighted (and ${typeRank} /7/ highlights PLRs for me in the PL voludu2 shared).

@sketch, it seems ferries are undefined, currently. Running a debug check in validator returns this:

WME Validator v1.1.6 debug log for segment 84430611, check #128: 
1. Expand template: ${typeRank} -> undefined
2. Match RegExp: /.*/ -> ["undefined"]
=> REPORT the segment as #128 'User-defined custom check (green)'
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Here's an updated type list (not typerank):
${type}

1:  Street
2:  Primary Street
3:  Freeway
4:  Ramp
5:  Walking Trail
6:  Major Highway
7:  Minor Highway
8:  Dirt Road / 4X4 Trail
9:
10: Pedestrian Boardwalk
11:
12:
13:
14: Ferry
15:
16: Stairway
17: Private Road
18: Stairway
19: Runway/Taxiway
20: Parking Lot Road
21: Service Road (deprecated)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
If you have the experimental road layer enabled and the legacy roads disabled, no roads will be displayed because the experimental layer does not yet get enabled through a permalink. Might be best to enable the roads layer before running a scan so you don't have to enable them with every permalink to follow
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message