[Script] WME Validator 2020.10.25 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby doctorkb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Mikenit: the problem is they don't do what people who use them expect them to.

They should route like parking lot roads, but they route like streets.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Berestovskyy: BellHouse fixed this issue (with nodes) fairly quickly in TB. Perhaps he might be able to do the same for Validator, if you're interested in help...
Waze Global Champ
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm having trouble thinking of a case where you'd want a red arrow on a two-segment node... Unless one of the segments is one-way.
Waze Global Champ
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:11 am

PesachZ wrote:Take a look at the link which started this discussion, the satellite and street view images both confirm that it is a two way street on both sides of the barricade.

Unless you feel there should be a 5 meter segment at the do not enter sign? But that becomes an unnecessary hack, and an added node just to make validator happy. (Maybe not just to appease validator, as it could also allow the client to display the blockade)

I don't think I'd call that a hack. It's unfortunate that we can't have segments shorter than 5m without fouling up the routing engine, but I'd say that is the truth.

You have a span that appears to be about 3m that is one-way traffic only. I realize this could be marked as a red arrow (and since you show this, I can see that being correct), or it could be a one-way segment. The one-way segment may cause errors, as jemay mentions, but that's no different from a map error for disobeying a turn restriction.
Waze Global Champ
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Postby domoun » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:53 pm

I don't know if it that who cause issue in validator but since today the city layer got a new option show names :?
AM Réunion-Comores · RM Mayotte · @WazeReunion · TbCC · ß Android+RBS
domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby domoun » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 am

A great thanks to berestovskyy for the update ;)
domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby domoun » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:12 am

Since a few days already. Toolbox was broken also but now it's fix ;)
domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby dougp01 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 am

crazycaveman wrote:If you have the experimental road layer enabled and the legacy roads disabled, no roads will be displayed because the experimental layer does not yet get enabled through a permalink. Might be best to enable the roads layer before running a scan so you don't have to enable them with every permalink to follow

I think this might be okay except the Shift-R functionality has been overwritten with experimental roads. I for one am a big user of shortcuts and dutifully navigating menus with my mouse is a bit of a pain. I therefore am attempting to use experimental roads as much as possible and this validator layers problem is a continuous issue for me.

thanks!
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Postby dougp01 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 pm

As with the others, I am unable to use the WME Validator in Firefox. I too have re-installed to no avail. Is anyone looking into this concern? I consider the validator essential to what I do.

I should add that there seems to be other functions which are behaving differently from around the same time as the validator upgrade. Not certain if this is related or not. For example, when I launch a new session my browser frequently goes to New York City instead of the last place I did any editing. In addition, many of my preferences are changed. The Toolbox Highlight layers are all turned off. The left sidebar seems to behave strangely by not always displaying tools as I am accustomed to seeing. Side panel preferences are all reset. I suppose a setting in my CCleaner may have changed and now clears too much out of my Firefox cache but I cannot locate the problem.

I would use Chrome but have found that despite Google's advertising about fast browsing in modern browsers, Chrome becomes very sluggish when loaded with only a few scripts.

Thanks a bunch, Doug
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Postby dougp01 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 am

Hi all, I am seeking advice on "Incorrectly abbreviated street name"

I have a situation where the "." is an actual part of the road name. The Validator report result looks like this:

Fire Rte 162.12, No City
Fire Rte 199.1, No City
Fire Rte 199.1B, No City
Fire Rte 199.1C, No City
Forest Road 509.1, No City

Is there an alternative to this naming I can substitute?

thanks, Doug
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts