[Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: New thoughts

Postby krikketdoug » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
krikketdoug wrote:1> Walking trails and other non-drivable road types that have a elevation of something other than -5 be flagged.

You can use a custom check in Validator for that:
template: ${typeRank}:${elevation}
regexp: /^5:(?!-5)/

Thanks for the code. Now when I get the round tuit to figure out how to use the custom check... :D

berestovskyy wrote:But in fact at the moment Validator does the opposite. In some countries it highlights walking trails with elevation -5 (check #105).

Okay. Definately a country specefic thing then...

krikketdoug wrote:2> Now that the US is moving to a Functional Classification system,

I did not hear about US Functional Classification, so I can't comment this, sorry.[/quote]

Sure you can! That was just the reason why I thought of the check, as in my area a lot of road types are changing and sometimes things are missed. That doesn't invalidate the concept elsewhere.
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

ImageImage
Chicago Speed and Traffic Cameras
http://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/traffic/
krikketdoug

Postby sketch » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:34 pm

I believe the elevation 9 runway thing was suggested by me in another thread — because if runways interact with other roads at all, they'll be on top.

krikketdoug wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:But in fact at the moment Validator does the opposite. In some countries it highlights walking trails with elevation -5 (check #105).

Okay. Definately a country specefic thing then...

That check is there because some countries used -5 walking trails to represent railroads, but since we got the directive to add railroads using the railroad type, we added that highlight.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby krikketdoug » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 pm

sketch wrote:I believe the elevation 9 runway thing was suggested by me in another thread — because if runways interact with other roads at all, they'll be on top.

That very well could be. I never touch them, so I didn't make certain to memorize that detail. I don't even touch walking trails, and other non-drivable stuff other than to correct what's already out there by the established guidelines. And then I double-check before I do.
Last edited by kentsmith9 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote for readability
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

ImageImage
Chicago Speed and Traffic Cameras
http://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/traffic/
krikketdoug

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby numbermaniac » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:29 am

Why is it that every time I open the editor it gives me that terms and condition notice?
Android 4.1.1, Sony Xperia E
Image Image Image
numbermaniac
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:18 pm

numbermaniac wrote:Why is it that every time I open the editor it gives me that terms and condition notice?

Validator saves options into the local storage, so there might be two reasons:
1) your browser does not allow to set local data
2) your browser automatically clears local data once you quit the browser

For Chrome browser click menu->Settings->Advanced->Content Settings and make appropriate changes.
berestovskyy

Postby numbermaniac » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:15 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
numbermaniac wrote:Why is it that every time I open the editor it gives me that terms and condition notice?

Validator saves options into the local storage, so there might be two reasons:
1) your browser does not allow to set local data
2) your browser automatically clears local data once you quit the browser

For Chrome browser click menu->Settings->Advanced->Content Settings and make appropriate changes.

I guess it's because I use incognito, which is supposed to clear the data after closing. But it only started happening...maybe since 1.0.0?
Android 4.1.1, Sony Xperia E
Image Image Image
numbermaniac
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:55 pm

Waze development and Validator apparently have different definitions of road overlap and sharp angles. Recently Waze has started making available "reports" to RCs, so that we can go through the map and fix them so they don't cause routing issues. I have noticed that Waze uses a stricter definition than Validator, and it would probably be useful to have Validator use the same expectations.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 am

Before we do that, let's be sure we understand the turn issue. I saw a bunch of those errors flagged in CA. They were mostly at Bowtie intersections for the U-turns. I told Jemay I did not want to go through 500 bowties to tweak the angles if the route will still allow a car to do a U-turn there. I know a road would not generally allow a car to turn such a harsh angle, but when you are at a stop and doing a U-turn in an intersection you are going 3 miles per hour and you can do any angle.

Besides most of the bowtie intersections will be replaced by junction boxes (soon ;) ) so we should not be touching those intersections twice if not necessary.

Therefore we need to find out if those flagged issues were problems under general conditions vs. the routing server will NOT route through that harsh an angle.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:40 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:Before we do that, let's be sure we understand the turn issue. I saw a bunch of those errors flagged in CA. They were mostly at Bowtie intersections for the U-turns. I told Jemay I did not want to go through 500 bowties to tweak the angles if the route will still allow a car to do a U-turn there. I know a road would not generally allow a car to turn such a harsh angle, but when you are at a stop and doing a U-turn in an intersection you are going 3 miles per hour and you can do any angle.

Besides most of the bowtie intersections will be replaced by junction boxes (soon ;) ) so we should not be touching those intersections twice if not necessary.

Therefore we need to find out if those flagged issues were problems under general conditions vs. the routing server will NOT route through that harsh an angle.

And the entire point of a bowtie is to enable the restriction of U turns. There is no reason whatsoever to use a bowtie where U turns are allowed.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: bowtie U-turns

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

sketch wrote:There is no reason whatsoever to use a bowtie where U turns are allowed.

Occasionally only one U-turn is permitted.
dbraughlr

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts