[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Postby FlySR » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:17 am

is anyone having trouble with the WME Validator? sometimes it doesnt appear in chrom? After i log out - and back in it appears, and when i create a permalink for example, it disappears from the tools sidebar on the left?
FlySR
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Glodenox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Guys, isn't there some USA-specific thread about Validator in which such discussions can take place? Right now it's just cluttering this topic.

Another (easier) issue: would it be possible to fix the FontAwesome icons? This is what WME Validator looks like at the moment:
[ img ]

The problem is that the classes used to get FontAwesome icons were changed a month or two ago. You now need to apply the "fa" class and the icon-specific class. I've gone over the classes in Validator for you to make it easier:
icon-check -> fa fa-check-square-o (empty: fa fa-square-o)
icon-filter -> fa fa-filter
icon-search -> fa fa-search
icon-user -> fa fa-user
icon-wrench -> fa fa-wrench
icon-question-sign -> fa fa-question-circle
icon-list -> fa fa-list
icon-magic -> fa fa-magic

After these changes (I couldn't find any other occurrences of "icon-"), Validator looks like this again:
[ img ]
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby K-L-B » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:33 pm

I have one :)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=83046199

PesachZ wrote:
nidnarb wrote:Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you have any permalinks for these roads, should they really have a period in the name? This is a check which is specific to USA and checks that names are in accordance with our recommended abbreviations.
K-L-B
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby nidnarb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Part of the reason for the check is to avoid TTS issues. We may have to do something to accomodate here, or work around.

Well it does look like you got the TTS fixed. now the roads say the right name. Before they said ten zero 2 road north east. Now it says ten point 2 road north east. So hopefully you guys can get validator to work around this. Thanks again!
nidnarb
State Manager
State Manager

Postby PesachZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 pm

nidnarb wrote:
PesachZ wrote:
nidnarb wrote:Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

Do you have any permalinks for these roads, should they really have a period in the name? This is a check which is specific to USA and checks that names are in accordance with our recommended abbreviations.

Yes in Douglas and Grant County in WA have periods in the street name. When its a parralel road from the main one. Example G Rd NW, streets between that and F Rd NW would be something like G.7 Rd NW or G.3 Rd NW. I have confirmed from County GiS and one person who lives in the area thats how the streets are named. These are the same streets where i have the issue with TTS. Here is a PL of one of the road signs in that area. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... lter=false

Here is another PL of a road example at intersection. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... lter=false

If you need any other info let me know.

Part of the reason for the check is to avoid TTS issues. We may have to do something to accomodate here, or work around.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby nidnarb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:53 pm

PesachZ wrote:

Thanks!

Yes in Douglas and Grant County in WA have periods in the street name. When its a parralel road from the main one. Example G Rd NW, streets between that and F Rd NW would be something like G.7 Rd NW or G.3 Rd NW. I have confirmed from County GiS and one person who lives in the area thats how the streets are named. These are the same streets where i have the issue with TTS. Here is a PL of one of the road signs in that area. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... lter=false

Here is another PL of a road example at intersection. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... lter=false

If you need any other info let me know.
nidnarb
State Manager
State Manager

Postby PesachZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks!

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Glodenox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 am

Hmm, I've recently started having problems having WME Validator to load in Firefox 45.0 when I'm already logged in. This happens on two different computers.
The only message WME Validator gives in the browser console is "WME Validator v1.1.16: waiting for login...".
Only when I log out and log in, WME Validator loads fine for that session as the login gets triggered. So at least we know it isn't related to that. As this looks like a racing condition somewhere, I tried fixing it by putting the script to run before or after all other scripts, but neither action changed anything.

I personally use the following bit of code to check whether I still need to wait on a user login and that seems to work fine:
Code: Select all
// preceded by a check on whether the element with id user-info exists
if (!Waze.loginManager.hasUser()) {
  Waze.loginManager.events.register("login", null, exportFunction(init, unsafeWindow));
  Waze.loginManager.events.register("loginStatus", null, exportFunction(init, unsafeWindow));
  return;
}

To be absolutely safe that the event doesn't happen to be triggered between the check and registering the listener, you could also check hasUser again before actually returning, but in the time I've been using this bit of code I haven't had any issues yet.

EDIT: I've noticed that enabling the WME Toolbox makes Validator work again. Toolbox probably slows down Firefox enough for Validator to pick up that someone is already logged in. That's not really a solution though.
Last edited by Glodenox on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby nidnarb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:10 am

Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

nidnarb
State Manager
State Manager

Postby BellHouse » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Ratchetx wrote:Hello, good morning !, I need your help downloading the file to install offline, I'm having trouble installing from the webstore. thanks

If you first install Tampermonkey on Chrome an then follow the link for Firefox in the first post, you should be set up.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts