[Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: Saint versus Street

Postby crazycaveman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:19 am

krikketdoug wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:
krikketdoug wrote:1> Walking trails and other non-drivable road types that have a elevation of something other than -5 be flagged.

You can use a custom check in Validator for that:
template: ${typeRank}:${elevation}
regexp: /^5:(?!-5)/

By chance is this one of those features linked to editor rank? I've looked about my system and haven't been able to find a way to do this.

If you're having trouble finding where to enter this, go to the Validator Settings (gear icon) and enter it in the appropriate boxes (first two) in the pane (labeled Custom template and Custom RegExp). It's not dependent on rank. See the Custom Checks examples for more info.

krikketdoug wrote:An idea for another invalid street name check, that might be workable...

I was out on a drive and I heard a couple of times at different streets, "Turn right on Street Charles Road". Kind of obvious what the problem was when I thought about it. St. is the abbreviation for Saint and Street.

Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?

Just a thought.

This could be checked for with the following RegExp (should work, but untested; maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong?):
Custom template: ${street}
Custom RegExp: /^St .*/i
CM: USA
Image ImageImageImage
LG Leon, Android 5.1.1, Waze 4.1
iPhone 6, iOS 9.3, Waze 4.4
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:14 am

lg1992 wrote:Lately I cannot use the Validator on the beta editor (Israeli server).

Confirmed, I'll try to fix it.

bz2012 wrote:Is it possible to add a custom template field for {editorID} or {CreatedBy} {EditedBy} ?

In Validator you can simply click search tab and then put a username(s) into "Updated by" field. The 'Updated by" field is available for country managers only.

krikketdoug wrote:Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?

There is a forum thread with lots of useful custom checks for US: WME Validator localization for US
berestovskyy

Re: Saint versus Street

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:00 am

krikketdoug wrote:An idea for another invalid street name check, that might be workable...

I was out on a drive and I heard a couple of times at different streets, "Turn right on Street Charles Road". Kind of obvious what the problem was when I thought about it. St. is the abbreviation for Saint and Street.

Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?

Just a thought.

I created the following check for this same problem.
Code: Select all
{street}
/(^|/ |[NEWS] |Rue )St /

This will highlight segments that begin with "St ", or that contain any of the following:
"/ St "
"N St " | "E St " | "W St " | "S St "
"Rue St "

I will post this in the US Validator thread also.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.1 / 25.06.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 pm

25.06.2014 v1.0.1:
- Disabled for IL #52 'Too long street name'
- Disabled for IL #41, #42 'Reverse connectivity'
- Fixed for IL WME Beta
berestovskyy

Postby txemt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:59 am

Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby shmupi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 am

berestovskyy wrote:25.06.2014 v1.0.1:
- Disabled for IL #52 'Too long street name'
- Disabled for IL #41, #42 'Reverse connectivity'
- Fixed for IL WME Beta

Thanks a bunch !!!

Can you please release it for the production editor ?

The issue that we have is with editors that do not have access to the beta server

Thanks again,
Shmupi
Israel Coordinator & Community Leader & GC
Country Manager : Israel , Thailand , Romania
Resolved Update Requests : 175K
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:12 am

txemt wrote:Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."

berestovskyy gave the reasons for a bunch of the checks here. Do we want to have this discussion again in this validator thread or should we take it somewhere else?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.2
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ctpoole » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:45 pm

CBenson wrote:
txemt wrote:Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."

berestovskyy gave the reasons for a bunch of the checks here. Do we want to have this discussion again in this validator thread or should we take it somewhere else?

I agree with TXEMT. If I put in a node I eliminate the same segment warning but in its place I get an unneeded node warning. I tried to question this once before but didn't communicate the problem well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Area Manager: Metropolitan Austin, TX
ImageImage
ctpoole

Postby txemt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Let's have it here.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CBenson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:55 pm

ctpoole wrote:I agree with TXEMT. If I put in a node I eliminate the same segment warning but in its place I get an unneeded node warning. I tried to question this once before but didn't communicate the problem well.

Could you provide an example permalink? I do not get this behavior from the script.

It's been recommended since I started editing that no two segments should have the same two end points. The guidance has been to split one of them so there are always at least three segments involved in any "loop." If you don't do this several minor problems can occur. First if you start or end a route on a segment that shares its endpoints with another segment, the route line may display on the other segment. Second, routes over such a segment may show using the other segment in URs. Third, if you deviate onto the other segment, it seems that waze does not recalculate the route (admittedly not a significant problem as you end up at the same point anyway).

I believe that somewhere it was explained that these issues are caused by the routing engine identifying routes by junction nodes rather than segments. Thus if you have two segments that connect the same two junction nodes, when the various display engines get the instructions from the routing engine the route is ambiguous. However, I can't remember or find who posted this explanation.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.2
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts