[Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.1 / 25.06.2014

Postby txemt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:01 pm

txemt wrote:Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."

I get the same thing ctpoole gets. You place a node because validator says you need a node, then you hit save and it throws an error for having the node. It's a vicious cycle.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CBenson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:38 pm

So I put a node on Vanda Ter. Validator is not showing an error for having identical adjacent segments (or any other error) to me. Is showing an error for you?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0, Waze 3.9.9.907
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby txemt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 pm

I tried it this morning and it wasn't throwing the error, but that goes back to what I said earlier, extra nodes are part of the clean up process of an area. The less nodes there are, the fewer places we have to check for errors.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CBenson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Well sure. When I started many were deleting nodes from the end of dead end segments using essentially the same logic. Then waze came in and said the end nodes were necessary. If the node serves a purpose, its not an extra node. Same here, when there have been complaints about routing to loop roads, waze says the solution is to add the "extra" node. If we only mapped primary streets and up, then there would be fewer places we'd have to check for errors. The goal here isn't to have fewer places to check for errors, its to have a map that works the best we can make it work.

Seems to me you can either change the your clean up process to comply with the wiki or get waze to change the way it handles multiple segments that connect the same two junction nodes.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0, Waze 3.9.9.907
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GeekySmurf » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:40 pm

I get the same thing ctpoole gets. You place a node because validator says you need a node, then you hit save and it throws an error for having the node. It's a vicious cycle.

I have been doing cleanup with Validator in low traffic areas. Per the Wiki I have been adding the node to these scenarios and have not received errors on save for the most part. There have been a couple of occasions where there was a loop that would cause some errors and I would need to build out a section at a time, but never an error when adding the extra node.
Last edited by GeekySmurf on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandria, Monroe, New Orleans, Louisianna
Editing Manual| Editing Best Practice | My Wiki Pages / New Editor Links
GeekySmurf
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes the extra nodes are required. There is a different thread that confirmed that requirement and then made it into the Wiki.

For the Toolbox, there was a time early on when the Sweep function would remove a node in a few loops and then the Fix Loop function would add it back in. I tried to give examples a few weeks ago and some improvements were made to those algorithms. I have not noticed any recent Break-Fix-Break conditions like I was seeing in the past.

I have not seen a time when Validator disagreed with the Toolbox operation when it left the node in a loop.

As for editors manually removing the extra nodes, there is no stopping that except for education (and possibly rank locks).
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:27 pm

This discussion has happened so many times. It's a problem. Go find it on the rest of the forum if you aren't convinced yet. There's no need to do it again.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby krikketdoug » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 am

sketch wrote:This discussion has happened so many times. It's a problem. Go find it on the rest of the forum if you aren't convinced yet. There's no need to do it again.

Then let me give an answer that fixes the problem.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Style_Guide#Loops (Edited to add the following: Look under Loop Save Errors)

Fortunately for me Junction Node Fixer (JNF) still works, so it simplifies this process a lot. Click on the double-node, hit q, and the new node appears. Add one more node, and the problem goes away. By hitting q, yes, you get about 15 edits. Look at the guide for the reason why.

Hope this helps!

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

ImageImage
Chicago Speed and Traffic Cameras
http://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/traffic/
krikketdoug

Postby BellHouse » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 pm

ctpoole wrote: If I put in a node I eliminate the same segment warning but in its place I get an unneeded node warning.

This used to be a problem, but in the current Validator version this should not happen any more (the unneeded node warning).
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:29 am

Added to the F.A.Q.:

Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts