Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME ChatJumper

Post by tkr85
New day - new script :D
This time something for chat users ;)
When you click on chat user, to center map on chat user view this script will remeber your last position, and if you want return there, simply click green button "jump".
Red "X" removes saved position.
Clicking/Jumping to new chat-user position dont remove or change this saved position. One, and only way to remove saved position is red button

Thanks for AlanOfTheBerg and sketch for inspiration in this topic.

http://pyrczak.pl/ChatJumper.user.js
tkr85
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:1277643

Send a message
Last edited by tkr85 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by taco909
sketch wrote:Really? Hasn't been working for me. Installed in Tampermonkey in Chrome for Mac. I get an error from ChatJumper in the console every time I load WME.
Every now and then it gets flaky, but it's been pretty stable for the last week.
I just tried it a few minutes before I posted that.

Firefox/Greasemonkey/Windows8.1
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
KuniaKid wrote:Is this script still working? It's not working for me. Any chance for an update? I miss it.
Still working here
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Seems broken on this WME update... I have not seen the "Jump" link since Saturday night.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Can someone patch the forum software so we can thank tkr85 more than once?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by t0cableguy
Thanks for the quick fix!
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
Chat jumper seems to be broken in WME because of the new changes. Thanks for the work on your script and I hope you can find a quick fix to get this back going!
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by sketch
How embarrassing... I was running an old version. Guess Tampermonkey didn't autoupdate it for me...
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Really? Hasn't been working for me. Installed in Tampermonkey in Chrome for Mac. I get an error from ChatJumper in the console every time I load WME.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
This is excellent! :D

One thing I noticed, it would be nice to save the previous zoom level as well, so you're actually looking at the same screen as before, not just centered on the same place. As it is now, I can start zoomed all the way out, go to someone, zoom in really far, and jump back, and I'll be in the same place, only zoomed in very far. Maybe not so much of a problem, but if it's the other way around — if you start zoomed in, go to a user, zoom out, and jump back — it might be easy to lose your place.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message