[Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Postby glomp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 am

The WME Roundabout Angles script can help in designing normal roundabouts.

It draws angles for typical roundabouts and overlays a round helper line to adjust the geometry of a roundabout.
The script provides guidance based on the rules described in the roundabouts wiki page.

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76, who decided to leave the Waze community (hopefully, not forever...).
The rights for further maintenance of the script have been granted by the original author to FZ69617.

The script is currently hosted at GreasyFork:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme-roundabout-angles

Brief instructions:
  • Activate the script by enabling the "Roundabout Angles" layer in WME
  • The default is inactive, therefore the script will always be off when you reload WME. It must be activated again each time its needed (after reloading WME).
  • The script will automatically find all roundabouts visible on the map - pan and / or zoom the map, if it doesn't find them.
  • Angles will only be displayed for roundabouts with four or less nodes. The other roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, together with a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.

================ Original Post ===============

This extension uses a keyboard shortcut key of Shift+D. This is also the WME default shortcut for highlighting unnamed roads, thus you are no longer able to use the standard keyboard shortcut to show the unnamed roads.

The keyboard shortcuts popup now shows "None" as the shortcut key for unnamed roads. Disabling the extension returns standard keyboard shortcut funtionality.
ImageImage
Austraila Wiki | CA: Australia
glomp
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm

wlodek76 wrote:so it used Shift+W in that case :)

Shift+W is used to switch on/off Validator :lol:
berestovskyy

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.04

Postby ottonomy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:53 am

I have not been able to make this extension work in Chrome (35.0.1916.153) on Mac OS X 10.9.3. Other non-Chrome-Store scripts, such as Junction Node Fixer, are functional. Roundabout Angles will install just fine, in Developer Mode, and shows as enabled, but it is not to be found in the WME layer menu. This persists through clearing of cache and restarting of Chrome. It does work with no problem in Firefox on the same machine. Any thoughts? Has anyone else been able to use this in Chrome on a Mac?

Edit: And thank you for creating this very useful utility!
Last edited by ottonomy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - South Atlantic
Area Manager - Southern California
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.04

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:38 am

No issue with Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.153 m) in Windows 7. No Mac here.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:46 am

Unless I missed it, we don't yet have an entry in the Wiki for this script.

I see we have the Roundabout Angles and Landmark extension, so we can add this one.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 am

The feature description says for typical roundabouts. I see it does not work for roundabouts with 5 connected segments. Is that an planned fix, or no intent. I'm only asking to clarify the current limitations so people don't ask. Maybe add a "known limitations" in the original post to prevent the question.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 am

BTW, very cool script! :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:05 am

kentsmith9 wrote:The feature description says for typical roundabouts. I see it does not work for roundabouts with 5 connected segments. Is that an planned fix, or no intent. I'm only asking to clarify the current limitations so people don't ask. Maybe add a "known limitations" in the original post to prevent the question.

I imagine since the purpose of the script would be primarily to adjust a roundabout and make it 'normal', that it is pointless to add functionality for roundabouts with 5+ nodes.

On the other hand, the off label use of having a circle overlay to help move the roundabout could be useful regardless of how many nodes there are.

Edit: It does show the circle overlay with 5+ nodes, just not all the angles. Which is pretty much useless information anyways AFAIK, being that it has no bearing on anything that I know of. So it's not much of a limitation per-sé
Last edited by PesachZ on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:06 am

ottonomy wrote:I have not been able to make this extension work in Chrome (35.0.1916.153) on Mac OS X 10.9.3. Other non-Chrome-Store scripts, such as Junction Node Fixer, are functional. Roundabout Angles will install just fine, in Developer Mode, and shows as enabled, but it is not to be found in the WME layer menu. This persists through clearing of cache and restarting of Chrome. It does work with no problem in Firefox on the same machine. Any thoughts? Has anyone else been able to use this in Chrome on a Mac?

Edit: And thank you for creating this very useful utility!

It is working fine for me on chrome, installed through tamper monkey.

Great time saving script, thank you!
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby sketch » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:The feature description says for typical roundabouts. I see it does not work for roundabouts with 5 connected segments. Is that an planned fix, or no intent. I'm only asking to clarify the current limitations so people don't ask. Maybe add a "known limitations" in the original post to prevent the question.

For roundabouts with 5+ connected segments, I suppose the angles are irrelevant. It'd be nice – and I suppose this is a feature request – if it was able to number the exits from a selected segment as they would be numbered by Waze.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts