[Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.04

Postby Arnoniem » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks for this script!

A small tip, could you put the latest download link, in the opening post? That makes it easier to find, especially if this thread grows longer ;)

A question, I get 2 different layouts on roundabouts. One not showing the angles, the other does. Can you explain?
WME roundabout angles 1.jpg
WME roundabout angles 1.jpg (106.86 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Waze Champs BeNeLux Waze Champs UAE Waze Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman
ImageImageImage
Arnoniem
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Arnoniem » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks for the 4 answers ;)
I did read about the 5 connections but wasn't aware that it was actually 5 nodes and that a split entry/exit wouldn't work.
I guess we'd have to invent a mapcat-bowtie-ish roundabout to fix that. (But that wouldn't work without using the same node or creating an extra segment :D)

send from my SGS4, using Tapatalk
Waze Champs BeNeLux Waze Champs UAE Waze Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman
ImageImageImage
Arnoniem
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm

wlodek76 wrote:so it used Shift+W in that case :)

Shift+W is used to switch on/off Validator :lol:
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.04.1

Postby FZ69617 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 am

For those who did not notice that, there is an updated version 1.04.1 of the script that works with latest WME:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme ... out-angles

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76 who has left the Waze.
Fortunately, the author gave me the rights to publish, and maintain results of his work. I'll try do my best to fulfill this duty.

In case of any problems with a new version please let me know.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.05

Postby FZ69617 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Dear Wazers!

A new version 1.05 of WME Roundabout Angles script has been released.

Changes:
- New: Added support for roundabouts with 1 or 2 nodes.
- Improvement: Simplified roundabout markers starts displaying at zoom level 1.
- Improvement: Minimal required zoom level to compute roundabout angles changed to 5 (was 6).
- Improvement: Light blue marker circle is now displayed only with roundabouts for which the script can measure angles. The other roundabouts (with more than 4 nodes) are displayed a bit darker.
- Optimization: Significantly improved script execution performance.

Enjoy! :)
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 am

Arnoniem wrote:A small tip, could you put the latest download link, in the opening post? That makes it easier to find, especially if this thread grows longer ;)

Unfortunately, I cannot do that - opening post has been deleted, and any changes to currently opening post can be performed by its author, or forum moderator.

Arnoniem wrote:A question, I get 2 different layouts on roundabouts. One not showing the angles, the other does. Can you explain?

Seems to be already answered. :)
In short, the primary intent of the script is to help in designing "normal" roundabouts - as explained there:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Roundabouts/ ... structions

All roundabouts that are not eligible to become normal are being drawn using a dark blue circle that goes through the first three nodes, without any attempt to measure the angles - it helps to find the roundabouts on the map, but has nothing in common with a primary intent of the script.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:55 am

PesachZ wrote:If you reply to this post with what you would want in the opening post, we can then move it there

OK :)

First of all, I'd ask for changing the subject into:

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.05

And something like the following quotation could be useful I guess:
The WME Roundabout Angles script can help in designing the normal roundabouts.

It draws angles for typical roundabout and overlays helper line to adjust geometry of roundabout.
The script provides guidance based on the rules described there:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Roundabouts/ ... structions

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76, who decided to leave the Waze community (hopefully, not forever...).
The rights for further maintenance of the script has been granted by the original author to FZ69617.

The script is currently hosted at GreasyFork there:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme ... out-angles

Short usage instruction:
- Activate the script by enabling "Roundabout Angles" layer in WME - the activation is not persisted, thus the script shall be activated each time its needed after reloading the WME page.
- The script shall automatically find all roundabouts on visible area of the map - pan and/or zoom the map, if it doesn't find them.

Feel free to moderate it, if you think I missed something. :)

Thanks!
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:51 pm

PesachZ wrote:How about this, what do you think?

Almost perfect! :)

The only little problem I see in the last bullet:
PesachZ wrote:
  • Angles will only be displayed for Normal Roundabouts (four or less nodes). Not normal roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, and a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.

The angles are also displayed for non-normal roundabouts. The only condition that makes a visual difference is a number of nodes.

I'd rather prefer here:
  • Angles will only be displayed for roundabouts with four or less nodes. The other roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, together with a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.

What do you think?
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Postby glomp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 am

The WME Roundabout Angles script can help in designing normal roundabouts.

It draws angles for typical roundabouts and overlays a round helper line to adjust the geometry of a roundabout.
The script provides guidance based on the rules described in the roundabouts wiki page.

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76, who decided to leave the Waze community (hopefully, not forever...).
The rights for further maintenance of the script have been granted by the original author to FZ69617.

The script is currently hosted at GreasyFork:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme-roundabout-angles

Brief instructions:
  • Activate the script by enabling the "Roundabout Angles" layer in WME
  • The default is inactive, therefore the script will always be off when you reload WME. It must be activated again each time its needed (after reloading WME).
  • The script will automatically find all roundabouts visible on the map - pan and / or zoom the map, if it doesn't find them.
  • Angles will only be displayed for roundabouts with four or less nodes. The other roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, together with a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.

================ Original Post ===============

This extension uses a keyboard shortcut key of Shift+D. This is also the WME default shortcut for highlighting unnamed roads, thus you are no longer able to use the standard keyboard shortcut to show the unnamed roads.

The keyboard shortcuts popup now shows "None" as the shortcut key for unnamed roads. Disabling the extension returns standard keyboard shortcut funtionality.
ImageImage
Austraila Wiki | CA: Australia
glomp
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Arnoniem wrote:A question, I get 2 different layouts on roundabouts. One not showing the angles, the other does. Can you explain?

FZ69617 wrote:- Improvement: Light blue marker circle is now displayed only with roundabouts for which the script can measure angles. The other roundabouts (with more than 4 nodes) are displayed a bit darker.

OK? ;)
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts