Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Titan-ium
Hello

the problem seems to be solved at the present time
It's nice to not be bothered by the popup

Thank you ..
And happy New Year
Titan-ium
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Le Partage en Force

Envie de nous rejoindre? C'est ICI

"La liberté de chaque avis est le fondement de la diversité intellectuelle, une mosaïque d'idées qui enrichit notre compréhension du monde."

Post by tonestertm
Idea: watched editor registry/notification field

Since Chat Addon already watches who joins and leaves chat, we could use this to notify when a particular editor who needs to be contacted comes on to the map. This could be a new red-roader who isn't aware of / not answering PMs, an editor who needs some other guidance, someone we're waiting to collaborate with, or...?

The simplest version would be a field in our individual settings, where we could enter the username(s) and get a unique notification sound when a watched editor comes in.

A more elaborate, and possibly more useful version (perhaps limited to AM or SM and up ?) would be a central registry, where we could list the watched user's name, a brief description of why they need to be contacted, and the submitter's ID, so that if we don't happen to be online at that time, someone else can attempt to help out, if only to say "Read your PMs", or "Please contact so-and-so".

Thoughts?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
dummyd2 wrote:a custom list of usernames with new song has been already asked (a long time ago, sorry). I'll add it. This list will be local, not shared with other editors.
Thank you :)
But I'm against recording usernames of people without their agreement.
I do understand privacy concerns, but I just want to make sure you understand clearly what I was asking....

I don't want for Chat Add-on to keep a record of everyone who has logged in: I would like to keep a common custom list, somewhere "private", where Managers/Champs could enter names to be watched for. When they entered the Chat, a bell/song would sound and the name highlighted (for Managers/Champs only?) That's all. (Maybe the name could even be automatically removed from the managers' list, once "activated").

Any manager/champ online at that time could then reference a restricted access Sheet somewhere to learn what the issue is with the given editor, and take appropriate action. No recording of names by Add-on itself, no record of the fact that they entered Chat, once they left (except for what might remain in the chat window, of course). If that is still something you would consider a breach of privacy, then I will ask no more.

That said, it does seem to me that by agreeing to make yourself Visible in Chat, you're accepting a certain "release of privacy", but that's a gray area, and I won't push it.

Thanks again.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Thank you for that information! I'm a little bit in awe of the fact that a temporary collection of usernames, kept privately, for private use, would constitute a privacy violation. These aren't even people's actual names nor email addresses (in most cases). Guess I have a lot to learn about European Privacy laws. :o Does this mean that an individual user's Friends and Foes PM list constitutes a privacy violation, as well? I'm interested to understand.

At any rate, restricting access to a Google Sheet is relatively straightforward, in case anyone happens to know the US rules regarding usernames and privacy, and we could still use something similar here.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
Maybe the distance could pop up on a hover?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by top_gun_de
Hi, I am CM in two countries, but the current script does not offer me to register anywhere. I am using the current Chrome for Windows 64-bit and the current Tampermonkey. Is there any link to register manually?

Regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
While the triggered signal for entering seems innocent to me, the sheet with user-data would be a provacy-violation in many european countries, and I believe that you would waste a lot of time to create a permission-system that offers data only to privileged people of the relevant countries...
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by TSD66
Chat Addon v1.21 is compatible with the new WME, maybe you have to update it manually.
The only thing missing still is to create permalinks with the button, I'm sure this will follow soon.
Not the "Waze-soon", the real one! :D
TSD66
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
I've been using the script and enjoy it. Yesterday I found something new to me. I'm in Spain on business and thought I'd do some editing. I was trying to use the WME Chat to talk with local editors and such while in another country, but the chat returns to the USA chat after a time. I'm physically in the other country, with WME open to an area in that country and on the ROW server.

I set it to force room Spain and it still happens. It happens with chat window open or minimized.

Any help?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
This can be disregarded. I removed the script completely and still have same the issue.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)