Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
Small bug: If I activate the option "Play sound on new message", this sound is played each time I open another WME window/tab (Chrome).
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Aisha4815 wrote:I would be happy to just have chat. Period. I have been a Waze editor for over a month and recently I can't even get the chat tab or window to show up.
I think you're in the wrong thread with that question. Better place it in the general WME section.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
IikeThis wrote:I think a great new addition would be a little colored circle next to each persons name in the chat room, which would display if they are active.
I agree this would be very helpful, but I am not sure if this is easily done. Your WME can only display (also in scripts) the information it makes available. How should your WME know which user is active or afk? This would mean that the chat addon instance of each user regularly has to report its active status to some central server, which then distributes this information back to all other users.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
dummyd2 wrote:But I'm against recording usernames of people without their agreement.
+1
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
I think a first step that should be ok and feasible could be if every user can maintain a list of usernames on his computer. If any user in that list enters the chat, then a special sound and/or visual signal comes up. Something like the "Alert match" field, only that it also needs to monitor the join and leave messages.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
I second that request. For me, these 5 groups are also too much. Maybe you could add in an option like "Sort present users into time categories" (or so). So if this option is enabled, the sorting is as before, and if it is disabled, it soll only sort into zzz and not-zzz. But then again, the options screen is already quite long... :?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Too much honor! :oops: 8-)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
For me, the following Tampermonkey 4+ settings fix this issue:
TM4Settings.png
(50.09 KiB) Downloaded 1894 times
This turns off the new safety features introduced with Tampermonkey 4.0. This is not the ideal solution, of course, but maybe this can be taken back once the script authors have adopted their settings.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Feature suggestion:

It would be cool to have an option to default the chat to prod WME when running on beta WME. When using beta WME now, I have to switch back each time I (have to) reload beta WME. The new option could be placed like this in the config window:

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... K/download
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
BUG: When I reload WME while having the Chat window open, as soon as the chat history is loaded from the server, the new-message div is located at a wrong position (too high):

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... c/download

If I then minimize the chat window and re-open it, the div is positioned correctly.

I'm using Chrome.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message