[Script] WME Chat addon

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Chat addon

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:43 pm

laurenthembprd wrote:Hi Justin,

Currently when we click on a nickname or a target, it takes us to the editing location of the selected user.

Is it possible when we click on a nickname, that it takes on the profile page of the selected user ?
https://www.waze.com/fr/user/editor/

Thanks

I've added to my list to add a profile button to the mouse hover. I can't commit to any reasonable time frame, unfortunately. Life is pretty busy right now and there is a list of other script work ahead of this.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Update released: 2019.03.12.01

Added an option to show an icon in the user list that opens the editor profile for that user. Changing the option status requires a page refresh for it to update the chat list.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Caart » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52 pm

Hello.

Without Fix UI, the Bell/Zzz icon is melted with the Profile icon, which causes impossibility to click the Profile button.
However (with Fix UI), this is really a useful function, thanks laurenthembprd for idea and JustinS83 for coding.

Caart
Caart

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Caart wrote:Hello.

Without Fix UI, the Bell/Zzz icon is melted with the Profile icon, which causes impossibility to click the Profile button.
However (with Fix UI), this is really a useful function, thanks laurenthembprd for idea and JustinS83 for coding.

Caart

I'll take a look. Thanks for the feedback!
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Caart

I'm guessing Justin added the User Profile feature whilst using WME FixUI - which makes extensive changes to the Chat window - hence the problem! :lol: :lol:

@Justin - if you want to make your addition work without FixUI, then I'll make necessary changes to accommodate it's addition. :geek:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:27 pm

iainhouse wrote:

Caart

I'm guessing Justin added the User Profile feature whilst using WME FixUI - which makes extensive changes to the Chat window - hence the problem! :lol: :lol:

@Justin - if you want to make your addition work without FixUI, then I'll make necessary changes to accommodate it's addition. :geek:

Yeah, I guess I never realized WME FU messed that much with chat (I rarely use the chat...). I'll make some modifications without WME FU to make my addition work and try to make it work seemlessly without needing to change WME FU. If changes are necessary I'll let you know :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Caart » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:23 am

Hello

Would you please consider removing the question mark by default when clicking on a nickname?
I know I can remove it in the menu (I did), but I find this annoying when someone talks to me and didn't modify the options.
Essential script BTW, thanks for it.

Best regards.

Caart
Caart

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Caart wrote:Hello

Would you please consider removing the question mark by default when clicking on a nickname?
I know I can remove it in the menu (I did), but I find this annoying when someone talks to me and didn't modify the options.
Essential script BTW, thanks for it.

Best regards.

Caart

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Could you provide an example?
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Caart » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:12 pm

In the french version (sorry), I have an option named "Modèle pour le bip" where I can put anything as long as it contains "{userName}".
By default (when installing the script for the first time), this field is filled with "@{userName}?".
It would be better to have "@{userName}" by default.

Caart
Caart

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Caart wrote:In the french version (sorry), I have an option named "Modèle pour le bip" where I can put anything as long as it contains "{userName}".
By default (when installing the script for the first time), this field is filled with "@{userName}?".
It would be better to have "@{userName}" by default.

Caart

What does this even do? I don't see anything happening when attempting to match the format that is in the entry box

Edit: nevermind, I see. Yes, I'll make that change.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts