[Script] WME Toolbox (>1.4.2.8)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (>1.4.2.8)

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:48 pm

On the loops/extra node issue, I played with the current version a bit this morning. I noticed that on some loops if I repeatedly swept/fixed/saved/permalinked in no specific order eventually it would no longer find a problem with the loop and leave it alone. However there were other loops that seemed to never get past the issue.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:34 pm

[L6] New bug discovered: when auto-fix is used on dead-end, you can't save (saving error). Problem identified and should be fixed in the next release.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Oyyo,

Thanks again for all your fixes, in your, errm, spare time.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby masvbr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 am

OyyoDams wrote:Ok this should be fixed.

Code: Select all
Fix: Toolbox sometimes doesn't load if user is already logged

nop ... from time to time (today) it apears again
(FF 29.0.1 + 1.4.2.9)
LC, [L5] CM Czech Republic, WME Beta, Android + Waze Beta Client, https://www.wazer.cz
masvbr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby glomp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:40 am

masvbr wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Ok this should be fixed.

Fix: Toolbox sometimes doesn't load if user is already logged

nop ... from time to time (today) it apears again
(FF 29.0.1 + 1.4.2.9)

Only time Toolbox loads is when you logout and login again. If you refesh the page, Toolbox does not load.

Also the roundabout icons are grayed out and nothing happens when selecting a roundabout segment.

WME Toolbox 1.4.2.9, Firefox v30.0b9(beta), OS X 10.9.3
glomp
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:15 pm

I have now moved to Chrome. Toolbox working fine for me with loading through saves, permalinks, etc.

No issue selecting parts of a roundabout and having all roundabout buttons available. Only when selecting the entire roundabout do I lose the roundabout buttons. I don't use them enough to know if that is normal.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:22 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:Only when selecting the entire roundabout do I lose the roundabout buttons. I don't use them enough to know if that is normal.

That's normal, buttons are activated when 1 and only 1 roundabout segment is selected.

I'm still working on loading issues, which happen when WME loads slower than expected.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:35 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:I continue to find loops like this one that will sweep to remove and then fix the loop back and forth. Sometimes you can even save in between and it will stop, but then permalink again and it starts the circle again. I messed with a few others doing that process over and over on the same loop with a save sometimes after a sweep and sometimes after a loop fix. Not sure the combination, but eventually the loop stops the cycle and it no longer requires a fix. This one above seems to be in that category so I left it unsaved. I believe the current extra node was added by the loop script by me with 1.4.2.5 today.

Another loop highlighted here will want to be swept right after a permalink, and then the loop process begins like the others above. However the two loops on the map directly above this one did not have the problem until I messed with one of them. :lol: For fun I removed the node that used to be at the corner of this segment. The loop fix added a new junction between these segments. Now the sweeper wants to remove the south-most junction. No further saves done here.

Here are two more loops that the loop fix just fixed for me, but after the save and permalink they want to be swept.

For comparison, these two loops did not show the problem described above. The loops needed fixing and never allowed the sweeper to fix the extra nodes after all my attempts to confuse it. ;)

(EDIT: Yellow paragraph is no longer a problem after cycling through Sweep/Loop Fix in Chrome with toolbox multiple times. Other links still showing the problem as noted.)

The problem is I can't reproduce any of the cases you wrote... Do you have a permalink which shows the issue each time ?
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby ispyisail » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:40 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:Only when selecting the entire roundabout do I lose the roundabout buttons. I don't use them enough to know if that is normal.

That's normal, buttons are activated when 1 and only 1 roundabout segment is selected.

I'm still working on loading issues, which happen when WME loads slower than expected.

Yes I have slow internet and toolbox is still not loading :(
New Zealand and Papua New Guinea Country Manager
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Loading issue should be fixed.

Fix: [L6] Bug on save when using auto-fix on dead-ends
Rollback: Toolbox starting function restored back to 1.4.1.4 (When user enters login inside the editor, editor is refresh automatically)
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts