[Script] FC Highlights

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby sketch » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:02 pm

doctorkb wrote:Given sketch's comments, I'm not sure I'm ready to entirely take this on, but there are a couple caveats I'd mention before going further with it.

Highlights merely overlays a colour, with a degree of transparency. I don't believe we can recolour the roads -- though we might be able to put some colour overtop to get it close to the FC map colours. Alternatively, we don't set transparency, and it blocks out street names...

I'm also assuming you mean that it basically colours the Waze map to match the colour scheme on the FC map, let's start with one state -- if you get me the colours (in HTML #xxxxxx format), I can look at making something simple (it would be a separate script) that adds that overlay. Once we have it working for one state, we could look at expanding it out.

Oh, some other hurdles: it's not a 1:1 match from type to class; a Waze Freeway can be in FC either Interstate or Other Freeway, for example. Also, some states color rural classes differently than urban (others use the same colors, but dashed lines, which is no big deal).

Without further ado, here are the colors for two sample states – Louisiana and Michigan

Louisiana
Freeway: #007aff (Interstate) and #ffba00 (Fwy/Exp)
Major Highway: #ff3511 (Principal Arterial)
Minor Highway: #39ad00 (Minor Arterial)
Primary Street: #be3eec (Major Collector) and #ffff3e (Minor Collector)

Michigan
Freeway: #1474fb (Interstate) and #a821e3 (Other Freeway)
Major Highway: #f73723 (Other Principal Arterial)
Minor Highway: #885a46 (Minor Arterial)
Primary Street: #fda929 (Major Collector) and #3da61c (Minor Collector)

Not sure what to do about FW and PS; maybe two alternating colors?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:13 pm

sketch wrote:
bz2012 wrote:As I fight to convert areas from old mapping standard roads to FC mapping standards,
I was wondering how difficult it would be to 'recolor' the roads on the map so that
1) the colors 'match' the US FC maps colors for the equivalent types of WAZE map types.
objective: make the WAZE map, if properly configured, MATCH the FC map. That way, a quick glance at an area should show which segments need to be fixed.

There are 2 hurdles here:
  1. Each state uses its own color scheme.
  2. It would not account for US and state highways, although this could be programmed in for each state too.
Believe, though, that if I knew how to write one of these things, I would be all over this. :D

Given sketch's comments, I'm not sure I'm ready to entirely take this on, but there are a couple caveats I'd mention before going further with it.

Highlights merely overlays a colour, with a degree of transparency. I don't believe we can recolour the roads -- though we might be able to put some colour overtop to get it close to the FC map colours. Alternatively, we don't set transparency, and it blocks out street names...

I'm also assuming you mean that it basically colours the Waze map to match the colour scheme on the FC map, let's start with one state -- if you get me the colours (in HTML #xxxxxx format), I can look at making something simple (it would be a separate script) that adds that overlay. Once we have it working for one state, we could look at expanding it out.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby sketch » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:41 pm

bz2012 wrote:As I fight to convert areas from old mapping standard roads to FC mapping standards,
I was wondering how difficult it would be to 'recolor' the roads on the map so that
1) the colors 'match' the US FC maps colors for the equivalent types of WAZE map types.
objective: make the WAZE map, if properly configured, MATCH the FC map. That way, a quick glance at an area should show which segments need to be fixed.

There are 2 hurdles here:
  1. Each state uses its own color scheme.
  2. It would not account for US and state highways, although this could be programmed in for each state too.
Believe, though, that if I knew how to write one of these things, I would be all over this. :D
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] FC Highlights

Postby awhardin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:29 pm

I installed v0.7.1 without a hitch in Chrome. It's management tab shows up in the left edit panel of WME with the color selection boxes, associated "dash" check boxes and the Change road type labels check box. However, even when I check the Change road type labels option those label boxes never show up. I have clicked the Refresh button on the management tab and have done a browser window refresh. I have closed Chrome and reopened.
Also, no option is showing up in the Layers dialog to select for showing the FC Highlights. Any suggestions?
awhardin
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby juliansean » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm

juliansean

Postby juliansean » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 am

I will have to post when I find one again. Should have saved the PL at the time, and didn't think of it.
juliansean

Postby dspille » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:42 am

juliansean wrote:Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?

Would you mind posting a PL of an example of a difference?
dspille
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:32 am

juliansean wrote:Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?

Thank you for this script by the way.

Not sure why it would be different, it is my understanding that this script pulls the data directly from TxDOT. Unless TxDOT does not have all their information synced.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby juliansean » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:17 am

Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?

Thank you for this script by the way.
juliansean

Postby jm6087 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 pm

If the state is included in the script, it shows what the FC a road should be based off the FC map from the state. It doesn't do the comparison, just shows the roads in FC highlight so you can compare.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts