Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
The only ways to say it I can think of are probably too long for the box... like "Major Arterial (& US Hwy if not higher)" and "Minor Arterial (& State Hwy if not higher)". Kind of a mess. But then maybe it's too much to try to fit the gist of the rule into the box.

"Major Art (& US- if not higher)"
"Minor Art (& SR- if not higher)"

Though that doesn't account for state-specific standards. Bah, I dunno.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Could be as simple as
Major Arterial (& US)
Minor Arterial (& SR)

And maybe we could put a small link to the Road types/USA page right above, when the script is active.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
doctorkb wrote:Good work, davielde!

FWIW, at first glance this: "Minor Arterial (& SR-# minimum)" could read "minor arterial, but it must be at a state road at a minimum"

I know that's not the intent, just wanted to share what it meant to me at first glance.
I tried so many ways to think of a way to condense the rule into 25 characters or less, but I don't think it's possible.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
Awesome work on the script.

One thing I noticed is it doesn't seem to remember when I have turned it off. Every time I open a new window or do a full refresh it reactivates the layer.

Is there any way to make it remember or not turn on until I want it too?

Not a huge deal, just a suggestion.

Thanks
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by SunDevil2213
I notice that the California CalTrans FC layer is available on an arcgis site. Is there a reason it can't be brought into this script? Sorry if has been asked before.
https://caltrans.maps.arcgis.com/apps/w ... a3e5668538
SunDevil2213  
Answers: 1
Send a message
Thanks,

Ryan W.
SunDevil2213
AZ State Manager

Post by taco909
And time spent explaining the progress is time not spent coding ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
kentsmith9 wrote:
doctorkb wrote:That includes being the only active Global Champ for a country larger than the US...
You get a +1 for everything you said, but since you brought it up I did want to add that in area Canada is larger than the USA by 1.6%, but the USA has 620% of the roads in Canada. :mrgreen:
(Just keeping you honest my Canadian brother. ;) )
And we could slip our northern border 50 miles while everyone is watching the hockey game and encompass 90% of the population :lol:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:And as long as you took Quebec, many of us would thank you for it! :)
:lol:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by Timbones
The ideal solution would be to turn off the road layer, and draw your own using the FC colors. All the streets. And add street labels.

I don't know why Waze don't do this already...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
There's no licence on my code, so you're free make a copy of it if you wish (as many other people have).

However, the way my script adds the colour is rather hacky and out-dated, as it modifies existing invisible line objects that WME created for hovering and selecting. The better (proper) method would be to create a completely new layer (which appears in the layer selection panel), and draw new line objects for all of your roads. This is how Validator highlights roads, which is much neater than my hacky method. (I looked at changing WMECH to use it's own layer, but it was too much work).

Have a look at my Route Checker script for some simple code that adds line objects to a layer.
There's a lot to do to make this script work for FC though:
  • Create a new OL.Layer.Vector during initialisation
  • Iterate through Waze.segments.objects and extract the geometry.components from each
  • Figure out the appropriate segment colour for the segment by reading attributes.roadType
  • Create a new OL.Geometry.LineString and add it to the layer
  • Add listeners for mergeend and zoomend events and add new segments to the layer
  • Add labels to some of the segments, but not all of them. Maybe based on length and zoom
Tip: explore the properties of an object by selecting something in the editor, and typing this line into the developer console. You'll want to look at the attributes and the geometry:

Code: Select all

Waze.selectionManager.selectedItems[0]
Hope that helps, somehow... :geek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries