[Script] FC Highlights

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] FC Highlights

Postby voludu2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Cleaning my glasses again....
so many interfaces. so little brainpower.

Thanks

[ img ]
USA Northeast Region Discord Chat
State Manager - Pennsylvania
Country Manager - USA and Thailand
Wiki Master, Global Mentor
utilitas, simplicitas, retentionis
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby PesachZ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:34 pm

I haven't been following this thread closely, and didn't notice all the great work already accomplished here. I was discussing this earlier today and think I may have some useful suggestions.

1st I recommend also including streets (FC: Local)

2nd as mentioned earlier some Waze types may be used for multiple fc types (Fwy = interstate, fwy, and possibly other, Expwy) would it be possible to assign multiple colors to one type as thinner stacked lines or as a dashed line and alternate those colors as a dashed line (similar to the line in livemap closures overlay). If you can do this, it would be nice to have a color choice for each of the official FC types.

3rd goes along well with 2, a check box for each color to display as a dashed line. (NYS for example draws Principal Arterial as a dashed green line, so I'd put green as the color and check off dashed. This would be even nicer in concert with request 2, which could then display solid green for Principal arterial - expressway, and principal arterial- other freeway, and dashed green for principal arterial.

Thanks for considering these suggestions, hopefully they help and don't sound ridiculous.

PS I haven't installed this yet though I do plan on it, so I'm just going off the posted screen shots above.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby davielde » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:02 pm

It would probably be a few weeks before anything gets released. Yes on 1. I can look into 2 and 3.
[ img ]
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde

Postby bz2012 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Shifting:
davielde wrote:
bz2012 wrote:A recent WME update seemed to break something.
WME FC color highlights 0.6.2 (from greasy fork, installed via tampermonkey) seems to now conflict with WME toolbox 1.5.6
When WME FC color highlights is 'enabled' in tampermonkey, the 'Toolbox Highlight Layers' pop-up is empty.

Disabling WME FC colorhighlights 'fixes' the problem.

This is a different and unrelated script from WMECH. We can shift this discussion to that thread, but I am not able to replicate the issue in Chrome between the FC highlights and Toolbox. More details are needed.
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=95473

Not sure what has changed, (nothing that I know of, except perhaps WME(?!) but I can't reproduce the problem either now!
This morning, I did a 'binary search' by turning off half my extensions, and eventually narrowed down the problem to FC Highlights. Problem would go away when it was turned off.
Now, the problem is gone. I have not even rebooted my computer.

Sorry to have bothered you.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby davielde » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:39 pm

bz2012 wrote:Not sure what has changed, (nothing that I know of, except perhaps WME(?!) but I can't reproduce the problem either now!
This morning, I did a 'binary search' by turning off half my extensions, and eventually narrowed down the problem to FC Highlights. Problem would go away when it was turned off.
Now, the problem is gone. I have not even rebooted my computer.

Thanks. I do not have this script enabled much anymore, but it seemed to behave okay for me with Toolbox enabled in Chrome. If it happens again, please post.
[ img ]
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde

Postby G_W1Z » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Does this script only highlight what FC is set currently on WME or that AND what it should be? For example, a road should be MH and not mH. It would glow the MH color.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/5010- ... ights/code
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 pm

If the state is included in the script, it shows what the FC a road should be based off the FC map from the state. It doesn't do the comparison, just shows the roads in FC highlight so you can compare.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby juliansean » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:17 am

Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?

Thank you for this script by the way.
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California, Southwest KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:32 am

juliansean wrote:Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?

Thank you for this script by the way.

Not sure why it would be different, it is my understanding that this script pulls the data directly from TxDOT. Unless TxDOT does not have all their information synced.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dspille » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:42 am

juliansean wrote:Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?

Would you mind posting a PL of an example of a difference?
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts