Post by svx-biker
Only on the live map or also in the editor?

I think the live map is more behind than the editors (cartouche and papyrus). Also the maps on the client (iPhone, Android, etc.) are usually a bit behind. This can be tricky if you want to check on the road what you recently changed.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
As for candy points and ping points: I got several these last days.

- Candy points
They seem to appear only occasionally. If you're in an aera with many small (resident) streets you may not even get them while riding on the main road. Once eaten they are no new ones, i.e. in my area I rarely get one. However, when driving through Switzerland - I'm often on the road and on long trips - I keep getting candies.

- Bonus points
I also find those "750" etc on the map. However this is probably more because of new roads created and maps updated in papyrus.

Summary:
I think it definitely works but sometimes it takes some days until you see the result in the dashboard and on your points.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
The candy points are randomly distributed. So they can be on a stairway or somewhere you cannot or are not alowed to drive to.

While you drive on the main road (Street, primary street, highway) there are sometimes points to the left and the right but you cannot or do not want to drive to them.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Please see also http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Time ... ng_process, especially the Number 8 Points.
Your client device will estimate how many points you earn, but may give you points that you shouldn't receive. For example, you may earn points by road-munching an unconfirmed road, but in fact someone else drove it an hour earlier. The Waze server will sort that out, and the points your phone gave you provisionally will disappear when you get an update from the server.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message