Forum rules
Welcome to the Switzerland Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Discord Server:

https://i.ibb.co/zQfpNSG/join-discord.png
(click the image to join the Discord)

Update map

Post by giogiomogio
Hi
I don't know why in Lugano (probably too in another place of ticino) the map are not updated ...
the roads are the same of 3 weeks ago... we have built many roads in us city... but them are not visible on the live map...
why?

thx all
giogiomogio

POSTER_ID:3864708

Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
There are several issues with the updateprocesses. Check status.waze.com for more information. Also there are a few threads in the General or Map section of the Waze Forum.
Cause of the Server crash in August there are a lot of problems in waze. Just be patient.
In iPhone V3.0 there are no more points for chitchat but pings and candys are still there. The same issues are for the pointsupdate in your dashboard or client. It takes time but nothing is lost, just wait and relax. :-)
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
The Candy Points are working well for all those Candys n Stuff. Once they're eaten, they should not appear on the same road again. My experience. For every 500 Map edit Points on the Editor you will earn a 750 candy.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
the points come with the next points update. Which usually will be announced on the statuspage.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
As many of us, we have to be patient with waze. Sometimes it's better to not think that much about the points. And one day you will be suprised about your score. Just edit, use waze for fun and relax, cause the points come up anyway...
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by giogiomogio
svx_biker wrote:Only on the live map or also in the editor?
only on the live map
svx_biker wrote:I think the live map is more behind than the editors (cartouche and papyrus). Also the maps on the client (iPhone, Android, etc.) are usually a bit behind. This can be tricky if you want to check on the road what you recently changed.
thank you, i will attend :)
do you have check if it's possible to gain candy-points or pings-points ????
from my registration to today i haven't never gain with an update these points
giogiomogio
Send a message

Post by giogiomogio
svx_biker wrote:As for candy points and ping points: I got several these last days.

- Candy points
If you're in an aera with many small (resident) streets you may not even get them while riding on the main road.
thank for your repond,
ok the time will tell :)
i attend (positively)

but... i don't understand one part of your string, i have quoted it.
you can explain it to me In other words?

thx
giogiomogio
Send a message

Post by giogiomogio
svx_biker wrote:The candy points are randomly distributed. So they can be on a stairway or somewhere you cannot or are not alowed to drive to.

While you drive on the main road (Street, primary street, highway) there are sometimes points to the left and the right but you cannot or do not want to drive to them.
ok, but this argument fails to justify the points of candy can work!
giogiomogio
Send a message

Post by giogiomogio
en fact i have eaten 3 candy points of 750 points :)
but i don't see on the server (on my dashboard) these points (1500 = 750x3) from 30 days ...
giogiomogio
Send a message

Post by giogiomogio
svx_biker wrote:Please see also http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Time ... ng_process, especially the Number 8 Points.
Your client device will estimate how many points you earn, but may give you points that you shouldn't receive. For example, you may earn points by road-munching an unconfirmed road, but in fact someone else drove it an hour earlier. The Waze server will sort that out, and the points your phone gave you provisionally will disappear when you get an update from the server.
ok thx,
but until today i haven't gains these points.
giogiomogio
Send a message